forum

[Archived] Error during timing calculations

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Contrarian
Problem Details:
I've been getting this error quite frequently and at this point I'm not sure what I can do.
The first time I got it a simple restart was all I needed. After about 2 weeks it came back and restarting didn't help.
Plugging my audio in and out didnt work, changing sound quality, changing volume, restarting, running osu as admin, and reinstalling have not helped at all.
What else can I do?
It seems that the audio works properly in game and there isn't any noticeable discrepancy between the game normally and when this error occurs, but not being able to submit scores is annoying.

Edit:
Drivers are all up to date
Disabled enhancements - did nothing.

Edit 2:
Tried stable - fallback, beta, and cutting edge. Same issue.

Edit 3:
Changing from OpenGL to DirectX rendering did nothing

Edit 4:
"Repairing" osu did nothing - I feel this tool isn't working correctly either.

Edit 5:
No choice but to give up with playing osu online at this point until I fork out the money to buy a new computer. (Which I won't until this computer outright dies.)

Reinstalled again, set osu's priority level down and then back up, installed an older audio driver, reinstalled the newest one, took out my graphics card, tried different builds of osu. All to no avail.

If anyone wants to continue to suggest things I'll try them, but I'm certain it's a motherboard issue.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://imgur.com/a/u9MIl

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Pachiru
The little box is saying that you need to update your drivers, so do it, I don't know where you can find a link about it though, sorry x_x
Topic Starter
Contrarian

Pachiru wrote:

The little box is saying that you need to update your drivers, so do it, I don't know where you can find a link about it though, sorry x_x
My drivers are as up-to-date as they can be.
Topic Starter
Contrarian
I need a reply. This is getting really annoying and /r/osugame is actually retarded.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Have you tried using a different audio device (different pair of headphones, speaker) or switched the port in which the device is plugged in?

Doubt it will do anything, but it's worth a shot.
Topic Starter
Contrarian

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Have you tried using a different audio device (different pair of headphones, speaker) or switched the port in which the device is plugged in?

Doubt it will do anything, but it's worth a shot.

There are no other ports and I have no other audio devices besides my headphones.
The speakers have the same issue.
Topic Starter
Contrarian
Reinstalled 3rd time. NOTHING!

This is really really really really really really really getting annoying.
ThanatosP3

Contrarian wrote:

Problem Details:
I've been getting this error quite frequently and at this point I'm not sure what I can do.
The first time I got it a simple restart was all I needed. After about 2 weeks it came back and restarting didn't help.
Plugging my audio in and out didnt work, changing sound quality, changing volume, restarting, running osu as admin, and reinstalling have not helped at all.
What else can I do?
It seems that the audio works properly in game and there isn't any noticeable discrepancy between the game normally and when this error occurs, but not being able to submit scores is annoying.

Edit:
Drivers are all up to date
Disabled enhancements - did nothing.

Edit 2:
Tried stable - fallback, beta, and cutting edge. Same issue.

Edit 3:
Changing from OpenGL to DirectX rendering did nothing

Edit 4:
"Repairing" osu did nothing - I feel this tool isn't working correctly either.

Edit 5:
No choice but to give up with playing osu online at this point until I fork out the money to buy a new computer. (Which I won't until this computer outright dies.)

Reinstalled again, set osu's priority level down and then back up, installed an older audio driver, reinstalled the newest one, took out my graphics card, tried different builds of osu. All to no avail.

If anyone wants to continue to suggest things I'll try them, but I'm certain it's a motherboard issue.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://imgur.com/a/u9MIl

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
The osu! community fucking sucks at helping. at this point you should just get a new pc.
Flanster
Not only is this issue archived for 1 year now, the user doesn't even exist anymore. If you have an issue please do create a new thread for it.