forum

Help me someone :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kosake-
Hello people its my first time writing something else than playing osu but i need help ..

I've been playing osu since 2 months and i can do maps up to 4.5* (i fail sometimes) and soon i will need to get a tablet but there's a problem that worries me .. I'm a LEFT HANDED guy i use my left side for everything in this life ( eating , writing , etc .. ) except 1 thing which is [ holding the mouse ] .. i don't know why but i can't use it with my left hand , but that wont work with a tablet , i tried using it once with my right hand and i didnt get a 1 circle , i dont know about my left hand cuz i didn't try to .. what should i do when the time of getting a tablet has came??
Sandy Hoey
Go ask in G&R. THis forum is for non-osu! related topics only
Topic Starter
Kosake-
sorry didnt know about that
Sandy Hoey
no problem, dont worry about it
Nathanael
Moved from General Discussion.
KupcaH
Imo, you should hold pen in left hand and learn to tap with right hand.
-Makishima S-
Wacom tablets are for both type of people: right and left handed. Try to find Wacom CTL-471, it is cheap and one of recommended tablets for oss.
Yurumo
As a left-handed tablet player, I didn't really have any problems transitioning from mouse to tablet.
I use my right hand to hold the mouse, and my left hand tap, write, hold the spoon and w/e.

I got the Huion H420 as my first tablet and used my left hand to hold it and right hand to tap.
It took me 2~ hours to get my tablet skills on par with my mouse.

Use relax to train your left hand, tap along with the rhythm to train your right. That's how I did it.
Turn "always show key overlay" and watch your replays back from time to time to see if you were early or late on your taps,
tried to move your cursor too far, too short of the circle you were aiming for.
That's how I improved.

The only real issues were streams and triplets.

After a week, my tablet skills were much better than my mouse skills.

tl;dr if you're left handed but want to switch to a tablet, you don't really have to worry about anything.
(The Huion does have a left handed mode but I don't use that).

I hold my pen like this:
Wishes
Switching the tapping hand is easier than you think. I know from personal experience. In the end you're just moving two fingers up and down. :) It's aim that's harder to build up, and so you'll definitely benefit from using your tablet (if you decide to get one) with your left hand.
Worm_old_1
use the tablet with your left hand lol
Topic Starter
Kosake-
Man that's not the problem here , it's that i cant press on keyboards buttons with my right hand ..
Sandy Hoey
Then go down and it difficult and practice until you can. You taught your left hand, you can teach your right