1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings

posted
nothing in here
posted
Both play styles are valid. Don't feel pressured to play with 2 fingers. Single tapping works just fine
posted
Eventually you will have to hit triples, streams, etc with 2 fingers but it's not difficult to learn. Just single tap patterns that are not too fast to single tap. You will get it with time. Full alternating has benefits as well as downsides. Just stick with single tapping.
posted
At some time you will have to use the other finger.
You should stick with whatever you feel comfortable with. Also, singletapping maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/95583&m=0 just feels infinitely better than alternating.
posted
doesn't matter
just play more tbh
posted

StephOsu wrote:

doesn't matter
just play more tbh
:I
posted
Some people say full alternating has more potential or that it's personal preference but if that were true then why don't we see any top players full alternating? It seems like the best way to do it is to single tap as much as possible and then when there's doubles/triples/streams that are too fast to comfortably singletap you alternate. That's how cookiezi, vaxei, etcetera all play.

Just play maps with lots of triples like this https://osu.ppy.sh/b/38853 and you will probably get good at it within a few hours. Once you learn that skill the game instantly becomes way more fun because you can do so many maps that seem impossible before.
posted

mille69 wrote:

Some people say full alternating has more potential or that it's personal preference but if that were true then why don't we see any top players full alternating? It seems like the best way to do it is to single tap as much as possible and then when there's doubles/triples/streams that are too fast to comfortably singletap you alternate. That's how cookiezi, vaxei, etcetera all play.

Just play maps with lots of triples like this https://osu.ppy.sh/b/38853 and you will probably get good at it within a few hours. Once you learn that skill the game instantly becomes way more fun because you can do so many maps that seem impossible before.
there's actually quite a few players that goes full alternate as a playstyle
and also, all the players you mentioned knows how to alternate and they alternate on maps that's too fast for them to singletap
so your argument is pretty invalid
+1 postcount
posted
This gay knows
posted

mille69 wrote:

Some people say full alternating has more potential or that it's personal preference but if that were true then why don't we see any top players full alternating?
Cough firebat and azer cough

Yes the majority single tap, cause their rhythm sense is better with single tap, but when your tapping is intuitive enough you can just alternate and and be less stamina draining
posted

StephOsu wrote:

and also, all the players you mentioned knows how to alternate and they alternate on maps that's too fast for them to singletap
so your argument is pretty invalid
+1 postcount
You didn't read me correctly. I said they singletap as much as possible and alternate when they have to. I do that too and that's what I recommended OP to do.

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Yes the majority single tap, cause their rhythm sense is better with single tap, but when your tapping is intuitive enough you can just alternate and and be less stamina draining
Most people only have stamina problems from streams though, do they not? I mean parts that are slow enough to singletap usually aren't that strenuous.

I'm not saying it's not viable, but if it isn't naturally intuitive, takes a long time to get used to, and doesn't give a major advantage (evidenced by the fact that the top 3 are singletappers), I don't see a point in doing it.

But I take back what I said about personal preference not mattering, if it feels natural I could understand that.
posted
Nah fuk single tapping 240 bpm I have glass bones lul
posted

mille69 wrote:

Most people only have stamina problems from streams though, do they not?
No.

Everyone need to learn alternating.
posted
Ur right this shit is hard xD
Please sign in to reply.