forum

How Good Should You Be After A Few Months?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chadol
Only started around 3 months ago. What is the average skill level people are at after a few months?

Just want to get a grip on whether I'm improving at the average rate or not
autoteleology
These questions are a distraction from playing more and enjoying the game. Comparing yourself to other people is a waste of time.

Topic Starter
Chadol
I think I saw you in a couple of other threads. Do you just patrol forums? :)

Anyways, this was just out of curiosity. Thanks nonetheless though :oops:
Akanagi
I had exactly 1535pp after 3 months.
It's a bit useless to compare yourself to others, though. There will always be people who are improving faster and some who don't.
Topic Starter
Chadol

Rayne wrote:

I had exactly 1535pp after 3 months.
It's a bit useless to compare yourself to others, though. There will always be people who are improving faster and some who don't.
Thanks, I think that was pretty much summed up by the guy who got here first, but thanks for sharing :)
N0thingSpecial
If you suck yu suck, if you’re good you’ll do good
Topic Starter
Chadol

N0thingSpecial wrote:

How do I know if I suck or am good? That's very unspecific
Waffletrix
had 1320pp last 2 month because i just started only in June.
N0thingSpecial

Chadol5096 wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

How do I know if I suck or am good? That's very unspecific
Exactly
Topic Starter
Chadol
How do I know if I suck or am good? That's very unspecific[/quote]
Exactly[/quote]

Uh ok. That helps alot
Ayesha Altugle
Skill level varies from person to person.
Thirty30
Work at the pace that's best for you and you'll do just fine.

It's been 6 months for me but I'm just a really fast learner
Topic Starter
Chadol

Thirty30 wrote:

Work at the pace that's best for you and you'll do just fine.

It's been 6 months for me but I'm just a really fast learner
Haha, thanks. The answers are all kind of the same one way or another but atleast you guys cared enough to comment so thanks :)
KupcaH
There's no average.
Some people improve faster than others, other people play way more than others. And you can be better at different aspects in osu!, so comparing yourself to others is bad idea. Never do that.
Edgar_Figaro
t/504759

Although this thread was highly controversial it did bring up some interesting concepts
Mio Winter

Chadol5096 wrote:

Only started around 3 months ago. What is the average skill level people are at after a few months?

Just want to get a grip on whether I'm improving at the average rate or not
I don't know of any way to get such statistics, but I had the same question as you a couple of months after I started. The way I tried to get an intuitive sense of it was to look at people on the leaderboards with similar PP to me and see if they had more or less hours played than me. This is an inaccurate way to measure it, since PP is a bad way to measure skill for some, and "hours played" is a bad measure of actual hours played if you play a lot offline (e.g. maybe half of the time I spend in osu! I spend on unranked maps).
Solarys
After 3 months (only including August, September, October as before then I used the game as an OW aim trainer and didn't really give a crap about the game) I'm a few FCs away from being top 200k.

I'd consider that average I guess...
Endie-
Celine
predik mai pp after few months am i improv fast enugh haHa???
Fxjlk

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/504759

Although this thread was highly controversial it did bring up some interesting concepts
It was controversial for 3 reasons.

The first reason is because the nature vs nurture debate is still not solved and the OP tried to say, you should give up if you are not talented, as if it was fact.

The second reason is because the OP says you should evaluate whether or not you are talented by comparing yourself to others. This is viewed as a bad thing to do in itself. Not only that but he judges this on play count.

The third reason is because the OP values extrinsic success more than the journey to being the best. In the OP's eyes a person who works their hardest only to come second is a failure compared to the more talented person who comes first who didn't try their best. This is not a winners attitude
Vuelo Eluko
time since account creation is a useless metric, what matters is playcount/time played. That said, after 3 months of play time (well over 2000 hours), you should ideally be in the top 1500. If you are a truly exceptional player, top 100.