forum

How long does it take for my rank to expire?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hey, so my computer broke and am not able to get a new one for another month or two, and can't login to the game anywhere else or play. I wanted to make sure my rank isn't taken away due to inactivity, does it take longer than 2 months, and if not is there anything I can do to keep the rank? Thanks in advance
Sandy Hoey
Your rank will never be completely taken away. Your account may be marked inactive, but submitting scores when you return will bring all of your stats and plays back. The only thing you have to worry about is other people moving past you which will make your rank decrease, but thats whatever
Vuelo Eluko

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Your rank will never be completely taken away. Your account may be marked inactive, but submitting scores when you return will bring all of your stats and plays back. The only thing you have to worry about is other people moving past you which will make your rank decrease, but thats whatever
maybe from your perspective but take a look at my graph
that's definitely not whatever :o
Kobi_old_1

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

maybe from your perspective but take a look at my graph
that's definitely not whatever :o
Wait, what? Why is there a straight up blank spot in your graph? Even when I was away for a literal year, my graph was just a steady slope down (and down, and down), there was never a blank area like that, it's bizarre o.O
Endaris
He was restricted, so none had a chance to check his profile during that time. Very likely that osu! stops tracking ranks for restricted players.

Anyway, on topic: One play on a ranked map in 3 months is enough to keep your profile from going into the inactive state mentioned by Sandy.
winber1
my graph went to rank 5million every other day when i was restricted lmfao
pandaBee

Checkmate, Atheists.
Edgar_Figaro

Endaris wrote:

He was restricted, so none had a chance to check his profile during that time. Very likely that osu! stops tracking ranks for restricted players.

Anyway, on topic: One play on a ranked map in 3 months is enough to keep your profile from going into the inactive state mentioned by Sandy.
I don’t think it’s any set time, like for instance this high ranked player in Taiko has been innactive for over a year and is still ranked. S4835 I think it’s jist whenever the devs feel like purging innactive players from the rankings.