forum

Bravely Default - Flying Fairy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maxylan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mindmaster107
Here from M4M.

Since in your mod you referenced a pishifat video, imma reference some of his videos so you get a better understanding of what your mistakes are.

First, not hitsounded. (Not a big deal considering it is WIP, but hitsounding is required to rank a song. I know it is annoying but everyone does it.)

Second, AR 10 is way too high for a 5 star map, let alone 6 stars at this BPM. Lower it to 9 please, or raise it into 9.2 if people complain. Even for 7 stars 220 bpm, they used AR 9.5. You do not need AR 10.

Third, your spacing has no meaning. Remember in pishi's spacing emphasis video, he mentioned how spacing emphasis only works if there is LOW SPACING TO CONTRAST? You need parts of small spacing to show off the intense notes correctly.

Fourth, please use a visual method of organizing.
The rule of thumb for a new mapper is try and use the same slider shapes, don't overlap objects within a few seconds, just copy and paste sections which repeat in the same section (rotating them, or adding slight changes for variety).

Parts of your song question your rhythm choice.
00:23:001 (4,5,6,7) - Listen closely and you hear 1/4 sounds.
If you watched pishifat's video on workflow, you know that you need to be very thorough in listening to a song, to make sure your rhythm choice is as accurate as possible.

You seemed to try and point out flow in my map, so you seem to value flow, and yet you don't grasp how powerful it is.
00:17:271 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - This uses wide angles. Way wider than anything you would find in a modern map. Even if not woefully reflecting the music, they would make no sense playability wise. You are not experienced enough to play with flow, so like pishifat recommends, just use traditional flow, and not try and do anything fancy unless you know how to handle everything else first.
00:19:967 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This is why your wide angles truly make no sense. This section sounds almost identical, and yet are mapped completely differently. Similar spacing yes, but remember the point of spacing emphasis is to put strain on the player. Flow is much more apparent in it's effects, and is the main thing I notice in this section. The jumps are unorganized, and contrasted with the wide angles, makes me thing the song is doing something way more intense, and yet it is in the same section. Heck within 5 seconds of each other.

I will tell you know, your song is way too hard to map for someone of your current skill. It is defiantly a song I want to see ranked, and it is certainly possible with a beginner mapper's abilities to map to.

Try practicing mapping on shorter songs, with less rhythm complexity. That way you can focus on spacing, basic flow, and rhythm choice much more objectively and safely.
Topic Starter
Maxylan

mindmaster107 wrote:

Here from M4M.

Since in your mod you referenced a pishifat video, imma reference some of his videos so you get a better understanding of what your mistakes are.

First, not hitsounded. (Not a big deal considering it is WIP, but hitsounding is required to rank a song. I know it is annoying but everyone does it.) Yup! Will get on with it when it's done/close to done!

Second, AR 10 is way too high for a 5 star map, let alone 6 stars at this BPM. Lower it to 9 please, or raise it into 9.2 if people complain. Even for 7 stars 220 bpm, they used AR 9.5. You do not need AR 10. Thanks! I'll be sure to keep this in mind!!

Third, your spacing has no meaning. Remember in pishi's spacing emphasis video, he mentioned how spacing emphasis only works if there is LOW SPACING TO CONTRAST? You need parts of small spacing to show off the intense notes correctly. Thanks! I'll be sure to also keep this in mind!

Fourth, please use a visual method of organizing.
The rule of thumb for a new mapper is try and use the same slider shapes, don't overlap objects within a few seconds, just copy and paste sections which repeat in the same section (rotating them, or adding slight changes for variety). I don't like copypasting that much, I fear it leads to repetetiveness. But I'll be sure to keep in mind to use simular looking slider shapes and not overlapping things!

Parts of your song question your rhythm choice.
00:23:001 (4,5,6,7) - Listen closely and you hear 1/4 sounds.
If you watched pishifat's video on workflow, you know that you need to be very thorough in listening to a song, to make sure your rhythm choice is as accurate as possible. Just noticed! Thank you so so much I'll be sure to listen way more carefully from now on!

You seemed to try and point out flow in my map, so you seem to value flow, and yet you don't grasp how powerful it is.
00:17:271 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - This uses wide angles. Way wider than anything you would find in a modern map. Even if not woefully reflecting the music, they would make no sense playability wise. You are not experienced enough to play with flow, so like pishifat recommends, just use traditional flow, and not try and do anything fancy unless you know how to handle everything else first. That's harsh, but fair! I'll make sure to look into other means of mapping these sections!
00:19:967 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This is why your wide angles truly make no sense. This section sounds almost identical, and yet are mapped completely differently. Similar spacing yes, but remember the point of spacing emphasis is to put strain on the player. Flow is much more apparent in it's effects, and is the main thing I notice in this section. The jumps are unorganized, and contrasted with the wide angles, makes me thing the song is doing something way more intense, and yet it is in the same section. Heck within 5 seconds of each other. Hmm, I tried tohave a little variation on this section so that it doesn't look too simular, seeing how the section of sounds in this part of the song is simular. But I guess I'll find another way to remap this as well.

I will tell you know, your song is way too hard to map for someone of your current skill. It is defiantly a song I want to see ranked, and it is certainly possible with a beginner mapper's abilities to map to. Thanks! I know it's hard but I felt that I'd come a long enough way to try and tackle this. I'll keep mapping and see if it's a waste of time or not. Regardless I will not give up on this song!

Try practicing mapping on shorter songs, with less rhythm complexity. That way you can focus on spacing, basic flow, and rhythm choice much more objectively and safely. I've scrapped countless of projects before... Maps of all shapes and sizes like the easier songs that you're describing and song like this one that are hard... I will keep on practicing on all kinds of maps as soon as I find good enough songs, most of the songs i find are either waaaaay to slow/easy to map or waaay to hard and I have an insanely hard time finding a song that's in between that I actually like.
Thank you so much! This has been the first ever mod I've recieved and it's been a tremendous eye-opener! You've got the perfect harshness too it, and I like it when modders are blunt! Hell I wouldn't mind having you as a mentor if possible, but I know that's asking too much.
LGV894
Too much concepts and variation in visual themes that change very abruptly without much relation to the music.

Also, using different types of objects to represent the exact same sound within the song is a bad idea.

Please don't use varied curved sliders like that, maybe 2 types of curved sliders then copy paste them throughout the map and it would be fine. But more than two would be overkill.

This is a disaster as I can't even identify a visual theme of how you arranged the objects and how they're related to the music. It just feels like tapping to obviously arbitrary sounds without much tactility...