forum

How do I get better accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
I feel like my fingers are inconsistent and I usually have a UR above 140. How do I get more consistent at tapping to the beat? I fully alternate if this matters.
Endaris
Sounds dumb, but mostly by trying to get good accuracy. This involves playing maps that aren't too hard and where you actually stand a chance of achieving SS.
It can also help a lot to practice short stream pattern maps from RaneFire's list, as it adds a lot of security to any short streamy pattern of yours - and at the end of the day, accuracy is something that adds up over the entirety of a map.
Figure out where you drop accuracy the most and then try to get good at that specific thing so that you no longer drop significant bits anymore.
Fxjlk
Focus on the rhythm at a deeper level. Be conscious of how your fingers feel as you press the keys. Work on staying in a relaxed state for as long as possible to make it a habit.
Celine
tapping to the beat
you already answered your own question
Mio Winter
I'm the last person who should be giving advice on accuracy but... I can definitely support Endaris' advice. To get better accuracy, play maps that are less challenging on your aim and reading. If you're playing a hard map and have to focus all your attention on reading and aiming circles, there's little attention left over to focus on practicing accuracy. This is the reason why I have the lowest acc on this side of the galaxy--I've almost exclusively played to pass hard maps instead of playing maps accurately.

Also, be aware of what OD the map you're playing is currently on. If you find yourself getting almost no 100's on OD 7, then maybe play maps with higher OD, otherwise you won't get any feedback on whether you're hitting the circles accurately or not. : )