forum

Keiichi Okabe (MONACA) - Song of the Ancients - Atonement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RockmanAxl
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 9:29:13 PM

Artist: Keiichi Okabe (MONACA)
Title: Song of the Ancients - Atonement
Source: NieR:Automata
Tags: nier automata
BPM: 127.9
Filesize: 5090kb
Play Time: 02:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.48 stars, 117 notes)
  2. Hard (3.43 stars, 341 notes)
  3. Normal (1.9 stars, 188 notes)
Download: Keiichi Okabe (MONACA) - Song of the Ancients - Atonement
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Glory to Mankind!

All difficulties finished.
Amateur mapper here, any feedbacks are welcomed!

Available Difficulties:
-Easy
-Normal
-Hard

Changelog :
========
Update#1 :
- [Easy] Updated (Reduced slider velocity)
- [Normal] Updated (Fixed DS and some sliders)
- bg updated to another higher quality image.
- comboburst-2 removed
terratropic
since you're a relatively new mapper I'll just focus on the technical parts of the map so this will be kinda short.

General
  1. i'm pretty sure white combo colour makes your map unrankable, but you might want to check with others first

Hard
  1. ar 7 is to low for the highest difficulty, i would raise to ~8
  2. i dont really wanna get into slider shapes, but i feel the same ones are reused here too often, esp. the long ones. you used straight sliders and anchor points in the other diffs, so what stopping you from having a few here?
  3. 00:09:893 - for the intro part. i think it is better if you filled this gap for consistency. likewise with 00:11:770 -
  4. 00:15:757 (5) - break doesnt seem right here since this part sounds no different from the rest of the intro
  5. 00:49:534 (1) - i think you could drag this spinner further to 00:52:818 - so it stops with the vocals. you'll need to do it for all diffs, so it might not be worth fixing
  6. 01:20:965 (7,8) - these shouldnt be stacked imo, it would trick first time players
  7. 01:52:395 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this stream is just plain mean, i would even out the spacing here
  8. 01:28:001 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2,3) - i feel this whole segment is disorienting, having so much empty space right after the stream. and theres plenty of areas to throw in streams so it's weird to just have them at select points.
  9. 01:58:025 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2,3) - again, see my above comment

Normal(?)
  1. map is missing a diff name
  2. 00:52:348 (1,2) - these should be taken out since there aren't any notes here in the other diffs

Easy
  1. slider velocity needs to be lower than the normal diff. which means you're might have to remap the whole thing again. feel free to correct me if i am wrong however.

honestly for an amateur map this is pretty good, not much wrong with it technically. keep up the hard work and gl.
Hectic
hi, nm from my queue

1. set diff name for your normal
  2. bg is 640x480, quality is way too bad, try finding better resolution (but tbh it doesn't really fit the music, it sounds more like battle stuff, not two cute grills)
  3. comboburst-2.png.. lets just say that it doesn't really fit. would be better if you just left 0 and 1
  4. delete commas and "game" from tags. tags are separated automatically and "video game" is the jenre which is set when map gets qualified
  5. couldn't find anything about combo colours, but i'm sure that you shouldn't use too bright or too dark colours
easy:
  1. 00:08:252 (1,2,3,4) - you made perfect symmetry with (1) and (2), but (3) and (4) seem like they were placed randomly, only thing that they have in common - mirrored shape. would be better if you placed them with more meaning, not just anywhere
  2. 00:15:757 - honestly this place doesn't feel like a break
  3. 00:19:510 (1) - if you decided to place spinner here, i suggest to start it at 00:21:387 - because this place seem like more appropriate
  4. i can't see logic behind ncs, seems like you just placed it after each 2/1 gap, its not really cool imo, they should correspond with music somehow, better place it every 2 big white ticks (because each big white tick would be too dense)

Don't know about visuals on this one, it looks really old-style (like 2008-09) and i don't think its intended. blend of strongly curved sliders, 90 degrees angles, usual curves, this 01:23:310 (1) - all of this combined looks really messy for me, i think would be better if you chose one style, sticked to that, and made difficulty out of it, because as it is now it doesn't look very appealing
normal:
  1. go through diff and adjust ds, its broken at some places (00:26:078 (2,3,4) - 1.26x, 00:28:893 (1,2,3) - 1.2x, 00:56:805 (3) - 1.18x and 1.23x for example)
  2. 01:10:879 (1,2) - this blanket could be better
  3. 01:32:692 (2,4) - visual distance between those is a bit bleh, i mean they almost touch, which is not good considering that you make small gaps between objects at most places
Hope i helped somehow, good luck!
Topic Starter
RockmanAxl

terratropic wrote:

since you're a relatively new mapper I'll just focus on the technical parts of the map so this will be kinda short.

General
  1. i'm pretty sure white combo colour makes your map unrankable, but you might want to check with others first Ok, new colours are chosen

Hard
  1. ar 7 is to low for the highest difficulty, i would raise to ~8 Ok, ar changed to 8
  2. i dont really wanna get into slider shapes, but i feel the same ones are reused here too often, esp. the long ones. you used straight sliders and anchor points in the other diffs, so what stopping you from having a few here? Ikr :lol: , I will try to come up with something but I'm not really creative...
  3. 00:09:893 - for the intro part. i think it is better if you filled this gap for consistency. likewise with 00:11:770 - ok
  4. 00:15:757 (5) - break doesnt seem right here since this part sounds no different from the rest of the intro ok
  5. 00:49:534 (1) - i think you could drag this spinner further to 00:52:818 - so it stops with the vocals. you'll need to do it for all diffs, so it might not be worth fixing ok,fixed
  6. 01:20:965 (7,8) - these shouldnt be stacked imo, it would trick first time players ok, maybe I will un-stack 01:19:792 (2,3,5,6) - too
  7. 01:52:395 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this stream is just plain mean, i would even out the spacing here ok
  8. 01:28:001 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2,3) - i feel this whole segment is disorienting, having so much empty space right after the stream. and theres plenty of areas to throw in streams so it's weird to just have them at select points.
  9. 01:58:025 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2,3) - again, see my above comment So jumps after streams are bad? And here I thought it would make the map fun :oops: , I'll see what I can come up with...

Normal(?)
  1. map is missing a diff name I thought I did put one but... :oops:
  2. 00:52:348 (1,2) - these should be taken out since there aren't any notes here in the other diffs Ok, and the spinner that comes before it is extended instead. (As per your suggestion for Hard)

Easy
  1. slider velocity needs to be lower than the normal diff. which means you're might have to remap the whole thing again. feel free to correct me if i am wrong however. Maybe this is why the star rating is abit too high... I'll look into it.

honestly for an amateur map this is pretty good, not much wrong with it technically. keep up the hard work and gl.
Thank you for modding! :) I will try my best :D
Topic Starter
RockmanAxl

h4d0uk3n1 wrote:

hi, nm from my queue

1. set diff name for your normal Fixed
  2. bg is 640x480, quality is way too bad, try finding better resolution (but tbh it doesn't really fit the music, it sounds more like battle stuff, not two cute grills) The song is kinda the grills' theme :) but yes it's from a battle scene, I'll replace the bg if i can find a better one
  3. comboburst-2.png.. lets just say that it doesn't really fit. would be better if you just left 0 and 1 Ok, removed
  4. delete commas and "game" from tags. tags are separated automatically and "video game" is the jenre which is set when map gets qualified Ok
  5. couldn't find anything about combo colours, but i'm sure that you shouldn't use too bright or too dark colours Ok
easy:
  1. 00:08:252 (1,2,3,4) - you made perfect symmetry with (1) and (2), but (3) and (4) seem like they were placed randomly, only thing that they have in common - mirrored shape. would be better if you placed them with more meaning, not just anywhere I was trying to do so but the DS is preventing that, maybe I will just ignore DS for this part...
  2. 00:15:757 - honestly this place doesn't feel like a break Ok
  3. 00:19:510 (1) - if you decided to place spinner here, i suggest to start it at 00:21:387 - because this place seem like more appropriate Ok
  4. i can't see logic behind ncs, seems like you just placed it after each 2/1 gap, its not really cool imo, they should correspond with music somehow, better place it every 2 big white ticks (because each big white tick would be too dense) Ok

Don't know about visuals on this one, it looks really old-style (like 2008-09) and i don't think its intended. blend of strongly curved sliders, 90 degrees angles, usual curves, this 01:23:310 (1) - all of this combined looks really messy for me, i think would be better if you chose one style, sticked to that, and made difficulty out of it, because as it is now it doesn't look very appealing :oops: Ok, I will try to improve on that

normal:
  1. go through diff and adjust ds, its broken at some places (00:26:078 (2,3,4) - 1.26x, 00:28:893 (1,2,3) - 1.2x, 00:56:805 (3) - 1.18x and 1.23x for example) Ok
  2. 01:10:879 (1,2) - this blanket could be better Maybe I shouldn't make it a blanket, the ds is too close for that anyway
  3. 01:32:692 (2,4) - visual distance between those is a bit bleh, i mean they almost touch, which is not good considering that you make small gaps between objects at most places Ok, You have a sharp eye :)
Hope i helped somehow, good luck!
Of course you helped! Thanks!
Hectic

RockmanAxl wrote:

I was trying to do so but the DS is preventing that, maybe I will just ignore DS for this part...
You cannot do such stuff in easy and normal diffs, ds should be consistent for these diffs, just to clarify
Topic Starter
RockmanAxl

h4d0uk3n1 wrote:

You cannot do such stuff in easy and normal diffs, ds should be consistent for these diffs, just to clarify
Alright, got it.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.