forum

Keeping up with circles at a steady pace?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Espionage724
I seem to have problems with trying to keep up with circles that come at a steady rate (they aren't as fast as streams at all, just a continuous, steady pace). There are two maps that I can name that do this:

Lucky Star - Motteke! Sailor Fuku (REDALiCE Remix) (Crazy) (starts right after the spinner, maybe halfway though the song)
Mike Morasky - Science is Fun (Insane) (starts right at the beginning)

The circles aren't "fast" I guess, but I notice that I start off hitting 300's, then quickly start getting 100's, 50's, then eventually just missing, falling behind, then fail :p

Is this just something I have to keep practicing pretty much to get better at?
those
The circles aren't "fast", but still fast enough for your finger/wrist to get tired quickly over.

You just need to keep practising. It took me a while to be able to constantly do 200 bpm, and anything more than that is pushing it atm.
Randy96
Topic Starter
Espionage724

those wrote:

The circles aren't "fast", but still fast enough for your finger/wrist to get tired quickly over.

You just need to keep practising. It took me a while to be able to constantly do 200 bpm, and anything more than that is pushing it atm.
Hmm, I don't think it's my fingers getting tired either (I just did that Lucky Star Mix with Auto Pilot on without too much trouble, and got a B)

I'll check out what u linked though Randy and see if it helps :)
Xact
Really it just comes down to practice and getting comfortable with those types of things and being able to read the timing (basically like you say, you start off good, doing 300's then slowly go down). So sounds like you have a timing issue mixed with lack of skill in the map reading category, or you're using a mouse and your skill level with your mouse needs improvement.

It's not a bad thing, we've all been there. It just takes practice. That's the awesome thing about osu, it's timeless in the sense of things you can learn to improve your skill level!

I recommend playing this song, i think its similar to what you're having trouble with, and this map is basically entirely constructed of that design:

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/67086

It should help you keep in time with spaced steady hit circles. Turn on no fail and spun out and have fun (as its a rather advanced skill level map) ;)

The biggest thing is not to get discouraged and find one map that you like the song and map alot, but its slightly above your skill level. Play it over and over until you can full combo it, then move on to the next map that's slightly above your skill level that you enjoy. It's the best way I find to increase your skill level. If you play fewer maps alot of times, it will sub consciously be embedded in your mind the timing and patterns. If you do this with enough maps, you'll have all the patterns in the back of your mind..then when you play other maps, you'll notice they're alot easier and you'll clear them without even thinking about it.

Hope this helps~
silmarilen
you just need to get some single tap speed in your fingers.
another song like that is http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17450