forum

Disable Accuracy on Approval maps. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
They don't add any points to ranked score, they kill our acc, they add some amount of "D,C,B,A" among our S/SS ranks, but they are fucking funny and challenging.

I'm suggesting to disable everything except playcount counter and scoreboard. By disabling these stuff, i guess TAG maps can be approvable again, and some amount of players can enjoy approved maps.

Opinions/Comments.
KRZY
>Doesn't add to score
>Adds to accuracy

Wait this makes no sense

Support.
Hika
This is why my accuracy is why it is now. BOOHOO, support.
Soaprman
Approval maps affecting accuracy but not score never made sense to begin with. And there are people who don't play approval maps because of the effect on their accuracy... this would encourage those people to play too. Support.
xsrsbsns
Yes please, I've always wondered why it's like this.
XPJ38
This would make more sense.

Support.
Wishy
People still caring about accuracy?

I support this anyways.
Ekaru

Wishy22 wrote:

People still caring about accuracy?

I support this anyways.
I agree with this entire post. I don't care about accuracy anymore (though I used to be a giant accuracy whore), but I support this anyways.
Waryas
OMG +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Mismagius
mother of god PLEASE DO IT
winber1
has my support :3

tho i still play random insane approval maps them even if they decrease my accuracy horrendously
koki_old_1
Cheer-no
Approved maps didn't affect accuracy when they were first implemented... wonder why that changed. :o
Ekaru

Cheer-no wrote:

Approved maps didn't affect accuracy when they were first implemented... wonder why that changed. :o
As somebody who was there when they were first implemented, I'm pretty sure they've always affected your accuracy. :o Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.
0_o

Ekaru wrote:

Cheer-no wrote:

As somebody who was there when they were first implemented, I'm pretty sure they've always affected your accuracy. :o Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.
Nope, didn't affect it when I first joined. I remember when it changed too, don't remember getting an answer as to why though.

EDIT: Here's the introduction of Approval maps:
They have a scoreboard, and replays are saved online, but they will not affect any stats (ranked score, total score, play count, accuracy, etc.)
Here's when it changed.
Tenshi
Support. (ノ゚ω゚)ノ彡☆
MoodyRPG
i like this.Support of course
Ekaru
@0_o

See, this is why I say "I could be wrong" when I'm trying to remember things from 3 years ago. :P
SapphireGhost

KRZY wrote:

>Doesn't add to score
>Adds to accuracy

Wait this makes no sense

Support.
Sallad4ever
If this could give approval maps more attention then I totally support this
Zhanger_old
support support support
:(
Raging Bull
As much as I support this, I Think it's going to get denied because of what 0_o linked.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13424&p=137160&hilit=+approved+accuracy#p137160

It was denied by peppy himself so yeah orz
Enna Alouette

Tenshi wrote:

Support. (ノ゚ω゚)ノ彡☆
^
Bittersweet

Raging Bull wrote:

As much as I support this, I Think it's going to get denied because of what 0_o linked.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13424&p=137160&hilit=+approved+accuracy#p137160

It was denied by peppy himself so yeah orz
Didnt see "Denied" in his post. Maybe he was just clarifying that its not a bug or whatever, as someone said in that topic.

About the request, i still dunno if i support or not. Get acc free of approved maps would be a bless, but i knew it would screw my acc (because i fail) if i played them, so its kinda my own fault. Spun Out is there to be used ._.
Dai
yes yes yes
Makar
I also support this.
marshallracer

Bittersweet wrote:

Spun Out is there to be used ._.
This is the reason i guess Acc is also avaliable on approved maps

Anyway, besides of that, i can't tell if i should support this or not, since i think it is - as maybe already mentioned - intended that app. influence Acc.
ziin
Anyone who cares about their statistics, plays spun out/fails in multi on purpose is absolutely silly.

Unless I am mistaken, accuracy is only updated when you beat your previous score on a ranked/approved difficulty, correct?
Weez

ziin wrote:

Anyone who cares about their statistics, plays spun out/fails in multi on purpose is absolutely silly.

Unless I am mistaken, accuracy is only updated when you beat your previous score on a ranked/approved difficulty, correct?
From what I know, yes but I might be wrong.

Anyways I support this! It doesn't effect your score then why should I effect your accuracy?
ziin
Well, Approval maps are still archived maps which have a scoreboard. They still count towards your total score, number of plays, hits, combo, replays watched, and level. The only thing the don't count towards is your ranked score.

Ranked maps are a completely different set of ranking material--They only count once per beatmap set, whereas accuracy counts once per difficulty. Accuracy on approved maps shouldn't be that much different from accuracy on ranked maps, so I don't see what the problem is.

A full combo on an approved marathon has an abnormally large score, which is why it doesn't count towards your ranked score, but accuracy is not a total, it's an average, so approved maps should count towards your total accuracy.

Accuracy is supposed to show how accurate you are on all maps. If you only SS or S songs, or fail songs you know you can't 99%, then you are artificially inflating your accuracy, which renders the number useless.
Ikillforpies

Tenshi wrote:

Support. (ノ゚ω゚)ノ彡☆
VelperK
i liked the TAG part so yeah... support
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
SpunOut mod is unrankable, don't forget that someone cares not only about acc, also rank place on song.
For example, experienced player who cares about accuracy still want to have a rank, for example, on this map http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28158.
I'm not accuracy paranoic, i just care about other players.
Jzh Zehnichi

Louis Cyphre wrote:

[lucky:8bf88]Anyone who cares about their statistics, plays spun out/fails in multi on purpose is absolutely silly.[/lucky:8bf88]
<<< spun out player

totally support this
Ijah_old

I did not know approved maps effected accuracy at first, I learned the hard way...

I support this!
eldnl
Support but I don't have votes months ago :l
Wishy
Is anyone here supporting this for any other reason than "I have many approved maps with D!!!"?
Tenshi

Wishy22 wrote:

Is anyone here supporting this for any other reason than "I have many approved maps with D!!!"?
Me. I don't have any bad scores on approved maps (that I can remember) since I'm one of those people that care about statistics, but I'm still supporting for the reason of it would persuade people like me to play them without worrying about stats, especially TAG difficulties.

Heck, it would probably lower my accuracy rather than raise it, lol, but I love approved maps. <3
Wishy
Ok I'll correct myself:

Is anyone supporting this for any other reason than having a higher accuracy overall? If a map is too hard for you then you shouldn't play it.
Soaprman
Here's an idea: disable all stats for approval maps. That changes approved maps from "ranked maps without ranked score" maps that they are now to "just for fun" maps.
Raging Bull
Sounds like any map in pending or graveyard.
Soaprman
Exactly. Modding aside, don't people play approved maps and pending/graved maps for the same reason? I can't see why anybody would play approval maps for stats (except maybe replay views) when ranked maps do that job so much better.
Tenshi

Soaprman wrote:

Here's an idea: disable all stats for approval maps. That changes approved maps from "ranked maps without ranked score" maps that they are now to "just for fun" maps.
Personally, I'd be okay with that since that's really how it is for me, but that's just me.

Another possible problem is that I don't know of any ranked maps with 2,000+ combo, so it would make getting that achievement impossible unless it was excluded from being disabled (if there is one, then disregard this).
Raging Bull
Well I played an Doomy's marathon when it was approved and got non stop dancer. Now that it's back in pending, I lost that achievement. So yeah, it would make people lose their achievement. (Not that it matters much to me, but maybe more to others)
hoLysoup

KRZY wrote:

>Doesn't add to score
>Adds to accuracy

Wait this makes no sense

Support.
Wishy
Make another category apart from approval? Like "Special" or "Extra" maps with a scoreboard and shit (move to that category all TAG maps and almost impossible to do stuff) and make them not affect your stats AT ALL. Plus with this you could get smarter and start "approving" (sending to this new category) spectacular maps that will never EVER get approved because most people can't actually play them (and will never do since they will never try to because they have no scoreboard whatsoever). So cool story you guys get your accuracy back, inb4 Airman and many MANY other great maps can get "ranked" and we are all happy, then you have 3 categories:

Ranked: average maps.
Approved: very good maps overall.
Special/Extra: eventually most of the best maps gonna be here.
Card N'FoRcE

Wishy22 wrote:

Make another category apart from approval? Like "Special" or "Extra" maps with a scoreboard and shit (move to that category all TAG maps and almost impossible to do stuff) and make them not affect your stats AT ALL. Plus with this you could get smarter and start "approving" (sending to this new category) spectacular maps that will never EVER get approved because most people can't actually play them (and will never do since they will never try to because they have no scoreboard whatsoever). So cool story you guys get your accuracy back, inb4 Airman and many MANY other great maps can get "ranked" and we are all happy, then you have 3 categories:

This "3rd category" thing has been proposed in the newrules discussions by me and some other people as well, and i reported it some time ago in this post:

viewtopic.php?p=968375#p968375

That said, i would REALLY like to see this 3rd category featuring some kind of gimmik/weird/whatever-to-be-defined mapsets. That would also avoid a lot of pointless drama when an experienced mapper tries to make something new by breaking some rules but it turns out great and deserves recognition.
Or just revert Approval to the old method when it didn't count for anything (score/accuracy/etc) and gimmick maps were allowed in there as well.
Rena-chan

ziin wrote:

Well, Approval maps are still archived maps which have a scoreboard. They still count towards your total score, number of plays, hits, combo, replays watched, and level. The only thing the don't count towards is your ranked score.

Ranked maps are a completely different set of ranking material--They only count once per beatmap set, whereas accuracy counts once per difficulty. Accuracy on approved maps shouldn't be that much different from accuracy on ranked maps, so I don't see what the problem is.

A full combo on an approved marathon has an abnormally large score, which is why it doesn't count towards your ranked score, but accuracy is not a total, it's an average, so approved maps should count towards your total accuracy.

Accuracy is supposed to show how accurate you are on all maps. If you only SS or S songs, or fail songs you know you can't 99%, then you are artificially inflating your accuracy, which renders the number useless.
This. I don't support this "feature request."
mekadon_old
Despite this sounds good for people who cared for their accuracy, I don't really support this as I play random Insane maps without SpunOut. Added to the fact that I spin much faster than SpunOut (plus SpunOut failed most of the time in my netbook)

So no support.
Soaprman

Wishy22 wrote:

I don't think it's as much about map quality as it is about the rules the maps are allowed to break...

I'm about as support-the-third-category as you get but I'm not sure how well it would fulfill the intent of the feature request here. Then you'll get people who care too much wishing their favorite maps were in that category instead of in approved. I don't know a good way to remedy this.
show more