forum

Irritating beatmap tricks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
This thread is for those little tricks that mappers put in their maps for raising the difficulty or just bad mappin. Now of course there are many that are fun, but this is about the ones that make you want to strangle a cat.

Bad spacing and streams are not what I'm talking about.

I have few i can list since I'm just an angry person but I'm only going to list the one that got me angry enough to make the thread in the first place.

Zerostarry
Cross Time was always known to be a bitch
aquabluu
Quarter beat long spinners. I could never find a way past those.
Echo
Cross Time is the best map ever~

Anyway, it's an old map, so it has an excuse for being like that.
Slain087
I'm sure everyone's failed at least 60% of their plays through Can't Defeat Airman, because of the Jamespacing that makes you go through most of your screen in a quarter beat. Not to mention getting to the blues right after, an even longer space in the same amount of time.

And I'm sure quite a few people were annoyed by the very sudden massive slider speed change in Time's Scar. It doesn't even start with a break, the first one of these sliders was plopped literally right before the break.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
To be perfectly honest, I like the old maps more than the newer ones. The new maps tend to be very square and mechanical, whereas the old ones were more free and creative.

Pick any map that was ranked in the last 2 months, I give it 90% chance it'll be going around the screen in circles (albeit with straight sides).
James
those stacks in crosstime have different colors every double tap/single tap though.