forum

Double Tap Problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
One-EyedOwl
I have this problem in osu where I always hit the 2 circle under a double circle too early. I try to control my tapping but my finger just goes down too quick. For some reason this problem doesn't occur when its a circle on a slider. Is this just a mental problem?
KupcaH
Play more low bpm maps.
Genjuro
Do you even listen to the music? If it's just two 1/2 circles and you can't time it correctly you really need to start playing with the beat and not visually.
Wishes
I used to have this problem as well, but mostly with triples, where every single time I would get 1 or 2 100's. I think it's mainly due to a bad habit of spamming too fast that you developed unconsciously somehow. Strangely enough what helped me with this problem was streams. Because streams force you to tap to the beat and are also not stacked you need to flow with the rhythm and be more "in tune". After I started being able to do some short/slow streams I would just imagine that the triple is a really short stream and mostly got over the problem.

Also the reason why you don't have the problem with a circle on a slider is not that you're doing it better it's because slider starts are more lenient in timing.