forum

R.S.I.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer
Do stop tap for a while stop the hurt on top of hand or i will have to get used to it? The hurt stress me hard but isn't nothing i can't handle.
Sandy Hoey
Pain is bad, sore is okay. If taking a break doesnt relieve the pain, go to a doctor

All the time you spend here, you think you would know this
abraker
Aegyo
Pls enjoy game
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Aegyo wrote:

Pls enjoy game
Also play more? Wtf.
Now seriously. It's hard to enjoy the game when you got R.S.I. and C.T.S.
And more when what you enjoy it's tap high bpm triples, burst and streams.
I read CTS get better just by stop playing. But no idea if i will get full recovered from it. 5 Days and don't seems it's going to improve... I feel the arm shoulder and elbow like some one put 20kg on top of each.
About R.S.I. idc since i can't use the hand to play due to C.T.S so i don't feel any hurt.
7ambda

Aegyo wrote:

Pls enjoy game
Low effort? ✔️

Overused meme? ✔️

Not helpful? ✔️
dung eater
Eat well, do regular physical exetcise. Sleep enough. Try googling what foods or other things reduce or incresse inflammation. I'd try to not make it worse. If you keep doing what you did before it might get worse and make you unable to things instead of just being a bother.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Aegyo wrote:

I too enjoy victimizing myself and using pointless examples. Playing osu is optional. Quit being an addict and find something more productive to do with your life LOL
Victimizing what? I just wanted to know if someone else who had this problem could give me a hand with advices what worked for them on same situation. Not for a kid who dosn't even cum come to tell me stupid no sense things. Like you do on each post.

Addict to what? I played a 2* song since i get this problem and using M1 M2 instead keyboard. I have a job, finished my studies and I'm enjoying my vacations since in my job i work for several time in a row and after finish i have also several time to rest in a row. And btw what i do or don't with my life and my free time it's my thing. Not yours. So stfu and tell your father to show you how to have education with people what you don't know if you don't want to one day someone use a stick as your teeth exhibitor.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

bla wrote:

Eat well, do regular physical exetcise. Sleep enough. Try googling what foods or other things reduce or incresse inflammation. I'd try to not make it worse. If you keep doing what you did before it might get worse and make you unable to things instead of just being a bother.
I was doing some sport today and feel better in general. I'll keep with it.
You seem to know about this. From what i read, i should get better just by stop tapping, hope it's true.
Faye

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Do stop tap for a while stop the hurt on top of hand or i will have to get used to it? The hurt stress me hard but isn't nothing i can't handle.
Since it's a physical injury, you should try to keep your body physically healthy and refrain from injuring yourself further.
Osu! is a fun game, but everything should be in moderation.
Worst case scenario, go see your GP (or whatever the acronym for a doctor is in your country)

Most of the important stuff was said by bla; ignore what the other neglectful people in the chat 'added' to the thread.
Sometimes you gotta weed through the trash to get decent info around here.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Faye wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Since it's a physical injury, you should try to keep your body physically healthy and refrain from injuring yourself further.
Osu! is a fun game, but everything should be in moderation.
Worst case scenario, go see your GP (or whatever the acronym for a doctor is in your country)

Most of the important stuff was said by bla; ignore what the other neglectful people in the chat 'added' to the thread.
Sometimes you gotta weed through the trash to get decent info around here.
I'll wait one week and see if i improve. If don't I'll go to my doctor.
Pachiru
Would it be possible to discuss calmly?
Saten
no need to be aggressive

let's be serious in here
NightNarumi
True, lets keep it serious
If you experience pain that doesnt let up after some while you should see a doctor just in case.
I'll sometimes also feel pain after playing for more than half a hour (just started std) and I'll try to play a bit more moderate when I feel pain.
I got way less pain after playing for a while and getting used to it.
Other than that, dont forget to take breaks once in a while.
Jun Maeda
Play more, Practice, eat potatoes and u will git gud
KupcaH

iSlodinx wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

Low effort? ✔️

Overused meme? ✔️

Not helpful? ✔️
Kondou-Shinichi
I mean if you're not playing 10 hours a day youre not getting rsi
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

Probably around there. Some days less, somedays more.
Was taking 2-3 days break when feel really tired.
This last time i just exced what my muscles could hold, and without even notice. I played +250bpm full stream maps for around 2 hours without breaks. Thank's of god i stopped because was dinner time. I wasn't tired or feeling my muscles doing a bit efford even i didn't notice when i stop.
6 Hours late i back to play and when i start a song, i start feel R.S.I. hurt on top of my hand. I stop play after 5 minutes feeling high stress due the weird sensation. Wasn't hurting so bad. Next day my hand, center of palm, elbow, arm, shoulder and neck was hurting so bad and a feeling a werid sensation on my muscles like they was with 20kg on top of each. Next couple days i also started feeling that sensation at top of right hand, top of feets and top of knees.
Right now i still feeling it but less instense on the neck and on top of right arm. But seems isn't going to get better in next days. Maybe just a little better. I don't know.
I'm trying to be really relaxed and don't think a lot about it. Hope that make me get way better in next weeks.
Don't seem it's going to get suddently worst or better, so I'm waiting a week or 2 to see if i start feel better. If not, or it gets a little worst i'll go to my doctor.
autoteleology

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

You can very easily get RSI by trying to play above your skill set frequently, because it causes you to mash, and mashing will hurt your wrist.
Kondou-Shinichi

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

Probably around there. Some days less, somedays more.
Was taking 2-3 days break when feel really tired.
This last time i just exced what my muscles could hold, and without even notice. I played +250bpm full stream maps for around 2 hours without breaks. Thank's of god i stopped because was dinner time. I wasn't tired or feeling my muscles doing a bit efford even i didn't notice when i stop.
6 Hours late i back to play and when i start a song, i start feel R.S.I. hurt on top of my hand. I stop play after 5 minutes feeling high stress due the weird sensation. Wasn't hurting so bad. Next day my hand, center of palm, elbow, arm, shoulder and neck was hurting so bad and a feeling a werid sensation on my muscles like they was with 20kg on top of each. Next couple days i also started feeling that sensation at top of right hand, top of feets and top of knees.
Right now i still feeling it but less instense on the neck and on top of right arm. But seems isn't going to get better in next days. Maybe just a little better. I don't know.
I'm trying to be really relaxed and don't think a lot about it. Hope that make me get way better in next weeks.
Don't seem it's going to get suddently worst or better, so I'm waiting a week or 2 to see if i start feel better. If not, or it gets a little worst i'll go to my doctor.
try to play 250bpm maps relaxingly dude
I did have a multi match where i played like 3 hours of 240+ up to 280bpm stream maps without break too, and not only did i not feel any pain but i also improved my stream speed by much next day

Philosofikal wrote:

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

You can very easily get RSI by trying to play above your skill set frequently, because it causes you to mash, and mashing will hurt your wrist.
I don't think it would cause you mashing....

I think the term RSI is getting more overused and more overused to a point it seems like small arm pain feel like rsi
Jun Maeda

KupcaH wrote:

iSlodinx wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

Low effort? ✔️

Overused meme? ✔️

Not helpful? ✔️
Faye
I think the term RSI is getting more overused and more overused to a point it seems like small arm pain feel like rsi
Yeah, RSI is quite a serious condition that people just assume they have - kinda like OCD.
I mean, it CAN be attributed to smaller injuries, but yeah - I agree with it being overused
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Faye wrote:

Yeah, RSI is quite a serious condition that people just assume they have - kinda like OCD.
I mean, it CAN be attributed to smaller injuries, but yeah - I agree with it being overused
Smaller injuries don't affect your feets nerves/muscles using a keyboard.