forum

Meg & Dia - Bored of Your Love

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Larto
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Mittwoch, 28. September 2011 at 19:51:55

Artist: Meg & Dia
Title: Bored of Your Love
Tags: meg and dia here, here and here here and here tom higgenson plain white ts plain white t's
BPM: 148
Filesize: 4630kb
Play Time: 02:46
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,81 stars, 161 notes)
  2. Hard (4,42 stars, 229 notes)
  3. Insane (4,74 stars, 314 notes)
  4. Normal (3,52 stars, 197 notes)
Download: Meg & Dia - Bored of Your Love
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I'm sorry, I just can't let you.

Alternative Background:

Copyright 2011 SapphireGhost
OzzyOzrock
I'm here before Sapphy. This is a bad thing. Oh what to do what to do...

I'll just drop 2 stars like he does.
Huskatron
NotShinta
Lovely beatmap, all difficulties, as always. Why not start with that?

General:
- In my opinion, the bridge would sound better without the tick sounds. They seem a bit soft in contrast to how the song builds up there. And I like the cute little 1/3 instrumental bit.
- Some might say 'Of' should be uncapitalised.
- That background. It seems a bit silly to have a background like that for a song like this without going all out on SB and everything, and that's not going to happen (?). Perhaps you can find a more appropriate one? I'm sorry Sapphire, I love your art, but I'm sure you understand. In fact, I feel bad that I've implied that you are sensitive now, despite sensitivity being a good quality in moderation, so I will provide you with a story. Today, I purchased some muffins, from a supermarket called ASDA, which I honestly don't like as much as Tesco. They were blueberry muffins, and I knew I liked blueberries, but hadn't had muffins in several years. So when I finally got my precious muffins home, I smelt them and I nearly threw up from the sweetness. Well, not really, but I felt like I was going to; perhaps fresh ones are nice, but they just didn't smell healthy. So I was thinking instead of having these awful treats go to waste, why don't I do something with them? You know, maybe dye them blue. Perhaps put them on my head? Mash them up and make interesting imagery with them and take photographs of the result? See, people underestimate what you can do with anything. OK Go told a sweet story with imprinting toast technology things and 215 loaves of bread. I suppose most people would throw bread away when it's gone a bit funny, and I guess that's fair enough. You can also feed the homeless if you don't have a creative mind. Or even if you do. But I don't really care, it's just a bit of fun. I'm starting to idolise Wayne Coyne, who made a poster out of his own blood. And is amazing.
- You should probably use the same tags you did on "Are Their Giants Too..." for the same reasons.

Collaboration with Oneself:
- It seems a bit strange to call this difficulty "Collab" when the joke it implies is spread across the other difficulties, as well. Unless you're channelling that other guy who names his hardest difficulty something out of place.
01:18:221 (2,3) - Maybe reverse the order of these, since (2) is slightly hidden as it is (though not too much, mind you) and reversed seems like a more natural direction. Maybe.
02:20:991 (1,2,3) - This spacing confused me on first play. However, looking at it now, I have come to the conclusion that I am an idiot. Make of that what you will.
02:23:626 (11,13) - You could move these a grid down, so that (02:23:355 (10,11,13)) form a straight line and 11 doesn't overlap 9 more than 8. Tiny, yes, but it bugged me that little bit!

Hard:
01:40:653 - Missing kiai time. It's okay, sir. Also, I'm so used to this level of difficulty being an Insane from you.
02:08:221 (1) - I think this works slightly better with a repeat removed and the spinner adjusted if you like. Except I'm not exactly sure why! See what you think.
02:30:721 (2) - Moedaril would be disappointed with this spacing. And a lot of the spacing in the map. I could point them out but they won't because they play fine. I just noticed this one especially. Yes.
02:37:815 (1) - This drop in spacing might be difficult to read considering the previous 1/3 section uses similar looking spacing. I believe.

Normal:
00:25:248 (5,6) - Only HP bar touchage I had noticed. Well done!
01:17:950 (1,2,3) - THESE SLIDERS! Are not very good! Compared to the last chorus's equivalent, I mean.
01:23:626 (6) - Might as well move this a grid left for symmetry. I mean, really.

Easy:
00:34:977 (1,2,3) - Nice spacing increase here. (Or decrease on 00:32:950 (1,2,3,4), hmm? Yes, yes.) Could be a bit shocking for Easy players. It might end like this. I'm always on about the Easy players, me, because it makes me seem thoughtful. Basically, might be confusing.
02:09:031 (2) - I'd personally make the ending of this more hearable, because one expects that from a slider. Still quiet, though. The same goes for the other one in the next combo on.

By the way, one of my muffins is being nibbled on by one of my cats. Note how I worded that, I don't want to appear to be talking about my cats too much, so I changed the focus of the sentence to muffins instead. I can't remember the actual smartarse English term for that, if there is one.

Also, by the time they're done, my mod posts just look like lines and lines of shaped lines to me. Maybe I should shorten my explanations a bit. Or not talk about cats or muffins or songs or ponies or QR codes or Marina. But then I'd have sold out. Then again, my actual amount of points for each difficulty actually look briefer than I expect. Why is the formspring logo white.
Katsuri
General

1. Why don't you change your tags to something serious like the name of your mapping project or other stuff? The way they are at moment looks really like a joke for a pending map.
  2. 02:14:707 - Here your timing sections to finish kiais are not snapped, snap them.
  3. Don't know about Hitsounds on ticks, I don't like.
  4. Loved your ComboColors
  5. Collab between Larto and Larto :O

Easy

1. 02:12:274 (2) - The end of this sliders doesn't make sense, It finishes on a random points, you know what I mean! Fix it.
  2. You have some HitSounds that I have to point out, but they are Good at all.
    1. 00:34:167 (4) - The whistle with finish doesn't look good, I suggest you to just remove the whitle and maybe make the finish with soft HitSound.
    2. 00:35:788 (3) - Here I still suggest you to remove the whistle and keep the finish, but this way with Normal HitSounds
  3. You have more than 3 slider speed changes in this map, and on the guideLines the maximum is 3.
Normal

1. You have more than 3 slider speed changes in this map, and on the guideLines the maximum is 3.
  2. 01:39:842 - I suggest you to add a note here, because makes the (5) too much easier to hit, It's really sudden when you are following 1/2 beats all the time.
  3. Some HitSounds bothered me when I was modding, I'll point them out:
    1. 01:00:923 (5) - When I'm playing drum, I usually play the cymbal open on a pre-chorus like this, I suggest you to use whistle instead finish here, because Normal-Whistle looks more like a cymbal open than a finish imo
    2. 01:15:518 (2,2) - To keep the Drums rhythm I suggest you to ad clap on the end of these sliders.
    3. 01:17:950 (1) - You stoped adding HitSounds here, why? Add a clap on the end? And the same for next sliders.
    4. 01:36:397 (6) - To make a nice fill-in here I suggest you add clap on the 3 notes of this slider.
    5. 02:01:734 (1) - The clap on the last note looks A LOT random here, I suggest you to remove it and add the clap on the second note of the slider.
    6. 02:03:356 (1) - And to keep the rhythm consistent, add a clap on the second note of this slider.
    7. So you have clap on 02:18:761 (3) - but there is no clap on 02:20:383 (2) - ?
    8. 02:24:437 (1) - This clap on the end of this slider follows nothing, Suggest you to remove from the end and add a whistle on the start of 02:26:058 (3) - to keep the rhythm all consistent.
Hard

1. 02:12:274 (1,1) - Heh, These spinners less than 10ms apart :O
  2. You have more than 3 slider speed changes in this map, and on the guideLines the maximum is 3.
  3. On this diff the HitSounds was not bothering me, they just was not here, You need to add some HitSounds, I'll point some of them:
    1. 01:02:342 (4) - To follow the drums add a clap on the end is fine.
    2. 01:03:964 (3) - And to keep the rhythm consistent just add a clap on the end of this slider.
    3. 01:31:531 (3) - To make a good rhythm break here using a fill-in I suggest you to add a clap on the 3 beats of this Slider.
    4. 01:34:775 (3) - And to keep the rhythm the same..
    5. 01:38:018 (2) - Here too?
Insane

1. You have more than 3 slider speed changes in this map, and on the guideLines the maximum is 3.
  2. Perfect, enjoyed a lot.
I will recheck later and then give you a kudosu star(Because I can't bubble)

Can you avaliate my mod with a note by 1 to 10?
The points:
  1. Post Design
  2. English
  3. Useful suggestions
  4. Other("Feel free to comment suggestions and stuff here.")
SapphireGhost
HOW DID I NOT MOD THIS...
*ahem* Proper mod time, I suppose.

We mod something like it was in a detailed novel
[Prologue]
- Perhaps, and just as a maybe, because pondering can be bad for the brain if one does it in excess, though getting one's trail of thought in order was also important, there should be less commas in this sentence. In addition to that, it would be worth wondering if Tick Rate 2 is the most appropriate selection you can use here, or perhaps Tick Rate 1 would better serve the parts of the song that the former Tick Rate could possibly not handle as well. Ponder over this, give it some time to settle in your brain like water that slowly sinks into a sponge, and then once you've come to a definite conclusion, do firmly change (or not change) the Tick Rate and I will trust in you as a mapper to do the correct thing for another beautiful beatmap that you have created for this community to enjoy and cherish.

[Difficulty That Can Be Played By Newer Players]
01:41:464 (2) - And it was at this point in time when suddenly, like a mustard jar with its lid poised slightly to the side, a note had appeared on the screen. There was a place for everything, but the note was not quite in its place. That note, it had been decided, was off-center by just a touch. A smidge. A hair's breadth, even. Though moving that note one grid to the left would easily solve that rather persnickety conundrum.
02:00:112 (3,1,2) - Oi! The placement of the notes appeared to be rather... ghastly wasn't the word. No, that was simply too strong for what was not quite as offensive a placement of notes as it could have been. It was a bit disturbing, not in that it was graphic in nature, or in any way psychologically traumatizing, but more that the placement of the notes could be more attractive, for example one could imagine the start of (2) being taken out from under the end of (1). Yes, that would be the solution to this enigma. And that would have to do.

[Difficulty Meant To Be Played By Experienced Players, People Who Think They Know What They're Doing But Actually Don't, and People Who Are Playing It Just For the Points]
02:40:788 (1) - There it was, like a kindergartner in a parade of college graduates. A singing rabbit at a funeral. Or perhaps even, the musings of an eccentric Nintendo character as put into the works of William Shakespeare. But either way, it was undeniable that what you had here was out of place. Completely different, an outcast, even perhaps a sort of odd abnormality that would have to be quarantined and locked away, never to be seen again. But either way, it was quite clear, and easy to see that this sentence is redundant and that the writer that will tell you what to say, despite the artist making you out of clay, and then this whole thing ended up as an incredible disaster, so I shall clean this mess up by attaching a period to the end of this long string of words and declaring it a poorly written sentence. Either way, the only solution to this conundrum is to snap the spinner to the blue tick as opposed to the purple tick, as that is how it would fit along best with the other ones, and won't have to be socially awkward and homeless and grow up to die, have cancer, and turn into a poorly-rated celebrity that does nothing but do drugs until their heart falls out onto a paper platter and Florence drags her teeth across it.
Boring Mod...
[General]
- Use Tick Rate 1 due to the 1/3 sections? I don't know. Think about it.

[Easy]
01:41:464 (2) - Center this note.
02:00:112 (3,1,2) - Arrangement of these notes could look better, take the start of (2) out from under the end of (1)?

[Insane]
02:40:788 (1) - Start this spinner on the blue tick.

I was tired, okay? Really tired. Might check for more later.
Huskatron
Slider tick rate: 1 sounds more natural to me.

+1 star for this lovely map <3
GladiOol
[General]
  1. TAGs 'meg and dia here, here and here here and here' D:
  2. Genius new combo placement <3
[Hard]

00:09:437 (3) - Add new combo.
00:09:640 (1) - Remove new combo. (This is also the way you have it in Insane~)
00:31:734 (5,1) - D:
00:56:869 (3,4) - Reverse section? It would suit this 00:55:248 (1,2) jump better.

[Normal]

00:31:734 (4,1) - D:

[Easy]

00:32:950 (1,3) - D:
NotShinta
Hello! I see you!

Dia shouts before the generic wild. The bedroom rephrases the nun. Dia reasons across a technology. Does an elevator fuss? Meg decays under Dia. Meg renders the accompanying bigot.

But before I forget, the evil unsexy male vocalist on this song is apparently Tom Higgenson, of the Plain White T's; both of those things could go in tags, for searching and even possibly crediting purposes. Plus, in the verses especially, the normal hitsounds can sound a bit too loud compared to the softness of the song at those points. It might not hurt to switch between them or decrease volume appropriately, but I'm sure you realise constant 1/2 softnormals isn't pleasant in most cases.

Lastly, I don't like how the storyboarded names seem to be doing nothing but stand there like Radiohead concert goers most of the time. The 'flash' at the finish felt a bit too quick and sudden for me, in contrast to the slow backing of the song. It could work if it took more time fading out, perhaps; but during the most powerful point in the song, it would be a lot more interesting if they did something, even if it's like, pulse, especially during the kiai restreams after the chorus, and the similar 1/3 moments in said chorus. It's your map, you think of something, you're the one with the attention span, I'm too busy dreaming.

For some reason, these things come to me after a few mods after mine. Maybe I just feel more comfortable that way and therefore practically thinking. Who knows. That's my excuse. I might have another full look at the mapset later, but who knows, I can't promise a bubble.
Lesjuh
Insane
02:37:138 (8) - Unsnapped
02:46:481 (2) - Unsnapped
02:43:896 - Two sections on each other
02:45:610 - Two sections on each other
02:46:467 - Two sections on each other
01:40:754 (1) - Auto should at least be able to score 2000 on a spinner
01:41:362 (1) - Auto should at least be able to score 2000 on a spinner

Hard

Normal
01:24:538 (1) - Add finish

Easy

Fix and I'll bubble (:
Lesjuh
Bubbled! Love the Rolled-ish flow on it <3
Alace
I really love this song!!
it touches me

well i think offset +8 play better
cool custom combo using \:D/

EDIT: good now~
Sakura
Ok Larto you need to stop convincing me to mod your awesome maps

Ranked~

j/k ilu <3
Nymph
This song is great!
Verdisphena
I really love you Larto.
Grats :)
OzzyOzrock
OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH

I AM GOING TO SING THIS AND REPLACE THE AUDIO NOW

AND IT'LL BE A COLLAB WITH MYSELF

EDIT: YEAH doesn't look like a word anymore.
Gonzvlo
Oh my god, I didn't notice that this was ranked already.

Congrats Larto, lovely map!

EDIT: Missed the bunnies, again.

FireballFlame
These triplets are fun <3
IkkiMinami
:)
IceBeam
the best collab ever was