forum

The osu!monthly #6

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jjrocks
After a break from working on the osu!monthly, we’re back with the osu!monthly #6! We apologize for the delay, but we wanted to ensure that the edition met our standards before releasing it to the public. You can read the higher quality version or the lower quality version hosted by Google Docs.

In this issue we have:
  1. Interviews with Lybydose and a new BAT
  2. Our third installment of Storyboarding by Scripting
  3. A new caption contest
  4. And so much more
So, please review our edition so we can further improve the quality!

View the osu!monthly #6 in high-res (5.59 mb)
View the osu!monthly #6 in low-res
Omega
Oh, nice going!
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Finally.
Corin
AWWW YEAHHHHHHHG
Mara
Oh cool.
Omega
Okay, where are the rants? I expect at least three people to have some.
Colin Hou
thx for another monthly
Topic Starter
jjrocks
For those who want to download it use this link: http://puu.sh/7EyB
Daru
<3
Cheer-no

Daru wrote:

<3
Dai
ah finally
Vext_old
Yep.
-BaNaNa
finally *.*
-----
as great as always~
Luna
Urk, that crossword...
A few hints are really simple, but I guess I'm in for some serious headaches if I want to figure out the rest. Got like 7 words that I'm pretty sure about but everything else will be a nightmare to work out. Oh well, here we go~
Natteke
Finally.
Pereira006
Yes ! :)
deadbeat
looking forward to reading that article about lybydose :o
also nice cover page \:D/
Galkan
Took a long enough :o
/me drinks tea and starts reading
Natteke
Damn you, natteke.png!!!
Good issue though, I liked it.
Bittersweet
Next time make links opening in a new tab, thanks x3
Backfire
Christ. Finally.
Cyclohexane
I'm so relieved we're finally done with it.
I hope you guys enjoy it.
Elly-chan
it's nice <3
bomber34
Wow the first Issue i read completly :D
( to be honest it is the 2nd Issue I even looked at ^^ )

I liked the design very much :D
even though my Eyes strained through the white text on the "dark" background :D

I think the topics were very interesting
:D
But I think Storyboarding is nothing for me :-/

I can't wait for the next Issue of Osu!monthly :3
MoodyRPG
Yay !
Soly
I appreciate the work you guys put into these. Interesting reads! :)
Firo Prochainezo
Oh, good job.
LuigiHann
I'm offended that the "History of Taiko" article doesn't enumerate my pivotal historical role in its introduction. Not trying to brag or anything but I feel like it's worth noting from a historical perspective.

I hope you've all learned something today
Hanyuu
It is great as allways
yeahyeahyeahhh

LuigiHann wrote:

I'm offended that the "History of Taiko" article doesn't enumerate my pivotal historical role in its introduction. Not trying to brag or anything but I feel like it's worth noting from a historical perspective.

I really didn't :|
Faust
I personally thought that the caption contest was quite a letdown, and that honorable mention is crap.
Quaraezha
So why did Pippi stopped using her mouse and tablet to spin Spinners
and decided to take Ballet Lessons?

Cyclohexane

Faust wrote:

I personally thought that the caption contest was quite a letdown, and that honorable mention is crap.
Would've we had more entries, it certainly would've been more interesting. v_v
aquabluu

LuigiHann wrote:

I was actually surprised you weren't wtf
YGOkid8
SPOILER

Quaraezha wrote:

still the true winner

Quaraezha wrote:

again Quaraezha has ruined everyone else's chance at winning eff you man you're too good at this :U
Quaraezha
Ballet Puns were impossible to come up with.
But I had to do it, other than to keep us all on our toes.
Backfire
@Luigihann - Some things were cut out and downright undiscussed. I guess we all kind of forgot about you. I really do apologize man.i just didnt have my mind on the skin, it was more on everything else.

Sorry for double posting, but anyways, I guess I did indirectly mention you when it was said that they made it a mod. Hell I didnt say anything about who made it, at least as far as I remember.
TBTE
I lol'd at the Vext Comment and shit.

I'm big shit these parts
Also I hate Bad Apple.

Also why did she get banned, why did jj not flip out by have even a mention of "TBTE" in the magazine, and that flew by peppy?

I'm amazed.
Backfire
Because JJ hates you. And so does peppy.

Nah im just kidding bro.
Vext_old

Faust wrote:

I personally thought that the caption contest was quite a letdown
I actually like it, I think Kirby did quite well.

Faust wrote:

that honorable mention is crap.
It was unanimous by the team and made every one of us crack up. Comedy doesn't always have to make sense, it just has to be entertaining.

TBTE wrote:

why did jj not flip out by have even a mention of "TBTE" in the magazine.
'Cause I do what I want. Also he secretly loves you.

Also I think the pepster conspired to release the new look just in time for this so that the design would be different and not match the comic.
Faust

Vext wrote:

Faust wrote:

that honorable mention is crap.
It was unanimous by the team and made every one of us crack up. Comedy doesn't always have to make sense, it just has to be entertaining.
I find that a little hard to believe.

Unless you were all laughing at how pathetic it was..

I look forward to the next issue nevertheless. I did like the comic, it was a vast improvement from the previous. I didn't quite get the whole TBTE flip-kicking everywhere though, I was kind of lost at some points.

Also Pippi's look is much, much preferred. Keep it that way !
Vext_old

Faust wrote:

I look forward to the next issue nevertheless. I did like the comic, it was a vast improvement from the previous. I didn't quite get the whole TBTE flip-kicking everywhere though, I was kind of lost at some points.
Yes, the full joke was incredibly difficult to do with such a small amount of space. The next one will have a superior layout+style, as will the caption (if done by me anyway, I can't guarantee anything on someone else's work.)

For anyone that is confused, Pippi invites TBTE over to see her new 3D monitor. TBTE Tells her to play Bad Apple, to which the monitor instead makes it actually there rather than appear like it's there. TBTE gets pelted to death by the Bad Apple map as Pippi grabs her gun to shoot at everything, resulting in her playing the map by shooting the circles. TBTE dies but Pippi decides to play some more and plays Banned Forever, which ends up becoming real as with Bad Apple and results in her being banned forever.
Topic Starter
jjrocks
Corrections:

LuigiHann wrote:

^^; Honestly I feel ashamed that we forgot you during this. Originally the article was supposed to be Taiko's Importance to osu! but we changed it at the last minute because of the content. While that is no excuse to not add you at least you have a bit of insight on why the error occurred

Also, I added the link to the review just in case you want to review it

Alright, response time:

Quaraezha wrote:

Oh god Quara I love you.

Faust wrote:

Vext wrote:

I find that a little hard to believe.

Unless you were all laughing at how pathetic it was..

Also Pippi's look is much, much preferred. Keep it that way !
It was more of a case that "It was so bad that it was good". Originally during the meeting as we sat down for it we had some in mind for what was good and what was bad based on the comments we put before the meeting. It was going to follow a 1st 2nd 3rd template but the team liked the quote a lot. We knew it was awful but there was a certain....charm of the caption that made us all giggle inside ("so bad it's good"). When we judge the second caption contest I'll make sure to record it so you can understand the teams thought process (If the majority of the team agrees with this).

And finally, thank you for the comments everyone (both good and bad) remember that we are open to questions of any kind.
Zekira

LuigiHann wrote:

...big fail on my part too...

Sorry :<
Backfire

Zekira wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

...big fail on my part too...

Sorry :<
T_T Well we both screwed up, lol.
It should be cool though!
I really do appreciate your importance, Luigihann, and im frankly embarassed. ;~;
MMzz
>Taiko article was also wrote by someone who has not been playing that long/wasn't around in the old days.
ilubackfire
Backfire
I got zekira to help me, mitten. Plus, im the only person involved in taiko besides yuna, who is afk.
artpiggo
If there isn't Vext's post about that comic, I may not be able to understand it forever, too. = =.
naira-chan
:< I can't read it..
HQ's lagging my comp while LQ's not good for my eyes Dx
show more