posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aruin
How do you guys hold a combo when you are nervous? :?:

Do you guys have any strategies that might help me? :?:

Or is this just something you get used to? :?:

My Problem
I just get messed up by my nerves because it makes my aim hand super shaky and my tapping inconsistent.
recently I've been trying to full combo 3 min 4.5*-5* maps but most of the time i get around 500 combo and around 97% acc then get shaky and fail a slider or tap to early for the next note and miss, i normally quit here because id either die or end up with like 93% acc A or something.
KupcaH

Aruin wrote:

How do you guys hold a combo when you are nervous? :?:

Do you guys have any strategies that might help me? :?:

Or is this just something you get used to? :?:

My Problem
I just get messed up by my nerves because it makes my aim hand super shaky and my tapping inconsistent.
recently I've been trying to full combo 3 min 4.5*-5* maps but most of the time i get around 500 combo and around 97% acc then get shaky and fail a slider or tap to early for the next note and miss, i normally quit here because id either die or end up with like 93% acc A or something.
- Stop caring about pp.
- Disable interface Shift+Tab.
- Continue playing after miss. Every time you'll get higher and higher combo, with being(perhaps) a little bit less nervous.
- Play more. You'll get less nervous on low star maps once you're gonna get better at high star maps.
burakku

Aruin wrote:

1)How do you guys hold a combo when you are nervous? :?:

2)[b]Do you guys have any strategies that might help me? :?:
[/b]
[b]Or is this just something you get used to? :?:
[/b]
My Problem

1) When you are nervous you don't hold combos.
2) You are probably trying to play at a level you aren't comfortable with. Simply put, you aren't ready for that map. You might want to try playing the map at half speed or playing a less difficult map.
And it sounds like you care too much about what accuracy you will end up with. If you want, you can play offline without an account, then go and play on your account when you have confidence.
Deva
You never get used to it

Look up that Freedom Dive 1x100 Cookiezi play and notice just how shaky his aim gets near the end.
burakku

Deva wrote:

You never get used to it

Look up that Freedom Dive 1x100 Cookiezi play and notice just how shaky his aim gets near the end.

Cookiezi or whoever ends up with a shaky aim pushes himself/herself too much. As you expand your comfort zone you will find yourself being able to relax at songs you couldn't. If you can't relax then it means it's not within your comfort zone yet.
Celine
giving less fucks works
N0thingSpecial
Play through whole song, you're not just developing muscle memory for the section that you choked, you need to develop muscle memory for the whole song.

As for how to stay calm, change your mentality, you got nervous because you're distracted by the thought of holding a combo, you hit circles not hold combos, focus on stuff that actually helps you hitting as much circles as you can.

I would probably be lying if I said I don't feel nervous while holding 3.7k combo on a marathon map, but I'm probably not aware of it until the actual miss happens or I full combo the map
dung eater
When a marathon runner shits their pants they just toss it out and keep running.
N0thingSpecial

bla wrote:

When a marathon runner shits their pants they just toss it out and keep running.
This guy shits and runs
- e - v - b-
Just play more, the nerves won't ever really go away but you can lessen them by playing more and playing better on hard stuff
Waffletrix
The Only Thing i can say to you to help you with this problem i had this kind of problem last time and it worked out fine just for me and i hope you do lose that feeling too it's a bad habit

1. Stop PP Farming (only in my opinion no offense tho.)
2. Hide Your Combo Counter It's The Only way
3. Hide Your Leaderboards(Scoreboard) so you can't see their score and anti-tilt for you (It worked for me)
4. Try Playing with maps you can't FC 5 mins or longer map marathons
5. Quit Looking at the Progress Bar (you know the Pie Graph or the Bar Graph horizontally ? on the upper right corner below your score and accuracy)
6. Retain Focus on the Song so you can Hear more the Beat and Maintain your Reading on the Circles
7. Last is this You will Have Fun on Playing :) Just like what other players do Success is not what rank you are now in Osu! it is success the feeling of the map you've Accomplished

May The Osu!Players bless you with their wisdom and knowledge :D
P.S Never Give Up and Remember to take a Deep Breath before playing it helps 100% sure man gets all nervousness outta your system :)
N0thingSpecial
tfw 2-3 minutes is marathon
KupcaH

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Hi, I'm marathon player!
dung eater
Play 10 min maps and longer without pausing. stay focused while being nervous and you learn to stay focused
MrMan
I usually just think about other stuff while playing. I'm usually on auto pilot when I play osu! so I don't really think about the game (sounds weird I know) so my strategy is that I forget to be nervous, I'm too busy thinking about something else.

Oddly enough it's helped me get heaps of good scores.
Waffletrix

N0thingSpecial wrote:

whoops my bad that sarcasm tho i corrected that part xd