forum

The Painless Add Video To Beatmap Process walkthrough.

posted
Total Posts
show more
lightmonster_old

Wojjan wrote:

as a video-ripper, I always use http://www.mediaconverter.org, see for yourself
which one do i do like do i click mp3 or wat?
ruza687
I gots a question... I need a video put into my new neatmap, but the thing is... The file size is to big... (29mg) and I need to make it at least 23 or less for it to work... I have the link but need help to make it smallee... Someone help? Thx
Here:s the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHxR92je ... ata_player
rhythmheavo
hey i have a beatmap that needs BAT aproval (or however you spell it lol) and well i have an avi but there is a picture there and i clicked on insert background i clicked on the avi video and i it makes a black screen what do i do!!!!
feverheavenrhythm
i can only see insert background not backround video
OSUgeek_old
how you make the video without sound?
calendulea
I still confused on this ;___; someone got worked program that can strip audio from a video file? Thanks ;_;
WonderSkoo

feverheavenrhythm wrote:

that's the same i see too only on my edit screen ;.; can some one tell me why?
blissfulyoshi
To answer a few questions, even though it say insert background, you can insert a video through that selection. Just select a video and it will place it into the song. (You can insert a bg first and then insert a video to have both)

To make a video without, audio, you can follow this guide t/96003

Wow, this guide is ancient now..... I think I might either unsticky this topic or take over.
chunfai1994
I inserted an avi video to a beatmap...It played but kept jumping time when playing.How can I solve the problem?..
The video plays normally when it is played by a player.
WonderSkoo

m_ridley wrote:

feverheavenrhythm wrote:

that's the same i see too only on my edit screen ;.; can some one tell me why?
i solve my problem cuz there'is not appear a button its only put a back ground and next with the same button ("insert backgroud") put a video -.- tnks to all
SuperMoutarde
What is the maximal allowed size for videos in beatmaps plz?
blissfulyoshi

SuperMoutarde wrote:

From the wiki
Try to keep osz files under 10mb, or 24mb if you include a video/storyboard (please remove the audio track from video files to save space).
In short, all of your maps components added up together must be less than 24mb. If you have a large .mp3 file, lik 6mb large, you can have at max a 18mb video. Just make sure to encode your video correctly when making it (Hint: you can always follow t/96003).
SuperMoutarde

blissfulyoshi wrote:

SuperMoutarde wrote:

From the wiki
Try to keep osz files under 10mb, or 24mb if you include a video/storyboard (please remove the audio track from video files to save space).
In short, all of your maps components added up together must be less than 24mb. If you have a large .mp3 file, lik 6mb large, you can have at max a 18mb video. Just make sure to encode your video correctly when making it (Hint: you can always follow t/96003).
oki, thanks a lot :)
Imperf3kt
One question, why does osu not support x264 codec? I tried adding an x264 (mp4) video and was told it was not able to. Is AVI (Xvid) and FLV (h263) truly the only options? AVI has a bad compression rate and generally results in a heavily macroblocked video at a bloated filesize and FLV is far too low quality to be considered useful.

I would love to be able to use level 4.0 or even 5.0 / 5.1 or 5.2 x264 videos. Generally a 2 minute video can be kept in 848,480 progressive at around 7MB with little to no macroblocks, aliasing or banding, halos etc etc.

Oh and for removing audio, mp4box or mkvmerge can easily remove audio from x264 files. mkvmerge also does avi IIRC, but it outputs as an mkv, so you just change the extension back to avi (as it doesn't change the codec, only the container and .mkv is the wrong container for Divx)

Edit: spoke with peppy and he says it works, so now the real question is why doe OSU tell me I cannot use it...
FrzR
when i add a video and it is a .avi format, osu! encountered an error. I also tried using a .mp4 file on this. Any solutions? :|
Gilbatir
well, i just use MeGUI for convert my videos to small size :3

16 MB worth for 5 mins! :3
megahouseguy
Don't understand why we can't just host the beatmap. It takes way too long on my shitty internet to even upload a video..
The-Gabe
The video I am adding to my map is over 24mb .

Is there any way I can cut it down to under 24 MB?
Little

YOURS wrote:

The video I am adding to my map is over 24mb .

Is there any way I can cut it down to under 24 MB?
If you haven't already, remove the audio from the video.
If you've already stripped the video of its audio, try lowering the bitrate.
jack980517
An Chinese YouTube downloader that I've used for years is here: http://download.flvcd.com/youtube/flvcd ... .4.7.7.zip
Click the YouTube logo on the left of the window to create a task. Not understanding ther Chinese text won't keep you from using it normally :)
YKingstoN
"An error has occurred during an import process. This could mean the image/video file unreadable by osu!" what should I do?
Pinkster7

YKingstoN wrote:

"An error has occurred during an import process. This could mean the image/video file unreadable by osu!" what should I do?
Is the video an mp4 and under 20MB and under 800 x 600?
Is the photo a .jpg. or .png that is not too large?
chrisrap
I have a error then i put a "avi" as bacvkground help please :(
xXLobsel-VithXx
this really helped ty D:
xXLobsel-VithXx

chrisrap wrote:

I have a error then i put a "avi" as bacvkground help please :(

I didnt use the link he gave me try this one dont worry about viruses i use this all the time ^^

Freemake Video Converter

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

It can convert to mp4 avi mp4 and others as well . :)
munnybunny

CptButtBalls wrote:

i've got the video to work on osu! now, and i uploaded the original video myself onto youtube so that i could vixy it. cause im ghetto like that :D

how did you get it to work it still wont work for me at all all i can get to show up is a still image but when i select the video nothing happens i tried closing osu and reopining it but nothing still :/
RasmusOlle
why cant i add a video?
answer before the commity gets angry on me for the help-spam :o
GamerConscience
In all honesty, I'd love it if someone listed all the substitute options for Vixy Freecorder, because stupid Chrome disabled my extension, and won't allow me to re-enable it. *sigh* Does anyone else know any other options that Chrome is compatible with? I'd love it if someone could help me out. :D
PrimalBlueWolf

Pinkster7 wrote:

YKingstoN wrote:

Is the video an mp4 and under 20MB and under 800 x 600?
Is the photo a .jpg. or .png that is not too large?
Video, under 20MB, mp4, 650*360.

Still get an error. Now what?
4-Mika-4
how do you make a video 20mb i cant figure it out and i dont know if thats how you should do it or not or if im doing it right
Factorial

sakuraharuhi4 wrote:

how do you make a video 20mb i cant figure it out and i dont know if thats how you should do it or not or if im doing it right
This one t/96003
Stefan
For further questions please post in t/96003 since it's way more updated and helps today. Removed from Announcements and moved to the General Questions subforum.