forum

Branch Map For Section Pass/Fail

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
hoihoisoi
I was thinking about Branch Maps. So when a player reaches a pit stop, that is the pass section or fail section the map changes accordingly to what result the player gets. If he passes, he proceeds with a different mapping of beats. If he fails, another mapping of beats. So then it'll create a sort of diversity in the maps. So different paths will reach different conclusions (As in different mapped beats). So, if a player gets passes, he's given a harder map, while if a player gets fails, he gets an easier map, but that's for the mappers to decide anyways. And they are given a choice to use it or not. So probably they can use it on the hardest difficulty on their map or something like that.

Just in my opinion of course.
Wishy
This idea is actually kind of fun. Isn't this what's used in Stream mode@osu!stream? I don't really see how this could work here though since the whole game's been working like it does for years already.
theMikeAG
I thought that too, this sounds JUST like Osu! Stream.

Anyway, I don't think this is a really good idea for plain Osu for several reasons.
1: It would create situations where players can only pass a map if they purposely perform poorly at certain points...
2: It would mess up our current method of separating difficulties.
3: It would require a number of extra feature requests (definable approach rate/health drain/overall difficulty per inherit) to make it actually work properly.
4: It would clutter our current edit mode interface (which is cluttered enough, personally).
5: It would eliminated one of the key differences between Osu! and Osu! Stream. I'm pretty sure that Peppy wants to keep them separate.
Topic Starter
hoihoisoi

theMikeAG wrote:

I thought that too, this sounds JUST like Osu! Stream.

Anyway, I don't think this is a really good idea for plain Osu for several reasons.
1: It would create situations where players can only pass a map if they purposely perform poorly at certain points...
2: It would mess up our current method of separating difficulties.
3: It would require a number of extra feature requests (definable approach rate/health drain/overall difficulty per inherit) to make it actually work properly.
4: It would clutter our current edit mode interface (which is cluttered enough, personally).
5: It would eliminated one of the key differences between Osu! and Osu! Stream. I'm pretty sure that Peppy wants to keep them separate.
That makes perfect sense. Man, you convinced me.....Now I think it's a bad idea......
My1_old
what is osustream anyway???
Azure_Kite
an iOS game, like osu! Created by peppy.

Why don't you, you know. Research it ;p
My1_old
so can it be used on/made for the PC too???
Wishy
You can only play it on Android/iOS (iPhone, iPad and shit).
My1_old
can ppy make one for PC too???
awp
No. The design of the game requires a multi-touch interface, which isn't really feasible for PC
My1_old
ok, shit...
Topic Starter
hoihoisoi
We seemed to have gone way off topic....
abraker
With players focusing nothing but pp now-a-days, I think this will give a good incentive to play for something other than the top score.