forum

#2 osu! World Cup (Team vs) [Korea wins]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Metro

Lunah wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

So this is why players from smaller countries aren't allowed to participate in this world cup?

I'm sorry but this is pure bullshit.
What's hard to understand, a player can be added to another country team (this for helping nice players from small countries to play), example belgium -> france (same language and there are not enough players from belgium), naturally respecting a criteria , this doesn't mean that people can "combine" contries for make a new team, example I am gonna say "I'll make a team of switzerland and italy and I'll call it switaly", nope.
What about Nigeria and Japan? It'd still be Nippon :S.
Wishy
NIgeria + niPPON = Nippon OH YES WAY TO GO NIGERIA.
Rantai
Oh hey Australia is... wait a minute that's a New Zealand team!

Just wanted to point that out for technicality sake.
Topic Starter
fartownik

Rantai wrote:

Oh hey Australia is... wait a minute that's a New Zealand team!

Just wanted to point that out for technicality sake.
What the hell, that's a really stupid mistake. Sorry, the flags always mix up :D
Fixed.
theowest
Update

Sweden

Captain: theowest
Player1: Holmir
Player2: Nekoo[]
Player3: Gyuunyu
--------------------------
Back-up Player1: <strong>m4w11</strong>
Back-up Player2: failboat

Time-Zone: GMT+1
zozozofun
Since some of the better dutch players won't participate I thought we should give a chance to the others of Holland who aren't as good as them!

Holland

Captain: zozozofun
Player 1: Henkie
Player 2: laport
Player 3: happy30

Backup player 1: Big_ChilD

GMT + 1

More will join soon (probably)
Mismagius

zozozofun wrote:

Since some of the better dutch players won't participate we give a chance to the others of Holland who aren't as good as them!

Holland

Captain: zozozofun
Player 1: Henkie
Player 2: laport
Player 3: happy30

Backup player 1: Big_ChilD

GMT + 1

More will join soon (probably)
Now that's better.

inb4 henkie rage because of maplist
kapehh
Country name: Russian Federation
Captain: Akai-
Player1: Jaffar
Player2: 646kapeh064
Player3: _Angel
Back-up Player1: funshine
Back-up Player2: cr1m

GMT+4
_Angel
fartownik,
so i'll play for russian team, ok? \ o /
KRZY
Country name: Republic of Korea
Captain: KRZY
Player1: M A I D
Player2: Reisen Udongein
Player3: TBA
Back-up Player1: TBA
Back-up Player2: TBA

Time zone: GMT+8

Great logo design by the way, absolutely wonderful.
YodaSnipe
^ oh god
Enna Alouette

KRZY wrote:

go go win the OWC this time <3~
kriers
Norway, Sweden and Denmark are kinda alike. I mean, we even share our channel together. Even so, we're participating as 3 different teams altogether. That makes it amusing Germany has to get players from somewhere else, France can take players Belgium etc.
It's not like this rule applies anywhere else, and small countries kinda has to deal with it anyhow...

My point is, I think the rule where smaller countries can join together, or players can suddenly participate for a neighbouring country is too kind.
Colored

KRZY wrote:

lolwut?! where is cookie :o
galvenize

kriers wrote:

Norway, Sweden and Denmark are kinda alike. I mean, we even share our channel together. Even so, we're participating as 3 different teams altogether. That makes it amusing Germany has to get players from somewhere else, France can take players Belgium etc.
It's not like this rule applies anywhere else, and small countries kinda has to deal with it anyhow...

My point is, I think the rule where smaller countries can join together, or players can suddenly participate for a neighbouring country is too kind.

Man up and take those strong teams all on like a boss 8D.
YodaSnipe
like a baws!
Topic Starter
fartownik

646kapeh064 wrote:

Country name: Russian Federation
Captain: Akai-
Player1: Jaffar
Player2: 646kapeh064
Player3: _Angel
Back-up Player1: funshine
Back-up Player2: cr1m

GMT+4
After a talk with Vpalach I decided not to put Russia on the list yet. You didn't contact most of better players from your country and just submitted a team, that's not really fair isn't it? I'm gonna wait for a team composed with the best players as possible.
Wishy
I don't really know about russian players but I think the team you posted doesn't include even one of the best 4 players you got...

uljjang wrote:

He doesn't want to play or something. :c
_Angel
is this tournament for players, who fartownik want to see in only?
gj
Wishy
If you're from a country that has good players you can't go and sign-up with a team full of random players that can't even compare to the good ones. This is a WORLD CUP and the best players from each country are supposed to be able to play, you can't just go and leave them out because some random guys want to play too. It's like some 4 random guys from Korea come and make a team and leave idk Reisen and KRZY out...
Tanzklaue

_Angel wrote:

is this tournament for players, who fartownik want to see in only?
gj
He just don't want to get trolled by some people who just want to ruin things for the sake of ruining.
Gorlum

fartownik wrote:

After a talk with Vpalach I decided not to put Russia on the list yet. You didn't contact most of better players from your country and just submitted a team, that's not really fair isn't it? I'm gonna wait for a team composed with the best players as possible.
Your so-called "Vpalach and other better players" refused to participate on previous tournament because that was inconvenient for them and i'm absolutely can't understand why they're making their demands now and you're actually accepting this. Some players from previous tournament, as Akai for example wants to participate again. They have their own community of strong players and Vpalach have nothing to do with that. I'm sure that your Vpalach just messing around with that kind of claims, and since they've already made a team you should accept them for tournament.

Wishy22 wrote:

If you're from a country that has good players you can't go and sign-up with a team full of random players that can't even compare to the good ones. This is a WORLD CUP and the best players from each country are supposed to be able to play, you can't just go and leave them out because some random guys want to play too. It's like some 4 random guys from Korea come and make a team and leave idk Reisen and KRZY out...
Sigh, they're not some random players, but actually one of the best russian players. Stop talking bullshit, bro.
_Angel
gorlum, it's just a "every day new rules cup for leet players" ..
Cyclohexane
Just make a thread in the Russian forum asking who wants to participate in the owc for Russia and just take the best players that sign up...
Gorlum

Mr Color wrote:

Just make a thread in the Russian forum asking who wants to participate in the owc for Russia and just take the best players that sign up...
What is the point? They've already gathered the best setup.
Cyclohexane

gorlum wrote:

Mr Color wrote:

What is the point? They've already gathered the best setup.
First off, to see if everyone agrees with said setup and second to render things more official, apparently the team was created in a rush according to previous posts.
Besides, it's never a bad idea to inform people about the owc.
Gorlum

Mr Color wrote:

First off, to see if everyone agrees with said setup and second to render things more official, apparently the team was created in a rush according to previous posts.
Besides, it's never a bad idea to inform people about the owc.
Okay, lets just imagine. We've posted that. Some random trolls and "better players" do not agree with that setup. What's next? Disband a team and let this "better players" to play instead just because they suddenly wanted to? It's sounds odd, isn't it?
Also we have informed people about OWC via the chat and it took ~2 days to arrange a team. It haven't been made in an instance.
_Angel
gorlum. just because OWC organizator want to see his low skilled friends in teams.
Lunah_old

_Angel wrote:

gorlum. just because OWC organizator want to see his low skilled friends in teams.
Stop being ignorant, simply the country team should be made by best players of the country, not best teddybearfriends. You guys should talk together as community for make up the best team that you can, don't be hurried, you guys have time to talk (almost 1 month) and find a solution.

Everyone wants play, I know, but it's going to be an official world cup, as I previously said, get best players that you can.
_Angel
Lunah, how do you know - who is the best?
Lunah_old

_Angel wrote:

Lunah, how do you know - who is the best?
I don't, for this reason you guys should talk with the community (like making a thread), everyone will explain their thoughts, example, I am the captain of Italian team, I just made a thread in italian board and we talked in #italian and we found the best team, choosing together.
Gorlum

Lunah wrote:

_Angel wrote:

Stop being ignorant, simply the country team should be made by best players of the country, not best teddybearfriends. You guys should talk together as community for make up the best team that you can, don't be hurried, you guys have time to talk (almost 1 month) and find a solution.

Everyone wants play, I know, but it's going to be an official world cup, as I previously said, get best players that you can.
The only one being ignorant now is you. They're the best players for the time being. Stop insulting them! Time had changed, Vpalach, Tkiller 8bal Shandro and other old players are not the best russian players anymore.

Lunah wrote:

I don't, for this reason you guys should talk with the community (like making a thread), everyone will explain their thoughts, example, I am the captain of Italian team, I just made a thread in italian board and we talked in #italian and we found the best team, choosing together.
Good for you, but what makes you so confident that we haven't discussed it aswell?
Lunah_old

gorlum wrote:

The only one being ignorant now is you. They're the best players for the time being. Stop insulting them! Time had changed, Vpalach, Tkiller 8bal Shandro and other old players arel not the best russian players anymore.

_Angel wrote:

how do you know - who is the best?
as I previously said, you, me, they are nothing for say this, you guys should make a thread in russian board and choose as community, that's all, the discussion is finished
_Angel
i think akai is good enought for beeing one of the best russian player
Gorlum

Lunah wrote:

as I previously said, you, me, they are nothing for say this, you guys should make a thread in russian board and choose as community, that's all, the discussion is finished
We have large skype conference with the best players there. Why should we make topic on forum, just because you want?
Topic Starter
fartownik

_Angel wrote:

i think akai is good enought for beeing one of the best russian player
No one said he's not, but seems like you are not that confident about the rest.
END - OF - THE - TOPIC, make a thread in your forum and choose the team FAIRLY as it should be.
If you want anything else this topic-related ask me/Lunah via PM.
_Angel
anyway i want to play for my country, but i can't, and it's not fair :<
if you make OFFICIAL WORLD TOURNAMENT, please try to think about small countries in future..
Lunah_old
Russia is a country, not a skype conference, there are a lot of players, the discussion ends here.
Wishy

gorlum wrote:

Sigh, they're not some random players, but actually one of the best russian players. Stop talking bullshit, bro.
If you read the entire thread you gonna see I've said before that I don't really know anything about russian players, but that I'm assuming those in that team ARE NOT the best in Russia, since I don't see Vpalach or TKiller for example. However if you say so I can't really discuss you.
Waryas
i want to be korea's cheerleader
YodaSnipe
Anywayssss. Has there been any decision on the tournament style like swiss pairing, round robin, double elimination, etc, etc?
Wishy
Hope they do the 8 groups thing.
Gaba
This thread is going places. Soon I will post my Vatican Team group

oh...wait.
_Angel
Wishy22 isn't discussion ended?

and...
I think thay was best some times ago, but not now.. look at their "Historical Statistics"
Rey Fullbuster

Wishy22 wrote:

uljjang wrote:

man this is not fair :(
Gorlum
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=65837&p=1106831#p1106831
Just want to inform our dear staff, that we've created topic about tournament. Topic will last for 10 days and for that period we'll listen all complaints and will make a final decision in the end. Satisfied?
Topic Starter
fartownik

YodaSnipe wrote:

Anywayssss. Has there been any decision on the tournament style like swiss pairing, round robin, double elimination, etc, etc?
There will be 8 groups with 4 teams each.

gorlum wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=65837&p=1106831#p1106831
Just want to inform our dear staff, that we've created topic about tournament. Topic will last for 10 days and for that period we'll listen all complaints and will make a final decision in the end. Satisfied?
Wonderful.
YodaSnipe
8 groups of 4. OK, so how is every match setup then? Does every team face every team, orrr, wut :P
Topic Starter
fartownik

YodaSnipe wrote:

8 groups of 4. OK, so how is every match setup then? Does every team face every team, orrr, wut :P
All teams face each other. Already listed in the rules. No double elimination.
Soulclenz
i'd like to see Canada in this tournament, i'll put myself as captain for now until we find a full team, as of now i havent had the chance to speak to all my fellow canadians;

Country name: Canada
Captain: Soulclenz
Player1: YodaSnipe <--- unconfirmed
Player2: Silentwings <---- unconfirmed
Player3: FurukawaPan <--- unconfirmed
Back-up Player1:
Back-up Player2:

i will be talking to players throughout the day to see who is actually playing.
thelewa
fabulous FINLAND

Captain: ragelewa
Player 1: Zapy
Player 2: Orkel
Player 3: Sutsuka
Back-up Player 1: heintsi
Back-up Player 2: IppE602

tsajajaja start power etc.
IppE

ragelewa wrote:

fabulous FINLAND
I love you.
KanaRin
Country name: Hong Kong
Captain: KanaRin
Player1: Miu Matsuoka
Player2: Kirito47
Player3: Pokie
Back-up Player1: -[L]ightz
Back-up Player2: [url=][url]
Time Zone:GMT+8

for now.
KRZY

Wishy22 wrote:

uljjang wrote:

uh, no?

I haven't added Cookiezi or any other players yet simply because I haven't asked yet...
Ibuki Suika
Waiting Poland and Japan player list
:roll:
mizorex
Country name: Australia

Captain: Mizorex
Player 1: damiaanzx
Player 2: Hark
Player 3: Frankcons -unsure-?
Back-up Player 1: Mikey - unsure- ?
Back-up Player 2:

Time zone: GMT +11 hours
Mismagius
Now that... uh. you know; who's going to help you on the staff, farto?
lepidopodus

Blue Dragon wrote:

I just loled..... You know, I'm not so happy at all.
KRZY
Team Republic of Korea is withdrawing from the competition for now.
YodaSnipe
wuuuhhhh
Rey Fullbuster

KRZY wrote:

are you quit? :o
Apricot

YodaSnipe
I approve of your avatar Apricot :D
Pizzicato

KRZY wrote:

Wishy
Can't wait to see Japan's line-up (and China's).
Topic Starter
fartownik

lepidopodus wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

I just loled..... You know, I'm not so happy at all.
That's a kind of... unexpected situation.
I will think what should I do now and let everyone know soon.
Enna Alouette

Wishy22 wrote:

Can't wait to see Japan's line-up (and China's).
i think they will just wait xD
Metro
lolololololololol
Musty
i hope i will have the last slot of France Team.. *.* a "tournament" will be played for choose the guy who will participate :w:
atm, we don't know the fullFrance team, and the one now is "temporary". *.*
Reisen Udongein
:3.. have fun guys
Rey Fullbuster

fartownik wrote:

why don't you recruit Sakura Hana as a new Tournament staff? :)
KRZY

r3yn41d0 wrote:

fartownik wrote:

made my day
Kuroi Mato
Country name:Hungary
Captain: Kuroi Mato
Player1: tasli
Player2: Kozuki Kallen
Player3: Higurush
---------------------------------
Back-up Player 1: TaylorXIII
Time zone: gmt+1

Edited Higurush name :D
Glass

KRZY wrote:

r3yn41d0 wrote:

made my day
Topic locked huehuehuehue
Galkan

r3yn41d0 wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Propably because farto's not a masochist, mate.
Topic Starter
fartownik
NatsumeRin has been added to the staff as the 2nd main organizer for now.
Rest of the staff will be listed very soon.
theowest
Okay. Sweden is now done.

Sweden

Captain: theowest
Player1: Holmir
Player2: Hanyuu-chan
Player3: Gyuunyu
Back-up Player1: <strong>m4w11</strong>
Back-up Player2: failboat

Time-Zone: GMT+1

:D
Topic Starter
fartownik
Poland
Captain: fartownik
Player1: White Wolf
Player2: Niko-
Player3: Kubu
Back-up Player1: evol
Back-up Player2
Time zone: GMT+1

Not official outline yet.
Shiro
I won't be able to participate in the owc. >< France will need a second back-up.
We'll see the results of the tournament =p
Metro

fartownik wrote:

Poland
Back-up Player2

dat polando timu is veri kowai! DX
Enna Alouette

Metro wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Poland
Back-up Player2

dat polando timu is veri kowai! DX
Wolfy go go <3~
Mismagius
poland wins <3
Vext_old

fartownik wrote:

the second official osu! World Cup Tournament organized by me and Lunah.

Apricot wrote:

Dat irony!
Topic Starter
fartownik

Vext wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Apricot wrote:

Dat irony!
Already been said who replaces him, just forgotten to edit the post in that place.
mancuso_JM_

Vext wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Apricot wrote:

Dat irony!
Lunah was banned wtf?? :cry:
GladiOol
No shaggon in poland? o_O

OK
Bass
Already polish team is strong.
Topic Starter
fartownik

GladiOol wrote:

OK
No GladiOol in Netherlands? o_O

OKEY
KRZY

fartownik wrote:

Poland
Back-up Player2

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
maal

fartownik wrote:

Poland
Back-up Player2

to be honest, i would say that the 'host' can't be able to participate in the world cup. not stating that you're going to cheat, but it just seems unfair.. is this only my opinion?
Metro

Emaal wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Poland
Back-up Player2

to be honest, i would say that the 'host' can't be able to participate in the world cup. not stating that you're going to cheat, but it just seems unfair.. is this only my opinion?
How would he cheat? How would he twist anything? It won't be only him organizing this.

You should be thankful that he's willing to host owc.
maal
again, i didn't say he would cheat, or do anything wrong; but this is the first time, I see a host participate in what he/she is hosting.
mochi

Emaal wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Poland
Back-up Player2

What would make it unfair?
maal
good question, i can't even see it. but i'm just surprised, since it's the first time i see a host participate.
GladiOol

fartownik wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

OK
No GladiOol in Netherlands? o_O

OKEY
I'll probably join~ we're still discussing line-up atm and trying to get some old timers to play more.
Mismagius

Emaal wrote:

again, i didn't say he would cheat, or do anything wrong; but this is the first time, I see a host participate in what he/she is hosting.
Lunah participated in the previous world cup.
KRZY

GladiOol wrote:

I'll probably join~ we're still discussing line-up atm and trying to get some old timers to play more.

Please get glasjuh to play again~
maal

Blue Dragon wrote:

Emaal wrote:

Lunah participated in the previous world cup.
rebels ftw.
Topic Starter
fartownik
God, you guys seriously have problems with everything.
I don't choose maps for the tournament, I record the group drawing, I don't favor my country because I'm not even able to.
GladiOol

fartownik wrote:

God, you guys seriously have problems with everything.
I don't choose maps for the tournament, I record the group drawing, I don't favor my country because I'm not even able to.
Just because they question stuff doesn't mean they make problems out of it.

KRZY wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

Please get glasjuh to play again~
Guess what we are trying to haha~ we have to get lesjuh back on ze tablet \:D/
show more