forum

[resolved] OpenGL ES Error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Oz
Whenever i try to launch the game, i get this error. I have tried to read various threads about errors similar to this to no avail. I can't launch the game with integrated graphics anymore, i can't go to a older driver because there is no older driver and i'm just completely lost now.

I seem to have issues with OpenGL games in general. Minecraft runs at 15fps on the GTX 1050 while on integrated it's on 40 (???) and overgrowth same story. Anyways, picture, error log and specs is provided.

Hope anyone can help me...

EDIT: Just to provide more info, i have also tried to reinstall both Intel and Nvidia drivers.

ERROR LOG
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=qCSVXvbuc8K9hmU1a6IiOhhNCOcCArp6apJKDwwlY0v66ynrsmQQbvhg_kcuitAk7.#=q9xlNwBXBu84BeEzeutGhiQ==(Int32 #=q7sQgkuBxCIH0Idne7LMmZw==, Int32 #=q0vYm9Q7jR49FFtBS9oFZTw==, GraphicsContextFlags #=qTawA3eCl0WG3zwGVeB2L5w==)
at #=q91va_q8b8kLQTi5myXtiyQzEzT_0AV8wDdyR4McfaWWeqtgtJVy2NUVvhAuaoyJy.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qSi3vzTLuXEENu10nTgrxOg==)
at #=qDKarNEqCQ1GkcHlWRRj$PpGD3Bz6Z$zck9h$J38r8h9E2ieToULvvOV_nkBnaQeb.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qSi3vzTLuXEENu10nTgrxOg==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=q7Ua$ZvVqEHBHz4i4Cxrparc$lhS1NDam3zdJG3AYcTg=.WndProc(Message& #=q8fHCjq9rpTLTqbyxHsF8rg==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Specs
  1. CPU: i5-7300HQ (With Intel HD 630)
  2. GPU: GTX 1050 2GB
  3. RAM: 8GB DDR4
  4. OS: Windows 10 Pro

osu! version: 20160403.6
Venix
t/607022 try it
Topic Starter
_Oz

Venix wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/607022 try it
Let me quote something i said...

_Oz wrote:

I can't launch the game with integrated graphics anymore, i can't go to a older driver because there is no older driver and i'm just completely lost now.
Have already tried to rollback, but as i said there is no older driver because the laptop and it's parts is simply too new. I have tried to install older versions of the intel driver, but no luck.

I have searched around on this forum a lot for solutions, including other forums. I mainly want to get OpenGL working so i can play Osu!.

EDIT 1: Ok, i am gonna try to force that driver through device manager. My computer may BSOD or worse because the driver is not made for the Intel HD 630 but, i am kinda desperate.

EDIT 2: Nah, of course it did not work. While i wait for answers i will try to look for other solutions.
xParanoid22
It might be the osu! compatibility mode (in case you don't know, you can find it in Option>Display, I'm not sure what it does though).
So try these steps:

-look for cfg file in your osu! folder, then open it with notepad (if you wonder which cfg file to open, it's named after your pc's username)
-find "CompatibilityContext", if the value is 1 change to 0
-try running osu! it should be working by now

(I had the same issue recently after I updated my windows. Roll back driver didn't work for me and reinstalling driver seems like a pain in the ass, so I whimsically tried this and it turned out to be quite simple and works for me, at least)
Hope this helps.
Topic Starter
_Oz

xParanoid22 wrote:

It might be the osu! compatibility mode (in case you don't know, you can find it in Option>Display, I'm not sure what it does though).
So try these steps:

-look for cfg file in your osu! folder, then open it with notepad (if you wonder which cfg file to open, it's named after your pc's username)
-find "CompatibilityContext", if the value is 1 change to 0
-try running osu! it should be working by now

(I had the same issue recently after I updated my windows. Roll back driver didn't work for me and reinstalling driver seems like a pain in the ass, so I whimsically tried this and it turned out to be quite simple and works for me, at least)
Hope this helps.
Thank you Paranoid! This worked wonderfully! Such a simple solution.
Well... Time to figure out the other opengl games then...
Only 1 OpenGL game works properly except for Osu! and that game is DOOM. But those issues have nothing to do with Osu! So if possible i am gonna close this thread.