forum

[invalid] I need help finding the part of the rules regarding foulplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LastExceed
This is a serious question. The wiki and rules have changed and I can't find anything other than "don't give cheaters attention in chat"
amax
foulplay as in

...cheating?

(that's a restrictable offense by the way)

Ill look for the rules for you, sit tight

EDIT: I couldn't find the rules on the wiki either, guess you can just wait for a moderator to reply since this is already a very mew thread
Sandy Hoey
Report on their profile or in chat using !report <username> <reason>

Dont create posts on the forums or talk about them in chat
amax

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Report on their profile or in chat using !report <username> <reason>

Dont create posts on the forums or talk about them in chat
I think he means something else. I'm not even entirely sure myself
Lyawi
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Rules

Rules wrote:

Encourage fair play, and don't give attention to cheaters or other toxic users. These people unfortunately do exist, and giving them attention can encourage them to continue, or provoke others to act as they do. Report them via the chat command !report or the buttons on their profile page and move on.
Topic Starter
LastExceed
Great. 3 people replied but only one of them understood. I guess I'll have to clarify by giving some context:

MWC4k2017 registrations opened and they state that you musn't have broken the rules in the past 12 months. I've been restricted for having CheatEngine running in the background (not osu! related). It shouldn't be a problem, this it's not the first time this happened after all. But since the rules changed I need to re-read them to find out exactly how they're phrased (for this reason a TL;DR won't suffice).

please don't give a reply like "it won't be a problem", I am genuinely interested in finding that section of the rules
Lyawi

LastExceed wrote:

Great. 3 people replied but only one of them understood.
No wonder when you're talking about cheating first lol, reading the context doesn't make any sense to your main post in my view

To your question, I would advise you to ask managers of that, Loctav for example
I assume non-staffs can answer you to that without being sure
Lacrimosa
The rules regarding official tournaments haven't changed. If you think you were falsely restricted in the past year, and you should be allowed to compete in MWC4K (or any officially hosted tournament), send an appeal at tournaments@ppy.sh regarding your case and providing convincing reasons as to why they should let you participate.
Dntm8kmeeatu
If you register and get denied, you'll know why.
Topic Starter
LastExceed
Is it actually that hard to just take the question the way it was stated? I know how all this works. I had the exact same situation last year too. I don't want you to judge the situation, I just want to find the part of the rules that at least says "using 3rd party software that manipulates the game is forbidden" or anything like that. I can hardly believe that the rules don't have anything like that.
Caput Mortuum
For some reason it's gone.
I remember seeing something along the line of "Modifying the client" and "Removing human element from the game" under the client rules but it's not there anymore.
Topic Starter
LastExceed
Yeah I remember it too. Weird...
Dntm8kmeeatu
The rules were recently reworked and re-worded to be a bit more encouraging. This could be an oversight.

However, you should be able to use some common sense to know that doing something like that isn't allowed.
Topic Starter
LastExceed

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

However, you should be able to use some common sense to know that doing something like that isn't allowed.
Well, to my personal common sense this should be absolutely no problem. CE was not attached to osu!, I just forgot to close it. But I guess I'll have to hold this conversation with the tournament staff