forum

PyP Video Game Mafia [MAFIA+SURVIVOR] - Dr. Hitter Escapes!

posted
Total Posts
show more
adam2046

bmin11 wrote:

@Wolf
Actually, what were your picks for the game? The character's personality and it's history may help us getting any possible infos of your sanity (just like Pheonix who we really doubt he would be insane/paranoid/naive).
He did specifically say L.A Noire so I assume that it's because that's the only game that fits his role.
I have yet to play L.A Noire, but from my brother's descriptions of the missions: you play as a guy who is about justice and getting his man and stuff, but even if you know who the culprit is, in a few of the missions you have to tell the police chief what he wants to hear and arrest who he has personal bias against to get a good grade for the mission instead of arresting the actual culprit.
So it could go either way from what I've heard.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
..so, what you're saying is, my sanity could be random? If that's the case...

...oh, god.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Well, assuming that my sanity is in fact random, I'd have roughly a 50-50 chance of getting a proper verdict on someone. But even then, that's pushing it quite a bit.
Lybydose
Actually I didn't consider the possibility of a lyncher either. It would sort of make sense given bmin's description.
akrolsmir

Swiftwolf Yellowtail wrote:

Well, assuming that my sanity is in fact random, I'd have roughly a 50-50 chance of getting a proper verdict on someone. But even then, that's pushing it quite a bit.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this, but if your sanity is in fact random, you are no more useful than a townie and your results should be ignored.

@Lybydose- who is a lyncher? I don't recall bmin accusing anyone of that.
FisHie_old
So both of the investigations are unreliable...
Damn, we still would have a chance, but are we willing to take the risk ?
Unvote.
Lybydose

akrolsmir wrote:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this, but if your sanity is in fact random, you are no more useful than a townie and your results should be ignored.

@Lybydose- who is a lyncher? I don't recall bmin accusing anyone of that.
whoops, I meant adam's description of the game character, not bmin

As in, the guy has to arrest a specific person that the chief has bias against rather than the actual guilty person. Would make sense for a lyncher role.
Mashley

I'd have roughly a 50-50 chance of getting a proper verdict on someone. But even then, that's pushing it quite a bit.
Which would make it completely random and utterly useless.
Rantai

adam2046 wrote:

bmin11 wrote:

@Wolf
Actually, what were your picks for the game? The character's personality and it's history may help us getting any possible infos of your sanity (just like Pheonix who we really doubt he would be insane/paranoid/naive).
He did specifically say L.A Noire so I assume that it's because that's the only game that fits his role.
I have yet to play L.A Noire, but from my brother's descriptions of the missions: you play as a guy who is about justice and getting his man and stuff, but even if you know who the culprit is, in a few of the missions you have to tell the police chief what he wants to hear and arrest who he has personal bias against to get a good grade for the mission instead of arresting the actual culprit.
So it could go either way from what I've heard.
Which missions specifically?

I leafed through a few overviews (half assedly) and couldn't see those situations. (Off topic but this game's story is actually quite interesting)

Overall he just seems to be a run-of-the-mill detective.
adam2046

Rantai wrote:

Which missions specifically?
I'd actually have to play the game to find out.
Rantai
Ask your brother, if you'd be so kind.
adam2046

Rantai wrote:

That's a pain, so I just checked TV Tropes.
It seems to be in at least this one:
http://lanoire.wikia.com/wiki/The_Golden_Butterfly
http://www.gameshampoo.com/17212/noire- ... ong-person
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
You know what?

I'm willing to test my statement. If I really have a sanity that gives off random results, how would I know D2? It's impossible.

So, with that said:

Currently, there are a total of four different sanity that I could be:

Sane, insane, paranoid, random

If I'm truly random, then I should come up with a result that will mess up the pattern shown in the later statements.

If I'm sane, everything I search will come out correct (excluding millers and traitors..and other misleading roles).

If I'm insane, everything I search will come out backwards.

If I'm paranoid, everything I search will come out guilty.

Like I said, the only way I can tell if I have a random sanity is if I get an unusual pattern, such as the following example:

Player 3 was found mafia. Lynch result: Mafia. Sanity: Sane, paranoid, random.
Player 8 was found innocent. Lynch result: Mafia. Sanity: Insane, naive, random.

With that second result, there is NO WAY I could have gone from the first set of results to the second set of results without having a random sanity!

With that said, I'm still keeping my vote.

Yes, I'm sure everyone's gonna hate me for this. BUT I WANT TO PROVE MY SANITY!
Mara
Okay, I am little bit (read: heavily) tired - but I didn't get your idea. Can you... explain it other way?

Sorry for being baka.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Basically, I'm using a similar method to the Mini Dethy Mafia. Doing this will be a test of whether or not my sanity is in fact random.
Mara
Ah, I think I am understanding now.
Rantai

adam2046 wrote:

Rantai wrote:

That's a pain, so I just checked TV Tropes.
It seems to be in at least this one:
http://lanoire.wikia.com/wiki/The_Golden_Butterfly
http://www.gameshampoo.com/17212/noire- ... ong-person
Ahh alright. It's a bit of a stretch but I can't deny it's possible.

Vote stands though, for other reasons.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
:U

Prod Lilac

Last post: 7 days ago.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
VOTE COUNT:
Wojjan (6) - adam2046, Mashley, Rolled, LadySuburu, foulcoon, LunaticMara
adam2046 (6) - Swiftwolf Yellowtail, Rantai, fishie, KRZY, akrolsmir, Lybydose

Not Voting (5) - Lilac, Wojjan, pieguy1372, tastelikecoke, bmin11

Prodded Lilac.
FisHie_old
Hm, I am pretty sure that I unvoted but might as well...
Vote: adam2046.
tastelikecoke

Mashley wrote:

I'd have roughly a 50-50 chance of getting a proper verdict on someone. But even then, that's pushing it quite a bit.
Which would make it completely random and utterly useless.
Well, if you want things to be a little less random, then we should analyze our lynch candidates more carefully.
Like you know, "Wojjan is 30% more scummier acting than adam in page 13!" or something.
Totally-insane random cops are rarely used in games except in Dethy, because essentially they are useless and just confusing. Dethy being a game of cops, a random cop would be an interesting twist.

Also, guys, you're relying too much on meta. People can act differently under different conditions.
Wojjan
Am I voting adam yet? Yeah, vote: adam. If adam is maf btw, I'm not liking where that's putting Mashley.
btw Swift, your flavor confused us for a moment. You stated your target's destination. DID YOU MEAN TO TYPE YOUR TARGET DESTINATION? because judging from your role that makes a LOT more sense.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Actually:

LadySuburu wrote:

By the way guys, there's also another killing role out there. I was targeted for a kill last night but apperently I had a one-shot bulletproof I didn't know about. I was informed of the attempt, though.
If the mod hides something, it's a bastard mod. If my sanity is truly random, it would also mean that it is a bastard mod.

I have a hunch that this PyP is a bastard mod.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Wojjan wrote:

Am I voting adam yet? Yeah, vote: adam. If adam is maf btw, I'm not liking where that's putting Mashley.
btw Swift, your flavor confused us for a moment. You stated your target's destination. DID YOU MEAN TO TYPE YOUR TARGET DESTINATION? because judging from your role that makes a LOT more sense.
I went to the target's original location. Specifically, where he sleeps.
FisHie_old

I have a hunch that this PyP is a bastard mod.
I think that's very unlikely...
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
What makes you say that? LS didn't know about the vest, and mods usually don't hide something from people unless it's a bastard mod.

If it's not a bastard mod, it's just bad, and I'm sure NH's intentions weren't to make this bad.
adam2046
I hope Swiftwolf learns something about reading comprehension this game.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Oh, believe me, I'm learning with every post.
Wojjan
Wow gosh I don't know who the mafia are.
You're such a bastard NoHItter.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Not that kind of bastard, Wojjan. I mean hiding parts of a role. Now, sanity, I can understand, but not random.
bmin11
Vote: Adam. I'm tired of thinking other cases now :|
pieguyn
I personally find the start of today highly suspicious. adam voted Wojjan and then Mashley popped up with a cop result on Wojjan. (This doesn't make Mashley mafia, I think it's more likely that they framed Wojjan and were just waiting for an opportunity)

I'll just vote adam2046 and if he's town we can lynch Wojjan tomorrow >.<//
Mashley

pieguy1372 wrote:

(This doesn't make Mashley mafia, I think it's more likely that they framed Wojjan and were just waiting for an opportunity)
Why would we want to frame him if we were town? Lynch Wojjan, seriously.
Lybydose
fos pieguy
Topic Starter
NoHitter
That was the hammer guys.
It's Night 2 now.
Will edit in the flavor later.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
VOTE COUNT:
adam2046 (9) - Swiftwolf Yellowtail, Rantai, fishie, KRZY, akrolsmir, Lybydose, Wojjan, bmin11, pieguy1372
Wojjan (6) - adam2046, Mashley, Rolled, LadySuburu, foulcoon, LunaticMara

Not Voting (2) - Lilac, tastelikecoke

adam2046 has been lynched.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Dr. Hitter was coming back from the town, he saw the group of characters fight over who to lynch.
There were two claimants of an investigative role. Both had a "guilty" on a different person.
The players were divided. Both wanted to lynch either of the guilty.

In the end, they had settled for adam2046. As he was about to be hanged though, he looked at the people voting for him.
He glanced once, then twice. A look of disappointment entered his face as he went for the noose.

adam2046 has been lynched. His alignment will be revealed the next day.

ALL ACTIONS MUST BE SENT IN 48 HOURS TIME.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
It was 3AM already, but Dr. Hitter was still wide awake doing the final calibrations on his machine.
"Oh crap. I'm still missing some parts for this machine. Need to buy some tomorrow again."

But alas, Dr. Hitter had already taken caffeine pills and could not sleep. He decided to wander around the rooms of the characters.
He entered adam2046's room. Inside, he found a lone suitcase. After forcing the lock open, he discovered a notebook detailing adam2046's escapades with the Mafia, and his plan to leave the organization.

Apparently, adam2046 was a member of the Mafia, but was planning to transfer sides. The lynch yesterday was useless.
adam2046 - Mafia - Regretful Mafia - Conditional Saulus - Lynched Day 2

Dr. Hitter, still bored (and full of caffeine), decided to go outside. He immediately noticed that the weather was foggy. He remembered that the weather forecast did say that it would be foggy for the rest of the nights of the week.

Dr. Hitter continued to walk across the outsides of the building.
He noticed that a body was hanging on top of the antenna of the facility.

Upon approaching it, he discovered that it was Swiftwolf Yellowtail.
What was more odd was that he couldn't tell how he died or what was his alignment.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail - ??? - ??? - ??? - Killed Night 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT IS NOW DAY 3.
DEADLINE IS IN SEVEN DAYS.
WITH 15 ALIVE, IT TAKES 8 TO LYNCH.
Lybydose
get any info Mash?
Lybydose
Another thing - I doubt adam knew who else was in the mafia. If he did, the role would have been completely broken upon his switch to the town.

vote: pieguy

Finishing the hammer on adam to stop any further discussion. This is especially suspicious because Swiftwolf was considering a plan to determine his sanity, but had not yet unvoted himself. A hammer on adam prevents Swiftwolf from unvoting and having the bandwagon potentially swap to someone else (like Wojjan).
akrolsmir
vote: Lybydose

You spent a lot of effort defending adam; your vote for him was clearly reluctant. In particular:

adam has the habit of doing exactly what he's doing right now when he's town and a bandwagon forms on him.
Anyways, I find the act of defending (versus scumhunting) to be much more suspicious, especially as you obviously weren't masons or something.
show more