forum

Quests. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
sallygwizz38
How about you do Quests and not just points you gained from the song, bonus points, and also "Quest Level", that you need to complete Quests to pass. and youll need to be a certain Quest Level to buy things in the shop. Example: Score 50,000 on Hatsune Mike - Vegatble Juice (po Pi Po) (Kyo's Mix) , prize 100,000 total score instead of 50,000, 100 Quest XP, ban - time removal (5 min)x2, and another 3,000 bonus points.
Shiirn
haha no
Sakura
Uhh, this isnt an MMORPG where you grind and do quests; aditionally, removing ban time... what?
ouranhshc
that reminds me, what happened to the Challenge thing
Galkan
Pretty much it's the dumbest idea I've ever read in this subforum.

Hatsune Mike
ó_ó'
Agnes
brb, laughing until i die.
Starrodkirby86
Yeah, these were essentially "Challenges" that ouranhshc alluded to. For anyone who don't know what a Challenge is, around some time in 2010 BanchoBot periodically made announcements to complete a song in a certain condition. They are all randomized, and there's a time limit before it cycles again and goes to the next challenge. It sort of reminds me of Ragnarok Online, which was really cool.

I do wonder what happened to that, since I wasn't that active to see the comings and goings on it at the time.

In the meantime, for any osu! challenge missions and whatever, try participating in the osu!marathon, here. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=56948
However, it's for experts only. And by experts, I mean, truly experts.
Backfire

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Yeah, these were essentially "Challenges" that ouranhshc alluded to. For anyone who don't know what a Challenge is, around some time in 2010 BanchoBot periodically made announcements to complete a song in a certain condition. They are all randomized, and there's a time limit before it cycles again and goes to the next challenge. It sort of reminds me of Ragnarok Online, which was really cool.

I do wonder what happened to that, since I wasn't that active to see the comings and goings on it at the time.

In the meantime, for any osu! challenge missions and whatever, try participating in the osu!marathon, here. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=56948
However, it's for experts only. And by experts, I mean, truly experts.
But sally IS an expert.
Starrodkirby86
Ohhh you, Backfire. Ohhh, you~
James2250
Basically what Kirby said, we might have those challenges back at some point though.

However having an XP system in osu! just isn't practical. There wouldn't really be anything to buy (reducing ban time by using XP wouldn't ever happen) and wouldn't fit in with the rest of the game.
Shohei Ohtani

sallygwizz38 wrote:

ban - time removal (5 min)x2
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/143395
Sander-Don
I don't see why we even have an exp bar with level ups etc, they serve no purpose but show how much you play.