I've
Said
That
Times
Now
Zexion

johnmedina999 wrote:

Zexion wrote:

I'm curious about this. If foxtrot is town for her analytical posts, then Lincolm should also fall into that category (specially for this post) but you are (or were?) reading him as scum. Your reads aren't consistent.
Well, it is true that both are very analytic, but Lincolm is still on my scum radar for the 1v1 claim I posted earlier; even so, his last post and his overall confidence are making me change my mind ever so slightly, although the latter might just be good acting, and the former might be me being a n00b. I'll have to wait and see.
But you didn't say that on your original read list, that only makes me wonder if you just arbitraly decided Lincolm was scum.

Hika wrote:

I dont want scum to come along and 'accidentally' hammer abraker also. Would be dumb for anyone else to vote him without a complete town decision. hope you see where im coming from
I often don't consider this as a valid reason for holding a vote. L-1 is where magic happens, but yeah, its debatable whether or not put someone at L-1 on a newbie game because of people not often realizing how dangerous quickhammers are. However, considering the deadline, I think it's not THAT risky to put someone at L-1.
Hika
Thanks for letting me know your opinion on that @Zex.
I might just be very cautious about it is all. I just had an issue a few years back playing an I accidentally hammered without noticing VC. I'm just very curious when it comes to that and I can even link that game if I need to.
Ace Timing
ok i just started reading and stuff

Foxtrot wrote:

Lincolm wrote:

That's logical answer. And no, I just ask if you get red or green colour, hoping you to answer red somehow.

Well-written flavour, though.
why would he answer red? are you trying to distract us from actual scum and shift the attention to the new players?

Hey Zekks, what do you think about John?
this further proves my suspicion; stop trying to initiate a bandwagon, it's not working

Vote: Lincolm
this is horrible lmao
Ace Timing

Foxtrot wrote:

you're acting very scummy, zekks. if you're town, i advise you to stop it. you're most likely not.
I'm starting to think this is playstyle cause you sound so forced and unnatural
abraker

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

As long as I'm still alive, no mafia can't stop me ;)
I know I am going a full 180 on this, but something just clicked in me. Zekks role claim doesn't look like a bad option, but as Hika said, he might be doing it wrong. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope it is what I think it is.

Hika wrote:

Real quick before I answer Foxtrot's post, it is possible to have more than 2 scum reads. I think it's fucked up abraker thinks I cant have that lol.
Like I said, I currently have two leaning scum and one possible scum.
That is better. A 3/9 turn out is not bad, however the quote I responded to had you with a 5/9+ turn out according to what you said here, "I have more people in the red rather than green, sad to say". Ofc, I didn't consider null now that I think of it.

@Hika comment on the following responses that were not spoilered. I reposted them here:

le repost
Now this one is especially interesting, because if Hika had a PR, there would be a MUCH less likely chance of this mention. This brings odds of Hika being scum to 2/7

Hika wrote:

oh shit I'm so slow I forgot we have possible PRs
Slow your role bros, zekks could be a PR and doing it wrong

There are two things that bother me here. This is very pro town, but second, any discussion about strategy is viewed by both parties. It becomes a guessing game how it would be executed, which is no different than guessing who is town and scum. I fail to see how anything mentioned regarding to this would put town at a disadvantage nor put scum at an advantage

Hika wrote:

Also, self voting strategy shouldn't be mentioned here. Maybe google it cause we're currently in game and dont want mafia doing anything with that information.

There is a contradiction here. You see how you would implement it yet you claim it's anti-town enough to lynch D1 and I don't know how logical this reasoning is if you are town. I don't get how, as a townie, you can claim knowledge of self-voting tactics but at the same time vote a self-voter "to save town the trouble of being confused later on down the road". That's your scum side speaking even if you are town.

Hika wrote:

Dawnsday wrote:

Strikes me as a LAMIST post mainly due to the "dont want mafia doing anything with that information". Just feels like such a weird addition to the sentence in general, ending at "we're currently in game" would've been acceptable but the last bit seems to be tacked on solely to remind us you're not mafia.

Also upon actually rereading you don't have as many posts I find questionable as I seem to have remembered. You're probably still pretty null for me honestly. Sorry for forcing you to do stuff on your drinking night, I'm just giving my honest views!

also @mod can we have a votecount
You're not forcing me to do anything don't worry! I'm back from drinking so I'll post a bit.

I can definitely see where it could rub you incorrectly, but I meant it in a way where I wouldn't want to give the wrong people information that would work against town. I have many ways where I, myself as a player, would implement self-voting but would rather not go in depth with it this game.

Lets just say in my opinion, I see it as a shitty town confirming tactic as well as a ballsy scum move. As I said before, I'd rather have an anti town than a scum deceiving me but if that anti town is being extremely counteractive in our scum hunting, I'd be willing to get rid of them D1 to save town the trouble of being confused later on down the road.

If you are scum, it would be a good tactic to put down your partner as red to not raise suspicion. It is even safer to do so now since most of the hellfire is currently on me and linc., and linc. may not be your partner

Hika wrote:

my leaning town reads are john n dawn
red leaning would be linc, zekks
red being abraker

everyone is like really null too me.
my FoS is on Foxtrot cuz she was over analyzing but I could be over looking that
Ace Timing

Lincolm wrote:

Vote : abraker because PoE (L-3)
LOL
is this PoE on day one? How the fuck dude?
Ace Timing

Dawnsday wrote:

Lincolm wrote:

, but I hate policy lynch also.
Why? If he's not commited to reading he's going to hurt town in the long run. It's not FUN to policy lynch rest assured I'd rather the idea was never even conceived but honestly.
I read this as dawn actually saying he'd like it better if zekks was never conceived and I was laughing so hard
Ace Timing

Hika wrote:

I have more people in the red rather than green, sad to say
me_irl
y'all are so scummy for no reason
abraker
@Foxtrot. Your posts are turning out too null or leaning townie, but since I know how analytically helpful behavior goes, it can be either town or mafia. Speaking from experience here where I was playing mafia and was nothing but that which convinced a lot of players I was town (see my first game here where I started questioning players more and more with similar tactics as the game went on).

To level this uncertainty off, I ask you to analyze your own posts and come up with a detailed read on yourself.
Hika

Ace Timing wrote:

Hika wrote:

I have more people in the red rather than green, sad to say
me_irl
y'all are so scummy for no reason
THIS IS EXACRLT
WHAT IM SAYINF BRO LOL

also abraker wait for my response later I'm drunk rn lol
Will reply tomorrow
Ace Timing

abraker wrote:

To level this uncertainty off, I ask you to analyze your own posts and come up with a detailed read on yourself.
LOL
Ace Timing
holy shit you guys have me rolling
Foxtrot

abraker wrote:

And why?

abraker wrote:

Your posts are turning out too null or leaning townie, but since I know how analytically helpful behavior goes, it can be either town or mafia.
So are my posts leaning townie or mafia? You're confusing me
Ace Timing
ok it took me about 20 minutes to read everything, which was, disappointing, to say the least.

I want to say my reads are something like
Town:
Zexion
Hika
abraker

Null:
rEdo
Lincolm

Scum:
Foxtrot
johnmedina999
[ - Zekks - ]

Which is too many scum for the purposes of this game.
Ace Timing
abraker was initially scum, which had me at more scum than town lol
abraker

Foxtrot wrote:

And why?
Your posts are full of valid points and analysis, and it's hard to find a fault in them, at least for me. People are prone to bias when talking about themselves, more so when trying to hide something. It will be an interesting analysis to read because it will highlight either your bias or faults. To put it in layman terms, I have a hard time reading you despite your activity.

Foxtrot wrote:

So are my posts leaning townie or mafia? You're confusing me
I am saying that your posts are leaning townie, but they also are reminiscent of my tactics in the first game I played where I was scum.
Lincolm
I don't feel like to read the wall posts. I will read them later.

abraker wrote:

I am scum-hunting, but subtly. It's just that no fish took my bait yet, sadly.
I'm pretty sure you need more than one bait for scumhunting.

Hika wrote:

we have like two more days in the game left, i'm not voting you cuz i dont see anyone else posting today? @Lincolm
I fail to see why voting me should be cautious when I'm at L-4.

johnmedina999 wrote:

Yes, I know what PoE is. However, you only just started PoE here. Your PoE strategy does not include all the rest of your posts against abraker when the 1v1 could have ended long ago. Again, don't hold me against my claim, because this might be perfectly normal in a game and it just may be my lack of experience.
I said I'm sticking my vote on him after that post, though. Because I don't see why and how his action is coming from town, at all.

Ace Timing wrote:

I HAVEN'T READ ANYTHING BUT I'M JESUS SO
Hika
Thanks, Lucifer, Hika wasn't L-1.

Why did you do this?

Ace Timing wrote:

LOL
is this PoE on day one? How the fuck dude?
Uh-huh. Because I can.

Ace Timing wrote:

Scum:
Foxtrot
johnmedina999
[ - Zekks - ]
Have you considered what if they are newbie? because I read three of them as newbie.

I don't really get abraker's last 2 posts but I'm gonna put that aside for now. But both posts rub me so wrong, I will try to get their context when I'm not lazy.
Ace Timing
yes they are newbie and scum
ty for adjectives
Lincolm
So you like your vote in Hika, your townread, instead your scumread? Interesting choice
rEdo
@Ace Timing: what makes you think Foxtrot is scum?
Ace Timing

Lincolm wrote:

So you like your vote in Hika, your townread, instead your scumread? Interesting choice
I'm exceedingly lazy
Ace Timing

rEdo wrote:

@Ace Timing: what makes you think Foxtrot is scum?
He's got a tone of awkwardness and stiffness that I don't particularly like. I also find a few of his posts quite egregrious.
Ace Timing
p/6176282/
p/6177786/
p/6178103/
p/6181003/

These posts are some examples of such

It's not the scummiest ISO on earth but it's hard to get a baseline like this lol
abraker

Ace Timing wrote:

p/6177786/
Explain how this one indicates scum. Looks like a legit reaction to me.

Ace Timing wrote:

p/6181003/
This one is less, but Hika showed similar concern here, and you have her as town. More parallels between the two on the subject here and here.

Now that I think of it, I don't see anyone show as much concern for my self vote as much as these two. Others had a weak reaction and/or voted on me. rEdo showed some feedback on it, but it's geared toward PoE and without much concern for voting me despite the possible consequences.
abraker
To be clear, I am not implying that they are showing town behavior, but I am implying connections which can be used to draw conclusions from.
Ace Timing

Foxtrot wrote:

abraker wrote:

Well since we can forgive zekks's concerning stupidity, PoE looks sexy as fuck, and I would like to bring my end of the deal, I guess I have no choice either

vote: abraker
No, you do have a choice. And that choice is not to off yourself. Are you trying to do this to make yourself more believable?

Foxtrot wrote:

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

Who's her?
are you deliberately avoiding my question?
It reads sour to me as disingenuous because it looks like he's trying to twist things into being scummy and then asking them if they're doing it. Feels like ez faux-scumhunting
abraker

Ace Timing wrote:

It reads sour to me as disingenuous because it looks like he's trying to twist things into being scummy and then asking them if they're doing it. Feels like ez faux-scumhunting
I am still trying to figure out Foxtrot and have trouble seeing that, but it is a helpful explanation.

Ace Timing wrote:

faux-scumhunting
Still noob enough not to know what this means
Ace Timing

abraker wrote:

Ace Timing wrote:

faux-scumhunting
Still noob enough not to know what this means
faux is a french word for false
abraker
Wow nobody? Did we run out of ideas on how to find scum or something?

RVS vote. Recursive likely hints nothing, though it would be nice of rEdo did say something regarding it

rEdo wrote:

Why are you so mean already :(

I haven't seen Zekks in our recursive town yet, so he must be the bad guy!
Vote: [ - Zekks - ]

This is a response to Zekks saying that he didn't see me, Foxtrot, and john yet. I didn't post after confirming after this point, so I am not show what clone of me rEdo saw, but this ultimately means nothing

rEdo wrote:

I did, except for Foxtrot. Nice try. >:)

null

rEdo wrote:

Actually, I don't recall playing with john, but I saw him on the forums like a month ago or so, that's why I somehow remember him.

Detail picking, but what is interesting is that rEdo completely miss Lincolm's color fiasco as well as him asking too many questions for comfort. Instead rEdo went straight to Zekks. Now this might be due to laziness on mobile judging by how it's hard to fuck up a simple quote box on pc, but then attempting to correct it instead of saying "fuck it" tells me otherwise. So the questions remains open: why didn't rEdo pick up on Lincolm before or after reponding to zekks in that session?

rEdo wrote:

[quote="[ - Zekks - ]"Or I can change my vote to Lincolm, because Foxtrot has decent amount of evidence to support the fact that Lincolm could be the mafia

What do you mean by decent?

rEdo wrote:

wow are you serious that this quote box has fucked up LOL

rEdo wrote:

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

Or I can change my vote to Lincolm, because Foxtrot has decent amount of evidence to support the fact that Lincolm could be the mafia

(oh, I fucked it up.)

rEdo wrote:

Let this one be a lesson to new guys, too: DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS, even if you messed up your formatting. It's third-rate, the content and the intent to send such content is the meat that we want.

null

rEdo wrote:

jesus I forgot to copy my LastPass password for osu! somewhere to log in at work :( I will catch up tomorrow, I don't really have time tonight to do all the stuff.

rEdo wrote:

Back, catching up.

rEdo wrote:

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

I would reconsider my vote, but I don't know to vote for

I might vote for Foxtrot, since she is trying to pin everyone on Lincolm, but that seems kinda weak, but I'll still hold onto that

Or I can change my vote to Lincolm, because Foxtrot has decent amount of evidence to support the fact that Lincolm could be the mafia

What worries me, is the fact that he ignored my question. That was a try to fish out why is he just parrotting the two most active guys. He is either a newb townie that does not really know what is going on, or scum pretending to be one.

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

As long as I'm still alive, no mafia can't stop me ;)

What the hell is this?

[b][color=#FF40BF]At this point Zekks is the center of attention. However, the Lincolm and Foxtrot quarrel shouldn't imply both are town. In fact, what you guys think about the following: Scum are more likely to start a frenzy questioning players in order to blend in. Ofc that is assuming scum are trying to act like town and are overdoing it.

Also I didn't see that question on bottom after my vote initially. I believe I answered it later on, though I am not sure why jump to conclusions and say "why zekks" if that's the case.

To add on to it, since I didn't see the question, I interpreted the vote as a random thing because why not. It didn't help that Lincolm's vote was the actual "why not" one. Because I saw so little care for voting, I decided to go on ahead and vote for myself with the same "why not" behavior while keeping my word from here. But frankly, my initial idea to vote for my self came from Lincom's questioning of why I did RVS, which sparked the idea of what is the most idiot RVS I can do that mafia wouldn't dare do just like that.[/color][/b]

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

I'm just confused, I'm too lazy to look over things asdf. If I die the mafia will have a higher chance of living, so if you decide to kill me off, good luck!

Until this post I thought Zekks was scum, but now I'm somewhat convinced he's just a townie that doesn't give a darn.

Lincolm and Foxtrot 1v1-ish quarrel makes me think they both are town. Zexion is as null as ever, same goes for Hika. Dawnsy goes with analysis over scumhunting, but that's usual for him. Not sure how to read john yet.

Let's try this way.

Unvote
Vote: abraker

Who's scum and why Zekks?

null

rEdo wrote:

oh and back to work, I might check the thread in 2-3 hours or so.

Given zekks's activity since this, rEdo does have a point. Even if that "mafia can't hurt me" whatever was a hint, nothing should excuse zekks's innactivity. Zekks is still active in OT, so I see no excuse for him not to at least post something while logged in. Town read for this one

rEdo wrote:

If you don't give a fuck, why do you even bother playing? If you're town, you might ask for a replacement if you don't want to scumhunt with us. I know this might sound like a neckbeardish thing to say, but we're here to actually play the game, not just chill. A mafia game is somewhat a commitment.

[b][color=#FF40BF]I am most active yet I provide so little information. Well I can say same about Foxtrot, so eh. It does look like the pressuring John thing is sincere.

Also sorry I didn't answer. That's why I put some spacing at the bottom of posts if I think there is a hard to notice snippet at the end.[/color][/b]

rEdo wrote:

Foxtrot wrote:

Zexion wrote:

Besides, why did abraker vote himself after rEdo if he could have just done it without someone else triggering it? I asked rEdo why he chose abraker and he asked me who would I have chosen instead. I straight up told him I don't know. But he also didn't answer my question, instead asking me another one, and that's a way to dodge a question as well.

so let me ask you again rEdo, why abraker?

That's because he's the most active in my could-be-scum-list, and I wanted to pressure him to fish out his reaction. That's how I usually (and I think that's how people should generally) use my vote. Why specifically abraker? He has shown that little information I could work him. I thought of pressuring john first, but then I realised he could scumslip by trying to get back on the Zekks wagon, because that seems like the easiest lynch scum could pull out today. And hell, that's what happened.

I hate the fact that abraker has not answered my question (who's scum?) yet, too. I feel like I forced out his reads, but he doesn't seem to be actually hunting for scum.

This makes it even more sincere. Though if rEdo and John are scum, that is also a nice cover up tactic by taking advantage newbie actions

rEdo wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

I just noticed that quite a few people are still worried about the Zekks train so I take that bit back.

lol

null

rEdo wrote:

Lincolm wrote:

Uhh.. there is also many questions to ask to you but my bet you won't respond them.

Isn't the fact that somebody left a question unanswered also a valuable information to work with?

null? I'm unsure if there is anything to pick from this. Eager to question and interact more with players implying that... I always keep in mind any town action can be scum tactic, but idk what this would lean to if anything

rEdo wrote:

Is anyone alive?

Majority of this looks townie reasoning, except for the last bit. I can see mafia pointing fingers at supposed scumpartner as a diversion/focus.

rEdo wrote:

@mod: Please replace Dawnsday and perhaps extend the deadline. Ace Timing, do you want to play in the end?

Yes, if you're town it WOULD help if you were still a no vote.

By that little I did not mean so little, but a little so I could work with it. Self-voting is a terribly bad idea, especially if you were town. I am not sure but you seem way too egocentric when it comes to playing mafia in general. And I just can't help myself to think this is a scum tell.

My vote stands where it was, as my read on abraker changed from leaning scum to scum.

By the way...

Hika wrote:

abraker ur doing the same thing i dont think is a town move and im not going to vote you because it's dumb

Was that a warning from your scumpartner?[/quote]

Imo, rEdo exhibits more sincere townie actions than I expected from such little activity. Def more town than Hika.
abraker
Thanks, rEdo, now my spoilerbox is fucked up because of you lol
abraker
oh... not only the spoilerbox, some quotes too. Unfortunately since I am dealing with more than 2 nested quotes in this post, I had to use the buggy new forums for this. And by buggy, I mean CSS doesn't allow my to scroll around, making me see only one part of the post. So I will make no effort to fix this considering that and the fact my clock is showing 3:14am.
Foxtrot
sorry guys I had my first day of work today and tomorrow my shift won't end until 3:30 PST but I'll definitely be here after then
Foxtrot

Ace Timing wrote:

Foxtrot wrote:

are you deliberately avoiding my question?
What? I asked them a question and they completely ignored it but because they asked "who's she" that means they actually read it. I was rightfully irritated
rEdo

abraker wrote:

RVS vote. Recursive likely hints nothing, though it would be nice of rEdo did say something regarding it

rEdo wrote:

Why are you so mean already :(

I haven't seen Zekks in our recursive town yet, so he must be the bad guy!
Vote: [ - Zekks - ]
By recursive I just meant that we're playing the mafia game over and over. We keep scumhunting, we keep dying, etcetera. :P

abraker wrote:

Detail picking, but what is interesting is that rEdo completely miss Lincolm's color fiasco as well as him asking too many questions for comfort. Instead rEdo went straight to Zekks. Now this might be due to laziness on mobile judging by how it's hard to fuck up a simple quote box on pc, but then attempting to correct it instead of saying "fuck it" tells me otherwise. So the questions remains open: why didn't rEdo pick up on Lincolm before or after reponding to zekks in that session?
Because I saw that as a RVS quarrel and did not take it seriously, so I'd rather wait and see what people have to say.

abraker wrote:

I am most active yet I provide so little information. Well I can say same about Foxtrot, so eh. It does look like the pressuring John thing is sincere.
I have already addressed that.
rEdo
You literally ignored the fact that I scumread you, or perhaps you must have missed that. So?

john, what do you think of abraker?
johnmedina999

rEdo wrote:

I'm not sure. He has provided ISO analyses for two people so far, and I want to say that he's just trying to move the game forward, as we only have 30 hours left.
He said this:

abraker wrote:

Wow nobody? Did we run out of ideas on how to find scum or something?
and proceeded to analyse an ISO; I want to say that he's just trying to move the game forward (because there was a 9 hour delay between his post and the last) but another possibility would be that he has the largest number of votes and is trying to get them off desperately because he doesn't want to flip scum. Personally, though, I would just say it's the former.
Topic Starter
beeboy123
Day 1, VC 3

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch!

abraker (3) - rEdo, Lincolm, abraker
Hika (1) - Zexion, Ace Timing
rEdo (1) - [ - Zekks - ]
[ - Zekks - ] (1) - Foxtrot
Lincolm (1) - johnmedina999
Not Voting (2) - Hika

Mod Notes - [ - Zekks - ] is being replaced

Deadline: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive
Lincolm
I'm back. I'm really on happiest state in this year that somehow I forgot about this game exist. Also, whatever the majority result is, even if it is myself, town needs to lynch someone to make the game easier for town rather than stalling this game and town get NKed 1 by 1 and let scum win, as we close to deadline.

I'm kinda confused with the context of every interaction right now, but I'm too lazy to reread.

And reminder, everyone need to know if you understand the setup or not, especially the people that I consider newbie. I said I know the setup completely.

Also, IMO this game really lack of serious votes...

Ace Timing wrote:

It's not the scummiest ISO on earth but it's hard to get a baseline like this lol
I think it is very natural response

Foxtrot wrote:

sorry guys I had my first day of work today
Ahoy, mine too.

Nothing more to say. I will try to post large post tonight.

@MOD : Still the same deadline?
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

rEdo wrote:

I want to say that he's just trying to move the game forward (because there was a 9 hour delay between his post and the last) but another possibility would be that he has the largest number of votes and is trying to get them off desperately because he doesn't want to flip scum. Personally, though, I would just say it's the former.
Why not both? Why not because it was worrying not seeing a response for that long with the day nearing end and why not because suicide D1 is an darn awful way to go regardless what alignment I am? I would be lying if I said that I am not looking for reasons to justify changing my vote to someone else. What might happen is that I change my vote a few hours before the day is up, and that will surely make me look like scum even more. I am digging myself further into this hole as I post, but what to do?
show more