forum

[Rules Group]Spread-Connected Rules

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
Not all, as the others are being discussed

Difficulties of a mapset must be in a consecutive order. Making three hard/insane difficulties and throwing an easy or normal in is unacceptable and won't get your map ranked. Therefore, difficulties must be in a consecutive order such as Easy-Normal-Hard or Normal-Hard-Insane. A gap in difficulties (e.g. Easy-Normal-Insane) will not be allowed.
I don't get this, disallowing Easy - Normal - Insane Spread and Easy - Hard - Insane is something that can be said as a rules, and is MUCH MUCH Nosense.
Yeah, about the spread, but one difficulty for newbies(Easy), one for intermediate(Normal or Hard) and one for experienced players(Hard or Insane) isn't allowable?

Catch the Beat-specific difficulties are not allowed due to the fact that osu!standard difficulties convert to Catch the Beat difficulties well enough without specific difficulties having to be created. However, feel free to include an external link to any Catch the Beat difficulties in your mapthread.
I don't get the reason. So I want a reasonably good reason to disallow people mapping them and including them in a map pack.

Each difficulty must be able to be played by a single player. Thus, Multiplayer TAG-specific difficulties are not allowed since multiple people are required to play them. However, like CtB-specific difficulties, you may add an external link to a TAG difficulty in your map thread.
yeah, this is derived by multiple derping over time, when TAG difficulty are actually Approved, and doesn't count in Ranked score. Much connected with the Approved-must-follow-the-same-rules-as-ranked Nosense Rule. I too want a reasonably good reason for this.

You must fully map at least one difficulty of a mapset if you are the person who is uploading it. For collaborated beatmap sets, the uploader must be a part of every difficulty. Also, no guest mapper should have more content in the mapset than the creator. It makes no sense to upload a map if you barely contributed to it.
This is "basically" disalllowing collaboration by 2 or more mappers for one map.
Just
You must fully map at least one difficulty of a mapset if you are the person who is uploading it. For collaborated beatmap sets, the uploader must be a part of every difficulty. Also,No guest mapper should have more content in the mapset than the creator. It makes no sense to upload a map if you barely contributed to it.
and we can call it fix'd
Mashiro Mito

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

Not all, as the others are being discussed

Difficulties of a mapset must be in a consecutive order. Making three hard/insane difficulties and throwing an easy or normal in is unacceptable and won't get your map ranked. Therefore, difficulties must be in a consecutive order such as Easy-Normal-Hard or Normal-Hard-Insane. A gap in difficulties (e.g. Easy-Normal-Insane) will not be allowed.
I don't get this, disallowing Easy - Normal - Insane Spread and Easy - Hard - Insane is something that can be said as a rules, and is MUCH MUCH Nosense.
Yeah, about the spread, but one difficulty for newbies(Easy), one for intermediate(Normal or Hard) and one for experienced players(Hard or Insane) isn't allowable?
I believe that there is a good amount of gap between easy and hard, since, some hard diff are sometimes considered as insane diff. So player in between might find it too difficult.
Of course, hard can also be "Normal".

The hard diff plays an important transitional role. Hard diff fix the gap between normal and insane.
I cannot say the same for easy and normal, since some easy felt like normal, but not the other way around. :|

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

Catch the Beat-specific difficulties are not allowed due to the fact that osu!standard difficulties convert to Catch the Beat difficulties well enough without specific difficulties having to be created. However, feel free to include an external link to any Catch the Beat difficulties in your mapthread.
I don't get the reason. So I want a reasonably good reason to disallow people mapping them and including them in a map pack.
I think this is an comparison to taiko diff, since taiko sometimes are hard or irrelevant when converting from osu. Since CTB is all about positioning,
So the jumps in the osu diff can be converted to ctb without any problems at all.
Since Osu is a music rhythm game, ctb diff can even be created without any beats associated to the music at all. To keep it reverent to rhythm, I think that is why there should not be a added to the map set.(Although it wouldn't hurt to rank it for ctb)

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

Each difficulty must be able to be played by a single player. Thus, Multiplayer TAG-specific difficulties are not allowed since multiple people are required to play them. However, like CtB-specific difficulties, you may add an external link to a TAG difficulty in your map thread.
yeah, this is derived by multiple derping over time, when TAG difficulty are actually Approved, and doesn't count in Ranked score. Much connected with the Approved-must-follow-the-same-rules-as-ranked Nosense Rule. I too want a reasonably good reason for this.
Tag diff are meant for tags, and tag mode in multi-player does not count towards your score. therefore there is not point ranking or approving it what so ever.
yeah, I think that is the reason. but I really hates how they have this "external link" as the rule. people won't even know if they existed if you are a supporter and just download maps in game. NOT A GOOD IDEA PUTTING IT AS EXTERNAL LINKS. I still think it should still be kept in a map-set.
I really don't know why the wonderful coop mode is so unpopular. maybe there is no rank for terms I guess... It would be a lot fun if there is term ranking LOL.

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

You must fully map at least one difficulty of a mapset if you are the person who is uploading it. For collaborated beatmap sets, the uploader must be a part of every difficulty. Also, no guest mapper should have more content in the mapset than the creator. It makes no sense to upload a map if you barely contributed to it.
This is "basically" disalllowing collaboration by 2 or more mappers for one map.
Just
You must fully map at least one difficulty of a mapset if you are the person who is uploading it. For collaborated beatmap sets, the uploader must be a part of every difficulty. Also,No guest mapper should have more content in the mapset than the creator. It makes no sense to upload a map if you barely contributed to it.
and we can call it fix'd
for some reason... I think
makes more sense to me
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
1st Response)
It's about ability level,
Easy - Normal are "Beginner"-level
Normal-Hard are " Intermediate"-level
Hard-Insane are "Expert" level.
It's actually nosense to don't accept E N I and E H I, plus and more, i won't think people will so something like E - H - I - I, it those case you can be bound to make another N difficulty.
E H I isn't a Bad Spread.
E I is a bad Spread
E N I I isn't a bad Spread
E H I I is a bad Spread

those are just examples.
2nd Response)
Well, the conversion from Standard to CtB is even worsier than the one from Standard to Taiko.
Taiko is hitsound based, and hitsound doesn't destroy playability that much.
CtB is placement based (even if x-only), and trying to do a good CtB, make you make an Horrible Standard.

3rd)Well, Approved map are "actually" played. Differently no one control Graveyard and OPs (or better, they "rarely" control it). Plus even being meant for Multiplayer, meant it CAN be Approved, but not ranked. Approved, if the approved-should-follow-as-ranked wuill be a NOSENSE category, reducing its utuility by more than you think.

4th) A better reading is hell better.
Actually, the "guest mapper can't work more than the submitter" is better, as it actually permit collab/mixed map. Examples:

Mapper A, B, C
Mapper A, B collab 3 diffs, Mapper C do one diff.
Who worked more? Mapper A or B. Who submit? Mapper A or B.
Following the part you highlighted will make Mapper C, who did less, submit the mapset
Mashiro Mito
About the levels, if you put it that way, Normal and Hard should be necessary, since they are the most hard to define levels.
it is the only way to distinguish those two if they are both in one song.

I don't play CtB that much so I really can't say too much about it. I think the movement has nothing to do with beats feedback... so... :|

Actually I agree with you on the approve part for Tag. approving won't hurt. but getting a mod or bat for approval is going to be hard...
and the rule about :approve map should follow ranked rule".. :|

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

4th) A better reading is hell better.
Actually, the "guest mapper can't work more than the submitter" is better, as it actually permit collab/mixed map. Examples:

Mapper A, B, C
Mapper A, B collab 3 diffs, Mapper C do one diff.
Who worked more? Mapper A or B. Who submit? Mapper A or B.
Following the part you highlighted will make Mapper C, who did less, submit the mapset
the uploader must be a part of every difficulty.
If Mapper C submit the map, he has to be a part of every difficulty.
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
It actually depends on the mapper. I don't see Easy and Normals hard to define ( well, it's more about the song than me ).

Plus, in that case no mapper could upload the diff, That's exactly the nosense thing i said.
The part i highlighted say you should simply not work less than guests ( not working less means working equally or more, by Math meaning XD ), that's better that you should map one diff, or you should be in all collabs
lepidopodus
Range of Intermediate-leveled players are quite wider than you think. They tend to stuck somewhere in middle of normal to insane, since we don't have suitable map for them that much.(mappers tend to put jumps or some patterns need some kind of techniques quite radically in Hard, which makes them more closer to insane, while they tend to put much less jumps, or even no such patterns in Normal, so there's quite large gap. In addition, lots of mappers just skip making Hard :P) I don't think this rule is that insufficient, though might need to make it loose a bit.

CTB diffs, huh. Even CTB players are not interested on that, there was an effort to gather them to make CTB maps ranked, but only mappers who are non-CTB players were gathered and discussed about it, while CTB players only left the comment like 'support~'. If they can proove that the CTB diffs are superioir to play, it can be allowed but accumulated result was quite disappointing.
Shiirn
lepidon, the problem is that ctb players most of the time are not native english speakers or are not as into it, so most of the time they can't formulate a big list of how it works or how things play. (the long and short of it is, the players either don't care enough to make an effort for it, or can't speak english well enough)

And i agree with what you say about Hards - they very rarely fit "between normal and insane" and tend to edge far more on either end.
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
Well, in the case of E - H - I, Hard should Tend to Normal (so easy streams, an small jumps... but small). Differently, the E - N - I, The Normal better be a Normal+
Sakura
As stated before, dont make threads to discuss multiple rules.