forum

osu! Hitsounding and Mapping Contest!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hikomori

Hello and welcome to the official thread of osu! Hitsounding and Mapping Contest!

Some days ago i thought about making my own contest, so here it is!

The prices for the winners are the incredible and amazing feeling of winning on this contest c:
(i cant give prizes anyways lmao)

Timlines released when i have the perfect amount of participants (stay woke on our discord server)

Judges... well... i still dont have, but ill someday open judge applications!

Contest rules are:

1. Use ''sakuraburst - serotonin'' (https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmaps/artists/8) with this tags: ''experimental deconstructing nature hs contest hitsound contest 2017''. Then whatever you want, but those have to be used yes or yes.

2. Entry must be playable and rankable! Its easier for us to select the winner then.

3. Piano can't be used or everyone would win (cuz I know someone would use them).

Thats all!

note: im mapping too but just to give an example on how it can be

Join discord server here to see any announcements and talk with other people
Shortthu
owo what is this
Maxylan
This page has alot missing lol
lol
[*] Are there prices, if so what are they
[*] What will be the timeframe for the contest (i.e When does it start and end and in what time zone)
[*] Do you have to apply or is anyone and everyone accepted
[*] Are there judges?
[*] If so what do they judge for qualities and what experience do they have

I mean it's understandable given that "this is your first time and u just thought it would be fun to do a mapping contest" but if you want applicants then show your worth as a host ;)
Topic Starter
Hikomori
did the most xdd
davidminh0111
prize when?
meii18
there seems like to be lack of information like you need to put the prizes there (not only that the prize would be to feel awesome that you won a contest) you can contact someone to help you with supporters or you can make a spotlight of the top 3 entries and to the winner you can bring a fancy badge (you need to talk to the staff about this).
- you need to put more rules like giving someone's your entry is forbidden (i mean share), the entry must adhere to the ranking criteria (not every entry should be rankable and playable it sounds too lame imo)
- set a deadline like 11th September 18:00 UTC not "when i will have the perfect amount of participants"
- do registration applications so in that way you may get more contestants not only to join the discord and stay awake on it (how to do it? simple: osu! username, discord username, do you apply as *contestant ? *judger? and put some questions like "why did you want to be in this contest" or something like this lol)
- do an introduction to the contest for instance what this contest means not just "some days ago i thought about making my own contest so here it is" it sounds a bit pity and it brings less interest to the user tbh

you have to put more informations if you want to bring more contestants you have less at this moment but i think you can have more contestants if you'll put the necessary information