forum

I can't understand what snapping means

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
I searched it up on youtube, but I still don't understand what it means
KupcaH
You've searched it up on youtube, but have you tried using that search in left upper corner?
Caput Mortuum
moving the cursor from one object to another
N0thingSpecial
Have you ever put an effort in anything you do in life?
Yolshka

Eraser wrote:

moving the cursor from one object to another

"Move your hand while holding the mouse in order to aim towards the circles and click them"
Kyrari
https://youtu.be/ig7nTSbWwVc?t=51s

also explains other stuffs like flow which might be interesting to watch too
B1rd
Only the chosen few can understand esoteric concepts such as snapping.
autoteleology
You know, I used to think this guy was annoying, but now I love him because he acts as the perfect foil to show that the regulars here are usually total dicks as I alluded to in the other thread. You know it takes less effort to just be nice and useful than to think of some smart ass, unfunny quip right? If you are too jaded and/or edgy to answer a basic question without being mean, maybe it's time to reconsider why you are here.

Snapping is just your ability to make a jump as fast and cleanly as possible, as opposed to flow which is the ability to move fluidly and consistently over a period of time. VanillaSandvich's video is excellent, pishifat is a mapping expert and produces very high quality osu!-related content. Even though his videos deal mostly with mapping, there is plenty of information that is useful to learn purely as a player, too.
Velura

szkiller wrote:

I searched it up on youtube, but I still don't understand what it means
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/snapping
LunaBintu
The most simple way to explain snapping is when you move to a circle, slow down or even stop in place to click the circle, then move to the next. It’s not something you should have too much trouble with.
Linck5

Emersyne wrote:

You know, I used to think this guy was annoying, but now I love him because he acts as the perfect foil to show that the regulars here are usually total dicks as I alluded to in the other thread. You know it takes less effort to just be nice and useful than to think of some smart ass, unfunny quip right? If you are too jaded and/or edgy to answer a basic question without being mean, maybe it's time to reconsider why you are here.
I totally agree, and even though I'm new here I can already easily see this pattern happening. And I did it myself in another topic, which just goes to show how easily behaviors like that can spread and harm the community.
N0thingSpecial
Yes condoning effortless post instead of actually putting in the effort to do the research themselves, the nerves of people for suggesting that humans could be independent and resourceful.

Like seriously just did a quick search on google with keywords “osu what is snapping” and 4th and 5th result lead me to two separate reddit post with people discussing the nature, the benefit of snapping. That took like 10 minutes, waiting for someone to reply usually takes an hour. After doing your research, it would be very welcoming for you to post on G&R with something along the lines of “Yo people of G&R I just read up something about snapping and I’m thinking about learning how to snap, am I at a level that I should learn to snap, and what method is most efficient in learning how to snap”.

Self study is a thing, it’s something that is encouraged at school, it’s something that is a must in university, and it’s the most useful life skill you will ever learn.

there will always be that guy who would retort saying chill the fuk out it’s a game about clicking circles lol, and you’re not wrong, but there is zero merit to the guy if he actually wants to improve
NixXSkate
snap: to act or move with quick or abrupt motions of the body

basically in osu!, snapping means someone is moving to the notes very fast and stopping dead on the notes before clicking.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
I have a question,

is quick snapping a bad habit?
I already started to slow down my snapping to get rid of this habit
B1rd

Emersyne wrote:

Snapping is just your ability to make a jump as fast and cleanly as possible, as opposed to flow which is the ability to move fluidly and consistently over a period of time. VanillaSandvich's video is excellent, pishifat is a mapping expert and produces very high quality osu!-related content. Even though his videos deal mostly with mapping, there is plenty of information that is useful to learn purely as a player, too.
I'm here because it brings me great satisfaction to trigger random new people like you who treat random internet comments as if they were threats to your existence.
N0thingSpecial

szkiller wrote:

I have a question,

Snapping is good
autoteleology

B1rd wrote:

Emersyne wrote:

I'm here because it brings me great satisfaction to trigger random new people like you who treat random internet comments as if they were threats to your existence.
You exist to bother other people for your own amusement? What an admirable virtue.

Tell me something I don't know, but I couldn't have said it any better myself! ;)
E m i
EH i never have bad intentions, my posts and replies are just more affected by my mood than they should be.
Celine
You know, I used to think this guy was annoying, but now I love him because he acts as the perfect foil to show that the regulars here are usually total dicks as I alluded to in the other thread.
Kondou-Shinichi
tbh all threads this guy have posted should’ve just go into ingame chat
Keacky

N0thingSpecial wrote:

szkiller wrote:

I have a question,

Snapping is good
"Is it better to run fast or run slow?" What you answered "Run is good"

Well I re ask the question because my research on internet to find out what Snap means led me here, as other guys in future maybe:

I'm also concerned by this last question, I snap by instinct with sometimes peripheric vision, someone said here that is not a good thing in snapping and in general, should focus on each note. Moreover, I do it as quick as I can like a retard and don't even know if I'm right onto the circle when I snap (or when I do jumps to be more precise).

So, to improve snapping should you realy focus on reading each note in jump sections or sill use peripheric vision, and to slow down the move before each note or do it just as quick as I can?
(I'm a 6* noob player flame me all that satisfy you, as you did on the creater of this post, or thank you to all those who answered kindly after listening with attention, realy apreciated by the ones looking for answers. Sincerely, cheers mates.)
Molly Sandera
Meanwhile i am not that good at snapping so how do i snap faster again?