forum

Noriyuki Iwadare, Yasuko Yamada - Confess the Truth 2009

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HikaruAikawa
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on lunes, 05 de noviembre de 2012 at 10:39:11

Artist: Noriyuki Iwadare, Yasuko Yamada
Title: Confess the Truth 2009
Source: Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations
Tags: capcom AAI OST
BPM: 90
Filesize: 1980kb
Play Time: 01:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Average Detective (2,84 stars, 67 notes)
  2. Gumshoe (1,1 stars, 44 notes)
  3. High Prosecutor (4,32 stars, 97 notes)
Download: Noriyuki Iwadare, Yasuko Yamada - Confess the Truth 2009
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well, this is my second beatmap... I've wanted to make it since I registered here, this is my favourite song from the game (I use it as a ringtone). I hope you like it.
I made a new, easier difficulty, "Gumshoe".

Edit: Raised the volume of the notes, and made the Gumshoe difficulty a little bit longer.
Edit 2: Shortened the whole song, and changed the position of almost every circle and slider. Also, lowered the difficulty settings on Insane.
Edit 3: Revived! Yay! Also, replayed it and changed a few things that looked strange (I renamed the "insane" difficulty "hard", because... well, I can beat it).
Edit 4: Fixed (?) the sliders in Gumshoe, and changed a lot of sounds and note positions.
Edit 5: After a REALLY long time, I'm back! I really hope you guys can help me with this beatmap, so I'll be asking for modding.
Edit 6: Fixed a couple things here and there. I think the map still needs some improvement, but it's getting closer!
NastCF
Pretty solid map :3 I would just advise you to raise the sample volume in Song Setup -> Audio. Other than that.. it's probably just me, but I thought the Easy difficulty ended kinda early ^^;

Looking forward to seeing this approved (and ranked of course) :3
Topic Starter
HikaruAikawa

NastCF wrote:

Pretty solid map :3 I would just advise you to raise the sample volume in Song Setup -> Audio. Other than that.. it's probably just me, but I thought the Easy difficulty ended kinda early ^^;

Looking forward to seeing this approved (and ranked of course) :3
Thanks a lot! I already corrected that.
About the notes, I always tend to lower the volume so that I can hear the beat of the song, and I forget to turn it back to normal xD
And about the Gumshoe difficulty, it wasn't you. I usually make harder difficulties longer, but maybe it was too short in this case. I already added a short ending.
Thanks again! ^^
NastCF

HikaruAikawa wrote:

Thanks a lot! I already corrected that.
About the notes, I always tend to lower the volume so that I can hear the beat of the song, and I forget to turn it back to normal xD
And about the Gumshoe difficulty, it wasn't you. I usually make harder difficulties longer, but maybe it was too short in this case. I already added a short ending.
Thanks again! ^^
Actually, when I said that I meant the spinner ended only a few seconds early xP But what you did is even better, so it's alright. And you're welcome :3
DarkDunskin
Fast Mod because I like Edgey :3

General:
- Don't give kudosu! for posts like the one above me. It obviously didn't help to improve your map. Giving kudosu! though to these kind of posts only ends up in getting a denial by a BAT or MAT and having -1 kudosu! left, like in my case T-T
- I highly recommend to shorten your map to 1:11:00 because of two reasons:
1. You don't need to map the same Parts twice, it gets too monotone really fast.
2. Short maps are modded more often, that means you get a higher chance to get it ranked sometimes :3
If you need help cutting the Mp3 just PM me.
- delete the .osb file in your song folder, since you have no SB. Then Full-Submit the map again.

Easy:
- You definitly have to work on your sliders here, I suggest using a higher Grid lvl like 3 or 4. That gives you more options to move the slider points.
- 00:11:166 (2) - spacing between (1) and (2) not right here. Correct spacing between (2) and the next (1) too afterwards.
- 00:18:333 (2) - ^ same here

While I'd say your rhytmical patterns are okay here, the sliders aren't the best ^^"
I suggest, while overworking the sliders, to resnap every note with a higher grid lvl, so that the spacing issues disappear too.

Normal:
- definitly decrease the circle size by -1, increase the Distance Snap Multiplicator by +0,2 (hold Alt) instead, dont forget to check spacing between notes afterwards.
- 00:29:00 (2) - Bad overlay :/
- sliders are much better here, but you should work with a higher Grid lvl here too.
- I don't like these 1/3 notes, I believe they dont fit :/

Increasing the DSM means a lot of work, maybe even remapping the hole difficulty, but it will look much nicer if you do.

Insane:
- WooooooooW I suggest: HP-Drain: 7; Circle Size:5 Aproach Rate: 7; Overall Difficulty: 8.
Settings are too hard (at least if want this one ranked), also no one maps with such small circles anymore o.0
- Distance should be x1,0~x1,2
- 00:29:00 (1-8) - Don't stack too much :)

Well I like the rythm here, sliders are good too but it feels a bit too straight and static.

Waaaaaahhh short Mod turned out to be very long T-T
Please don't hate me for that, see these suggestions as some mapping-advice.
Still, if you keep up mapping this one, you surely get better.
And with some more help you could come very far.
I wish you good luck~
NastCF
I agree with DarkDunskin on the kudosu thing ^^; not to sound ungrateful of course.
Topic Starter
HikaruAikawa
... Sorry about that kudosu thing, but... seriously... I don't remember giving kudosu for that post. I know that's against the rules.

Well, that's a LOT to change xD I'll put myself to work right now. Thank you for all the advice, it must have taken you a while. It'll take a lot of work, but I want this beatmap ranked ò.ó (I just love this song)
Thanks again!

Edit: Forgot!
By the "work on the sliders" on Easy you mean how they're not aligned with the hit circles?
On Normal, so you mean after changing that I have to redo the whole map?
Same on Insane.

Edit 2: Nevermind, I already changed it. But what did you mean by "1/3 notes"? All the song is in 1/4.
NastCF
I've found some timing issues but I don't remember if they were there before.

The BPM on Easy is way off toward the end :x This is because of an unnecessary timing point you created at 00:48:394. Just remove it and everything should be normal, though you'll probably have to resnap that part of the map.

On Insane, change the offset to 2.994 and bpm to 90,00. They're minor differences, but yeah ^^;
Topic Starter
HikaruAikawa

NastCF wrote:

I've found some timing issues but I don't remember if they were there before.

The BPM on Easy is way off toward the end :x This is because of an unnecessary timing point you created at 00:48:394. Just remove it and everything should be normal, though you'll probably have to resnap that part of the map.

On Insane, change the offset to 2.994 and bpm to 90,00. They're minor differences, but yeah ^^;
I know they're minor, but I want the map to be as good as possible. This is my second map, so it has lots of fails.
I changed the easy thing, thanks, but about the insane... I don't know... With that BPM, doesn't the timing sound a little bit off to the end? Or is it just me?
NastCF

HikaruAikawa wrote:

I know they're minor, but I want the map to be as good as possible. This is my second map, so it has lots of fails.
I changed the easy thing, thanks, but about the insane... I don't know... With that BPM, doesn't the timing sound a little bit off to the end? Or is it just me?
It sounds okay to me.. but just to be safe, maybe we could get someone else to test the BPM.
Topic Starter
HikaruAikawa

NastCF wrote:

HikaruAikawa wrote:

It sounds okay to me.. but just to be safe, maybe we could get someone else to test the BPM.
I asked a friend of mine and he says it's OK. So I'll leave it like this. Thanks a lot!
Kurokami
Graveyard. X_X I want see this map on the ranked list. :D
Kei
Hola :3 como veo que eres de españa te hablaré en español~
Quiero que rankeen este map, me gusta mucho la canción *-*
Bueno quería preguntarte si podría hacer una guest. Me gustan mucho todos los juegos Ace Attorney y.. eso, quiero ayudar :3
Topic Starter
HikaruAikawa

Kei wrote:

Hola :3 como veo que eres de españa te hablaré en español~
Quiero que rankeen este map, me gusta mucho la canción *-*
Bueno quería preguntarte si podría hacer una guest. Me gustan mucho todos los juegos Ace Attorney y.. eso, quiero ayudar :3
¡Claro, sin problemas! Te lo agradecería mucho ^^
Eso sí, no sé muy bien cómo funciona esto aún, así que tendrás que explicarme cómo añadirla y tal...
Nitojgrem
Ok, Mod time :D (because of #modreqs from yesterday)

First:
X Change it!
X Maybe? Not sure!
X Suggestions!
(It yould be that I use one or two times Red instead of Green (Green is otherwise not used...) but it's not a quit Problem 'cause this are Points I was a little bit not sure.
Aaaaand I've used Spoilerboxes because I found that the post would be to long.

General:
- Change the Tags; Don't write something in the Tags which is in the Artis, Title and source X
- I'll write you know how you add a guest diff. so Kei don't have to do this:
Kei will write a post when she finished the guest diff - then she will write something random and add a Attachement to the post - then you have to downlaod it and put it into the song folder of this song - then a full subit BECAUSE you have to add Kei's Name then to the Tags!
- Make the hit vol.to 75-80 X
- What have DarkDunskin said? X
delete the .osb file in your song folder, since you have no SB. Then Full-Submit the map again.
- Have a look at this Thread http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37194 (I like it to post this xD) It should help you a little bit with the sliders because I find that some of your Sliders (Gumshoe <.<) looks ... a little bit boring or something like this.. X

Gumshoe
SPOILER
Oh yeah, i like this name xD
- OD + 1-2 X
I don't like a lot some of the sliders in this diff... because of that the Link under General - Before you ask why they are boring or something like this, is because the slider is long and then there is such a short end ._. Please don't take it personally :D

00:09:701 (1) - First slider... It looks okay, but it looks more better like this:http://puu.sh/805l X
00:13:701 (3) - Another Slider which is boring make it for example like this or so: http://puu.sh/805Z X
00:16:368 (1) - Boooring:http://puu.sh/806G X
00:19:035 (1) - ^ http://puu.sh/807o; Add Clap X
00:24:368 (3) - Ok, for now I'll NOT post more Push links, I only say "Slider"! - Slider
00:27:701 (1) - Slider X
00:31:035 (3) - ^ X
00:34:368 (3) - ^ X
00:34:368 (3) - Add finish X
00:52:034 (3) - Slider X
00:57:368 (4) - ^ X
01:02:701 (4) - ^ X
01:08:034 (4) - ^ (Little bit confusing with the next point becausse it's not all after the timelline, sorry D:)
00:55:034 (1,2) - Add at the endhit of the sliders a clap X
01:00:368 (1,2) - ^^ X
01:05:701 (1,2) - ^^ X
Gumshoe is a nice Diff so yeah there are only these sliders which disappoint me/I don't like ._.
Oh and don't forget to look that the spacing doesn't go wrong after change the sliders. You've done a good job with this, I have seen some worser (really worser D:)

Average Detective
SPOILER
Make Circle size -1(I'm not a friend of this size in "Notmal"); HP Drain and AR could be -1 too X

00:10:035 (2,3,4) - Spacing wrong; it's important that the spacing fitin Streams with the DS you've chosen. You could look all the Hits like this: http://puu.sh/80eg X
00:22:368 (2) - Make instead of this normal Hits in a Stream X
00:26:701 (4) - Move it to x=216; y=156 (If you use 4 lvl Grid you have to be really precise) X
00:30:368 (3) - Add Note here X
00:50:701 (1,2) - Add clapX
00:51:368 (3) - Slider and add Finish at the Endpoint X
00:56:034 (2,3) - Add clap X
00:57:368 (5) - Add Finish (Endpoint) X
00:59:868 (1,2) - ^ X
01:01:368 (5,6) - Add Clap X
01:02:701 (8) - Add Finsih (Endpoint) X
01:05:701 (5) - ^ (^) X (what, why is this green? ... No plan but who cares :lol:)
01:06:701 (2) - Add Clapp (Both Poins) X

Solid Diff. The first things before the pause is a little bit confusing for me with the scattered Notes, but I think this is because me :D

High Prosecutor
SPOILER
Why not something like: "Edgeworth"? I mean you have Gumshoe xD (This is NO comparison) X
- Circle Size -1 'cause I DON'T LIK SUCH LITTLE CIRCLES (they suck ._.), and OA +1~2 X

00:13:868 (1) - Add Clap X
00:16:368 (5,6) - Add Clap (First Point) X
00:17:034 (7) - Add Finish X
00:20:535 (1) - Add Clap X
00:22:368 (1) - Add Clap at 3rd and 4th Point X
00:23:701 (4) - Another Clap X
00:27:201 (7) - Clap X
00:30:535 (7) - ^ X
00:33:868 (7) - ^ X
00:35:701 (1,2,3,4,5) - Looks better in a Stream (a suggestion: http://puu.sh/80jf) X
00:49:701 (3) - Finish at the Endpoint X
00:50:701 (4) - ^ X
00:51:368 (5) - Clap X
00:55:034 (3) - Finish at the Endpoint X
00:56:034 (4) - ^ X
00:56:701 (5) - Claap X
01:00:368 (2) - Finish - Endpoint X
01:01:368 (4) - ^ X
01:02:034 (5) - Clap... X
01:02:701 (6) - Slider....
01:05:034 (1) - Finish - End X
01:06:701 (3) - ^ X
01:07:368 (4) - You know it, or? Yes a Clap :D (xD) X

Hard is ok, but the Circle size..........

Hmm, yeah I like the song, the game series and Edgey-poo :3 (xD)
You can ask me per PM or In-game for a recheck (or something like that) anf after that I'll star it, but for now: Goodluck and have Fun :D
Topic Starter
HikaruAikawa
Wow... that must have taken a LOT of time!
Thanks in advance before reading the spoilerboxes xD

Nitojgrem wrote:

Ok, Mod time :D (because of #modreqs from yesterday)

First:
X Change it!
X Maybe? Not sure!
X Suggestions!
(It yould be that I use one or two times Red instead of Green (Green is otherwise not used...) but it's not a quit Problem 'cause this are Points I was a little bit not sure.
Aaaaand I've used Spoilerboxes because I found that the post would be to long.

General:
- Change the Tags; Don't write something in the Tags which is in the Artis, Title and source
Not sure if this is what you meant, but changed it.
- I'll write you know how you add a guest diff. so Kei don't have to do this:
Kei will write a post when she finished the guest diff - then she will write something random and add a Attachement to the post - then you have to downlaod it and put it into the song folder of this song - then a full subit BECAUSE you have to add Kei's Name then to the Tags! Oh, ok, it looks easy, thanks!
- Make the hit vol.to 75-80 78 is OK then? xD
- What have DarkDunskin said?
delete the .osb file in your song folder, since you have no SB. Then Full-Submit the map again.
... I swear I deleted it. Well, it's deleted again anyway.
- Have a look at this Thread http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37194 (I like it to post this xD) It should help you a little bit with the sliders because I find that some of your Sliders (Gumshoe <.<) looks ... a little bit boring or something like this.. Yes, I know... I admit I was really Gumshoe with Gumshoe sliders.

Gumshoe
SPOILER
Oh yeah, i like this name xD
- OD + 1-2 That's Overall Difficulty, right? Done, then.
I don't like a lot some of the sliders in this diff... because of that the Link under General - Before you ask why they are boring or something like this, is because the slider is long and then there is such a short end ._. Please don't take it personally :D Yes, yes, I know, and I'm sorry xD I'm no good with easy difficulties, apparently...

00:09:701 (1) - First slider... It looks okay, but it looks more better like this:http://puu.sh/805l Wow, you even took a screenshot... Ok, made it like the one in the picture.
00:13:701 (3) - Another Slider which is boring make it for example like this or so: http://puu.sh/805Z Same here.
00:16:368 (1) - Boooring:http://puu.sh/806G Same here... and again, sorry xD
00:19:035 (1) - ^ http://puu.sh/807o; Add Clap Not sure if you meant the whole slider or just the beginning, so I chose the first option.
00:24:368 (3) - Ok, for now I'll NOT post more Push links, I only say "Slider"! - Slider I'll try to make them better looking at the previous ones!
00:27:701 (1) - Slider Slided.
00:31:035 (3) - ^
00:34:368 (3) - ^
00:34:368 (3) - Add finish Finished.
00:52:034 (3) - Slider This one is big, and it looks similar even after I changed it... but I guess it looks a little bit better. And if I try to make it like an arc, I can't make it last what I want.
00:57:368 (4) - ^ Same...
01:02:701 (4) - ^ ... This one looks the same whatever I do...
01:08:034 (4) - ^ (Little bit confusing with the next point becausse it's not all after the timelline, sorry D:) Uh... I don't think I understand that sentence...
00:55:034 (1,2) - Add at the endhit of the sliders a clap
01:00:368 (1,2) - ^^
01:05:701 (1,2) - ^^ Clap, clap, clap
Gumshoe is a nice Diff so yeah there are only these sliders which disappoint me/I don't like ._.
Oh and don't forget to look that the spacing doesn't go wrong after change the sliders. You've done a good job with this, I have seen some worser (really worser D:) Oh... I thought the sliders ruined it... Well, thanks a lot!

Average Detective
SPOILER
Make Circle size -1(I'm not a friend of this size in "Notmal"); HP Drain and AR could be -1 too Done, done, and done.

00:10:035 (2,3,4) - Spacing wrong; it's important that the spacing fitin Streams with the DS you've chosen. You could look all the Hits like this: http://puu.sh/80eg Ok, I made it like that, but... I had to change the distance spacing, so I also had to change the position of every note...
00:22:368 (2) - Make instead of this normal Hits in a Stream That's changed.
00:26:701 (4) - Move it to x=216; y=156 (If you use 4 lvl Grid you have to be really precise) Now I can't, because of the position change from before...
00:30:368 (3) - Add Note here Added (not sure if in the right place)
00:50:701 (1,2) - Add clap Clapped
00:51:368 (3) - Slider and add Finish at the Endpoint Added finish and removed whistle, I suppose.
00:56:034 (2,3) - Add clap Added
00:57:368 (5) - Add Finish (Endpoint) Same, added finish and removed whistle.
00:59:868 (1,2) - ^
01:01:368 (5,6) - Add Clap Done, done...
01:02:701 (8) - Add Finsih (Endpoint)
01:05:701 (5) - ^ (^) (what, why is this green? ... No plan but who cares :lol:) ... done, and done. And it's green because... well... it was green turn?
01:06:701 (2) - Add Clapp (Both Poins) Added clap, and... I'm done adding xD

Solid Diff. The first things before the pause is a little bit confusing for me with the scattered Notes, but I think this is because me :D

High Prosecutor
SPOILER
Why not something like: "Edgeworth"? I mean you have Gumshoe xD (This is NO comparison) Well, I thought about it, but I prefered leaving it like this, because otherwise I'd have to name the other diffculties Franziska, Lang, and stuff... and well, this way the name of the Gumshoe diff is funnier xD
- Circle Size -1 'cause I DON'T LIK SUCH LITTLE CIRCLES (they suck ._.), and OA +1~2 ... Okay, please don't kill me...

I'll save time and write: "Everything done"
00:13:868 (1) - Add Clap
00:16:368 (5,6) - Add Clap (First Point)
00:17:034 (7) - Add Finish
00:20:535 (1) - Add Clap
00:22:368 (1) - Add Clap at 3rd and 4th Point
00:23:701 (4) - Another Clap
00:27:201 (7) - Clap
00:30:535 (7) - ^
00:33:868 (7) - ^
00:35:701 (1,2,3,4,5) - Looks better in a Stream (a suggestion: http://puu.sh/80jf)
00:49:701 (3) - Finish at the Endpoint
00:50:701 (4) - ^
00:51:368 (5) - Clap
00:55:034 (3) - Finish at the Endpoint
00:56:034 (4) - ^
00:56:701 (5) - Claap
01:00:368 (2) - Finish - Endpoint
01:01:368 (4) - ^
01:02:034 (5) - Clap...
01:02:701 (6) - Slider.... Does it look better like this? I didn't know how to make it...
01:05:034 (1) - Finish - End
01:06:701 (3) - ^ X
01:07:368 (4) - You know it, or? Yes a Clap :D (xD) I guessed it, yay :D

Hard is ok, but the Circle size.......... And it looks like I didn't do a good work with the sounds, either.

Hmm, yeah I like the song, the game series and Edgey-poo :3 (xD)
You can ask me per PM or In-game for a recheck (or something like that) anf after that I'll star it, but for now: Goodluck and have Fun :D
Thanks again!
Kei

HikaruAikawa wrote:

Claro, sin problemas! Te lo agradecería mucho ^^
Eso sí, no sé muy bien cómo funciona esto aún, así que tendrás que explicarme cómo añadirla y tal...
Sí, está bien! Yo te ayudo. Si te veo ingame te hablo y te explico :3
noclip
Hard:
I advise you to change the speed slider to 1.7 because they are too slow
00:49:701 (3) - move to another place
00:50:701 (4) - New combo
00:56:034 (4) - ^^
Normal:
01:05:034 (1,2,3,4,5) - a very uncomfortable place. disbanded it as something
01:06:368 (1,2) - unevenly
Easy:
00:13:701 (3) - unevenly
00:23:701 (2) - reposition a little bit more to the right
00:23:701 (2) - little bit to the left
00:27:701 (1) - a little bit more to the right
00:36:368 (4) - a little bit more to the right
00:49:034 (2) - a little bit higher
00:57:368 (4,1) - stand by each other. uncomfortably
01:01:368 (2,4) - ^^
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.