forum

Imagine Dragons - Believer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SawySavvy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on den 5 mars 2021 at 16:18:06

Artist: Imagine Dragons
Title: Believer
BPM: 125
Filesize: 5173kb
Play Time: 03:18
Difficulties Available:
  1. Faith (5,47 stars, 625 notes)
  2. Hope (4,45 stars, 599 notes)
  3. Tust Normal (3,21 stars, 165 notes)
Download: Imagine Dragons - Believer
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Having some fun with distance changes!
Full mp3 mapped today! Woho (16/10/2017)

Looking for mods now :)

Faith - Done
Hope - Done
Trust normal - WIP
CABERMAN
This is the first time I'm modding a map, i might be wrong i might be right, up to you if u wanna follow what i say

Mod for Faith difficulty:
These jumps/Fast beats at:
00:01:871 (1) -
00:03:791 (1) -
00:05:711 (1) -
00:11:471 (1) -
00:13:391 (1) -
00:17:231 (1) -
00:19:151 (1) -
00:21:071 (1) -
I suggest you make them in a square formation, i also used distance snap but its up to you if you wanna do it without distance snap
it adds a bit of gimmick into the map and makes the jumps look less random
Now at the part where he says "Second Thing..."
You can make the jumps in a triangle shape, i didn't use distance snap on this one
just like the one in:

00:24:911 (1) -
Now at:
00:31:151 (1) -
There are still a few jumps before he starts singing fast,
try to make a single pattern that all the other jumps can follow before he starts rapping at :

00:38:511 (2) -
You can also do variation of jumps at the chorus but don't change the pattern too much,
this might help in the flow of your map.
00:56:431 (3) - try starting with triangles on these jumps
01:04:111 (3) - then go with star patterns

02:49:551 (1) - I suggest to begin the stream there where the sound can be heard easily

Also why not change the AR for this difficulty to ar10 or 9.5, it suits the maps intensity

That's all i can help you at for now >.>
YoWuzUp
Here we go, This is gonna be something, all right.

mod
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General

Firstly, it's "Imagine Dragons" not "Imaginary dragons"

Tust Normal

Approach Rate should be between 4 and 6.
Overall Difficulty and HP Drain Rate should be between 3 and 5.

Rename difficulty to just "Trust" it makes more sense, looking at the other difficulty names.

Make Stack Leniency 8, it's currently at 7.

Hope

Overall Difficulty should be between 7 and 9.
I think Circle Size should be 4

Faith

I think Circle Size should be 4.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That'll be it for now, I'll come back with an actual mod concerning your mapping some other time.
Topic Starter
SawySavvy

YO_WUZ_UP wrote:

Here we go, This is gonna be something, all right.

[box=mod]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General

Firstly, it's "Imagine Dragons" not "Imaginary dragons"

Tust Normal

Approach Rate should be between 4 and 6.
Overall Difficulty and HP Drain Rate should be between 3 and 5.

Rename difficulty to just "Trust" it makes more sense, looking at the other difficulty names.

Make Stack Leniency 8, it's currently at 7.

Hope

Overall Difficulty should be between 7 and 9.
I think Circle Size should be 4

Faith

I think Circle Size should be 4.

That'll be it for now, I'll come back with an actual mod concerning your mapping some other time.
[/box]

Looking forward to it!

Keep in mind that the ''Trust normal'' is by no means done yet. As such, it's NOT ready for mods quite yet.
Faith and Hope however, are ready.
YoWuzUp
I'm kinda waiting for you to make the changes i mentioned before modding the map itself :/
Topic Starter
SawySavvy

YO_WUZ_UP wrote:

I'm kinda waiting for you to make the changes i mentioned before modding the map itself :/
Ah.

The OD can be changed.
The circle size will remain as 3. It's a core part of the theme. I've explored with cs4 back when i just started mapping it and it just felt wrong.
Going over to cs3 made it ''feel right''. Might lack deeper logics, but i'm sticking to it.

OD wont change THAT much at all.

And as i mentioned.
Trust normal is not ready yet, and i keep it higher AR while mapping so i can explore/testplay myself comfy on AR9 (I get a better feeling myself then)

If you really want me to change the OD before you can mod, i could? But i question how it would effect a mod.
YoWuzUp

SawySavvy wrote:

OD wont change THAT much at all.

If you really want me to change the OD before you can mod, i could? But i question how it would effect a mod.
Well, I don't know if you've seen the ranking criteria/guidelines page, but it has things like what hp, ar, and od needs to be. I just grabbed stuff about changing those from that page. Anyway, sorry I haven't done the mod yet, I'm planning on doing it when I get home today.
YoWuzUp
ok, here it is
mod
Since this is a 125 bpm song, with 4 and 5 star difficulties, I'll be treating those difficulties as if they are alternating maps, since most at this bpm are.

p------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------q
So Regarding Hope,
First of all, can you go back through and use reasonable combo separation? (No offence, but it's kinda bad)

There's a lot of use of sounds. In my opinion, the map sounds just as good without all the hit-sounds, so maybe you could get rid off all them?
If not, then please do the following:

(For all the ones that are "Take the Finish Sound off of (X), and either put it on (X-1), (X+2), or (X-1) and (X+2)." What I want is, whatever you do for one of them, you do the same for all of them.)

00:01:871 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4).
00:03:791 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4).
00:04:751 (1) - Remove the finish sound from this slider.
00:05:711 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4).
00:08:111 (1) - Take the clap sound off of the reverse arrow.
00:09:551 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4). (When I say (4) here, I only want it on the slider head, not on the whole slider.)
00:11:471 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4).
00:13:391 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4). (When I say (4) here, I only want it on the slider head, not on the whole slider.)
00:15:791 (1) - Remove clap sound from whole slider.
00:17:231 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4).
00:19:631 (4) - Remove clap sound from whole slider.
00:19:151 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4). (When I say (4) here, I only want it on the slider head, not on the whole slider.)
00:20:591 (1) - Remove finish sound.
00:21:071 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4).
00:23:471 (1) - Take the clap sound off of the reverse arrow.
00:24:911 (2,3,4,5) - Take the Finish Sound off of (3), and either put it on (2), (5), or (2) and (5). (When I say (5) here, I only want it on the slider head, not on the whole slider.)
00:26:831 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4).
00:28:271 (1) - Remove finish sound.
00:29:231 (5) - Remove clap sound from whole slider.
00:28:751 (2,3,4,5) - Take the Finish Sound off of (3), and either put it on (2), (5), or (2) and (5). (When I say (5) here, I only want it on the slider head, not on the whole slider.)
00:32:591 (2,3,4,5) - Take the Finish Sound off of (3), and either put it on (2), (5), or (2) and (5).
00:33:551 (1) - Remove finish sound.
00:34:991 (4) - Remove clap sound from whole slider.
00:34:511 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4). (When I say (4) here, I only want it on the slider head, not on the whole slider.)
00:36:431 (1,2,3,4) - Take the Finish Sound off of (2), and either put it on (1), (4), or (1) and (4).

00:39:791 (4) - Add clap sound to whole slider
00:42:671 (4) - ^
00:43:631 (4) - ^
00:46:191 (2) - Remove this random whistle sound.

Really Quickly, I would have had a slider here 00:41:711 (1,2,3) instead of 3 circles. (Give that slider a clap sound too.)

From 00:38:351 - to 00:53:231 - I feel like every slider should also have finish sounds, along with clap sounds. Meanwhile, every normal circle shouldn't have any hit-sounds.

I don't feel like doing too much more specifics from this point on, just repeat this advice throughout, also, too much sound effect use during the chorus as well, keep that in mind.

b------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------d

Oh, and I would also do most of the same stuff for Faith too.

Okay, so I really didn't do almost anything regarding specific mapping things yet, but I'll do it some other time...
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.