forum

A Light Client with Minimal Features

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Exactly what the topic says. A "light" client with few bells and whistles and the bare minimum to play a song on Osu. Online not necessarily needed.

The reason I suggest this is because of this little guideline for the forums:

Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here]. What's the point of making new features if you just turn it off?
I consider this bullshit, because I don't want whatever new feature is being planned for whenever, yet I'm stuck along for the ride because otherwise Osu is going to whine at me to update for whatever garbage I will never use nor care about to be tacked on. All I want to do is play Osu. I don't need all these extra features, I don't even need it to be online, but if the community decides it's a good idea, I'll be damned if I'm able to toggle it off because THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF NEW FEATURES?

So just give us a lighter client instead, think a cleaned up version of an early '08 build or something. We wouldn't have to worry about requests to disable features (which I'm still not sure what the problem of that is), since for one we wouldn't have them, and for two we wouldn't care anyway since I'd assume the light version would be fairly unchanging.

I don't care what my accuracy is or what my ranking is in the middle of the song, I just want to play a beatmap.
RemmyX25
As much as I want to pull a Saturos joke here and get shot for it....

I kinda actually agree with MagicFood. Quite honestly, I've just kept my mouth shout about most of the new features like the in-break ranking, or other stuff that probably doesnt matter to me. While there are new features which I have been excited about, I'm going to have to side with Magic.

for the laffs, release osu!b1
peppy
make it yourself if you want it.

sorry but i am in charge here and don't stand for this crap. thread closed.