forum

Super Street Fighter 4

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hoihoisoi
Not sure if anyone has made a thread about this but I don't see any. In any case, I've been playing Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition lately on the PC that is (I'm late....I know....don't rub it in.....).

Frankly, the only character I do use and know how to use is Dudley, and I'm still new using him so I can't combo fancy shit, only learned how to counter anti-airs and fireballs. Other than that, he's a pretty short range character and it's hard using him if you don't get the range right. Normally I'll just be a troll and let CPU come close before I sucker punch them in the face. Or wait till somebody shoots a fireball and I duck and sucker punch them in the face too. Other than that, I'm pretty noob. I can combo here and there, my max is about 3 or 4, normal moves (On CPU) and about 8 (With training dummy), super would be bout 18, ultra (Corkscrew Cross) is bout 9. Usually I anti air with my super or ultra. I don't use EX moves, cause I keep wasting them a lot of times already and I don't want to take the risk most of the time, but still learning to control it.

What bout you guys? Anyone play SSF4 here?
Quaraezha
Street Fighter IV is nice and all.
But I prefer Street Fighter III 3rd Strike.

I just feel that SFIV is more casual than it's suppose to be.
But that's just my opinion (and most of the SF gamers)
ampzz
Street Fighter 2 thanks.

Street Fighter IV is more your stereotypical fighter of the current generation which removed/dulled a lot of its enjoyable moments.
Topic Starter
hoihoisoi
Actually to tell the truth I thought Street Fighter Zero 2 was the best one. I had alot alot of fun playing that, no idea why. In SSF4, I just wanna learn to combo as much as possible without really taking the music and BG in.
Mianki
I've played SSSIV on the xbox quite a lot but I keep losing 'cause I don't know how to make combos >.<
Vext_old

Mianki wrote:

I've played SSSIV on the xbox quite a lot but I keep losing 'cause I don't know how to make combos >.<
Story of my life.
Firo Prochainezo
Just smash those damn buttons and hope for the best.
Vext_old
That's how I play insane maps on dt.
Mianki
Yesterday I got the achievement "play 300 Xbox Live matches" and few days earlier I got the achievement "Win 30 Xbox Live matches".
Quaraezha

Mianki wrote:

Yesterday I got the achievement "play 300 Xbox Live matches" and few days earlier I got the achievement "Win 30 Xbox Live matches".
Don't play against Asians :V
Mianki

Quaraezha wrote:

Don't play against Asians :V
I've rarely encountered any Asians, there's mostly ppl from USA, UK, Spain and few Australians.
31Gabe
Well, my VAiO used to handle SSFIV:AE on Win7 x32 with frame skipping, but it freezes too much on Win7 x64. Cool thing is that I produced a custom soundtrack (for the standard levels), but I have not made the SUPER level music or the Alpha 2 voices yet.