forum

King of the Iron Fist Tournament...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ampzz
Enter the Tekken!

http://tekken.namco.com/

With Tekken Hybrid coming out rather shortly, same with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 next year, I was just wondering if there was any other Tekken fans out there?

With the Tekken Hybrid set, you get both the movie (Tekken: Blood Vengeance 3D) and the game (Tekken Tag Tournament HD) which is the rendition of the PlayStation 2 title released back in 2000 along with the other bonus; Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue.

The noticeable thing with all of this is the set will be (at current time of reading and pre-release) a PlayStation 3 exclusive offer which means it wont suffer from the defects Tekken 6 copped thanks to being created for both PS and Xbox360 with a few short ends skipped.

I'll be enjoying being able to watch the complete CG movie dubbed Tekken: Blood Vengeance as it will completely trump the trash that Hollywood made and watch the Mishima family members being awesome as usual.
Silently hoping that Paul Phoenix makes an appearance - my hero.

With Tekken Tag Tournament 2 it'll be highly enjoyable having the same (apparent) level of customisation, if not more, from the selection Tekken 6 gave us.

It will be awesome being able to play as some of the older characters again like Jun Kazama, Devil, Orge and such with being able to spend all the pointlessly saved up credits on again.

Can anyone else say "Wow." at how the youthful Heihachi Mishima looked when this first debuted as a teaser?

Am actually going to get the Hori arcade stick this time around to fully appreciate playing Tekken as it would be like in the arcades since the Gold Coast doesn't have anything remotely close to it.
DeletedUser_910779
Haseo_old
Tekken Hybrid? lol

Also, nice thread. Been playing Tekken since I was a kid.
Sallad4ever
Banzai for a game where everyone understand each other even when they are speaking in different language
Don't get me wrong, I love Tekken. I wonder what's the story behind Heihachi you appearance, also seeing how Jun appear on the video I guess Tekken Tag 2 will be a canon?
Haseo_old
Tekken Tag 1 was never canon.
Topic Starter
ampzz

Sallad4ever wrote:

also seeing how Jun appear on the video I guess Tekken Tag 2 will be a canon?
If you go by the true, canon storyline following from Tekken 2s conclusion:
  1. Jun had become impregnated by Kazuya (not known if before the tournament started or during).
  2. Iron Fist Tournament 2's conclusion ended with Heihachi Mishima's victory and he takes the Zaibatsu back from Kazuya after dropping him in the volcano
  3. Jin is born and raised by Jun during his early childhood.
  4. Jun is killed/absorbed by Orge.
  5. Jin is then brought up by his blodo related grandfather (as bait) Heihachi.
  6. During some training session for Jin out in the woods (prior to the Iron Fist Tournament 3's announcement) get his trademark left arm tattoo which as people should know by now is his devil gene insignia.
So that's the reason why Tekken Tag has never been labelled as a canonical game
Unknown from Tekken Tag 1 looked uncannily similar to Jun Kazama, this was due to the original idea of Unknown being Jun's blood-related sister but that was scrapped when Tekken Tag was made non-canonical.

Not that I care too much, it'll be fun playing Tekken Tag 2 with the confirmation that all 41 playable characters from Tekken 6 (including Panda not as a palette swap) will be returning along with Jinpachi Mishima, True Ogre and Jun Kazama in HD with some lovely unconfirmed characters which would make it even more enjoyable:
Unconfirmed list

• Alex
    Angel
    Devil Ganryu
    Dr. Boskonovitch
    Forrest Law
    Gun Jack
    Kunimitsu
    Michelle Chang
    Ogre
    Prototype Jack
    Roger
Then there's quite a few physical changes to the characters with most notable mention being Heihachi Mishima in a more youthful state, both the devil counterparts of Jin and Kazuya (known solely as Devil) getting a massive make over as well from their Tekken: Blood Vengeance renditions.

Of course it would be cool if Unknown got included in the roster as well, but I'm not fussed.

As long as there is a plenitude of outfits (default and customisation) with the same solid strings of combos from previous games with maybe a few new inclusions I will be playing this game frequently.
FisHie_old

I will never forget this, I used to play this game with my father almost every day when we bought it. Good times.
lepidopodus

ampzz wrote:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 next year
Already available in Arcade centers in Japan, Korea, etc.
Vext_old
Never did get into Tekken that much, though tag was quite enjoyable. I might actually get this.
Haseo_old

ampzz wrote:

wordswordswordsUnknown in the rosterwordswords
I checked the roster, and I can't seem to find who's the character underneath Jun. Maybe it's Unknown?

Also, Jun looks friggin hot for a 41 year old.
bomber34
I love Tekken :D
Best 3D fighting game in my opinion even though there are some Button masher chars in there :/

I look forward to Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Oh and don't forget ... Never use Mokujin in Tekken 5 Versus on the PSP ... You wait FOREVER :D