forum

new tournament proposition

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dreameaters
Guys,

I want to make a new tournament on osu. Unless someone has the means to chip in some prices i want to explain the basis.

Based on your rank youll be added to a difficulty poolm, this way everybody has a reasonable chance to win his difficulty pool. It would range from beginner- rookie - advanced- Proam - proffessional. Entry would be based on ranked, request, play time and technique.

Depending on how many players are entering the tournament serveral rounds will be made. A round excist of an deadline and a song including a difficulty and required mods. Players will have unlimited tries to obtain their highest score to submit to a means that is specified later. Elimination is based on the total amount of points obtained and a cutline. Later stages may require multiple maps to be completed increasing in difficulty each round. Winner currently gets eternal honour.

i have the following questions:
1) would find this an intresting idea?
2) are you willing to join in a long term tournament such as this one?
3) do you have any recommendations about this format, or an alternative?

hope to hear some feedback

Dream
Wishy
If you gonna make a tournament make it on multiplayer, making another drill competition is dumb since this game is about that already. And some people can spend more time on this than other so they would be having an huge advantage. Plus making categories by rank is retarded, ranked score means nothing, there are plenty of top ranked players that aren't good at all and there is many top players that are ranked under 500.

The format used in the past OWC was very good.
-libili
good idea and i wanna participate\
edit: i would make it more with multi (no mods) in the same rank like 2000~2500
Backfire
Im not even in the 30k's but im fairly sure I would destroy people ranked a lot higher than me. Rank doesent mean shit.
laport

Dreameaters wrote:

1) would find this an intresting idea?

very interesting, but i don't understand here no drol van
Metro
Bad idea. As Wishy said you'd be making a tournament of what this game already is and that isn't interesting.
FoxCat
Rank doesn't mean mean anything, I've played with peoplo who had a rank 5000 ~ 15000 and beat them.
C L Z
joining :3!
-libili
omfg, stfu mofos, you all know what i mean, do you think im stupid? i beat people ranked #100! so gtfo
HashishKabob
This sounds exactly like the tournaments that are ran at FFR. I'd totally love to compete in one here.
Big Yikes