forum

Not improving stable over 90 days

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
n o t h e r
Problem Details:
Hi there, im a osu! casual player and my problem is that im not improving in osu!
-playing everyday min 2 hours
-playing 5-6 stars
-playing osu for 1.5 years now (yes my acc was created 2 years ago)
I just want to know what im doing wrong.
If i wrote something wrong im sorry, my
mother tongue is german :?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170528.1 (latest)
Lyawi
So? Just play. There's nothing much to say to help you actually
Topic Starter
n o t h e r
any tipp about being calm, because im shaking the whole time :o
i know this sounds dump xd

also wanna play a little try beat you xd
Venix
Try to play some longer maps (till the end) like ~3-4 minutes.
Topic Starter
n o t h e r
ok ty ill try
ManuelOsuPlayer

Thenother wrote:

Problem Details:
Hi there, im a osu! casual player and my problem is that im not improving in osu!
-playing everyday min 2 hours
-playing 5-6 stars
-playing osu for 1.5 years now (yes my acc was created 2 years ago)
I just want to know what im doing wrong.
If i wrote something wrong im sorry, my
mother tongue is german :?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170528.1 (latest)
Play AR7 + OD9 + Hidden.
Veix
Shaking: Learn to drag if you dont do it already. Im a pretty big shaker myself and I realized that I shake more when Im visually aware of it. Use a static cursor without trail and make it fairly big (1.2 - 1.5x). That way Im less aware of it and it doesnt effect me that much.

And you can also improve without extreme methods (ar7 + od9 etc). For reading just play older maps and for accuracy you can just change the od of your favourite songs. Changing od and ar at the same time is pretty frustrating.
Nattsun
You are rank 60k and play 5-6* maps. Meanwhile here rank 14k and I play 4* maps hmmmmmmmmmmm

I think you are doing something wrong. Think about it like this, hard 4* patterns become standard 5* patterns. If you can't play 4* maps, and trust me you can't, you will never be able to play 5* maps. You will just develop bad habits and never improve.

NINJAEDIT: I am German myself, if you need some help just hit me up, we can speak in German.
Akanagi

Cirno9 wrote:

You are rank 60k and play 5-6* maps. Meanwhile here rank 14k and I play 4* maps hmmmmmmmmmmm

I think you are doing something wrong. Think about it like this, hard 4* patterns become standard 5* patterns. If you can't play 4* maps, and trust me you can't, you will never be able to play 5* maps. You will just develop bad habits and never improve.

NINJAEDIT: I am German myself, if you need some help just hit me up, we can speak in German.

His top play is a ~5* with 99% on OD8, (even tho its farm map), I'm pretty sure you can and should play regular 5* on 60k. I'm not even close to that and I can play some 5*s relatively well (unless it's higher than 5,4~)

I don't know about playing 6* on 60k, but I'm sure he would atleast know whats going on on "low" 6* map and it'd still be good practice.
Still playing only 4* on 60k rank would probably not really challenge him enough to improve.
KupcaH

Cirno9 wrote:

You're right about 6* maps, but wrong about 5*. At same pp as him I've played a lot of 5* maps, and as you see, I've improved.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Cirno9 wrote:

I think the same as you. One thing it's react, and other it's consistenly sightread/read.
I find my self the best * ratting to improve it's around 2'8*-3'5* because i have there a lot of things to work. I can pass tons of 7* stream maps. And +6* jumps maps. But pattern's are other thing.
LoliPantsu

Cirno9 wrote:

Meanwhile here rank 14k and I play 4* maps hmmmmmmmmmmm
thats like wearing diapers when your 14
Nattsun

LoliPantsu wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

Meanwhile here rank 14k and I play 4* maps hmmmmmmmmmmm
I hope you are just retarded. I can make you a list with more than 200 maps that you can't sightread or even pass at all, all 4*. :-)
It's not all about aim, you know?

@KupcaH Do you think you lack skill in other aspects of the game? Personally I can't tell the difference between cancer and farm map anymore lol... I spent lots of time on maps that make your entire 4 digit multiplayer lobby leave, it's fun sometimes.

PS: I started playing 5* maps for pp when I had ~3.6k and I can still get 200pp from 4* maps. I have 4 200pp plays that are 4*, one of them is a choke. You don't have to play all "tatoe" maps when you are rank 60k, not for pp neither for improvement... That might be just me, who doesn't like overly spaced maps.
Comfy Slippers

Thenother wrote:

any tipp about being calm, because im shaking the whole time :o
i know this sounds dump xd
That's cause the map is hard, your confidence is lower hence the nervousness.

Noticed this when I was steamrolling trough some somewhat hard 5.3 map, ofc I choked. While playing low-to-mid 4 stars, I'll have no problems and I'll FC them easily. You have some means of fixing this, but the biggest obstacle would be your mentality. Try and work on that, cause nobody can give you
meaningful advice on mentality. You have to sort that out yourself. Maybe you're overthinking, or you are yet to understand the structure behind certain maps. Idk, I'd suggest playing w/o GUI (shift+tab) and scoreboard (tab), that might help a bit.
AncuL

Cirno9 wrote:

I have 4 200pp plays that are 4*, one of them is a choke
i tried to find all the 200pp maps that are 4* at your profile
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/928847
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/831260
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/882897
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/988793

i found out that all of them are 1500+ combo marathon with the SR of nearing 5.

back to the topic, ya. the only way is to play more. play more maps that you can't do for some reason, and improve on it. if you can't do overly spaced jumps, then you gotta play more of them
don't aim for FC. instead, aim for accs. i found that acc is the better way of defining your skill as it requires less luck
and stop retrying. get yourself a huge amount of maps

in the end, everyone do improve. the difference is just the pace you are improving on
Sayorie
Always remember that amount of pp gained is not the truest parameter for improvement.
In my case, I know I keep improving because I can consistently do things I really couldn't before, but I just cant FC for pp because tics, dry eyes, and other health problems.

Just keep playing, and pp will come to you. Farm pp maps if you're thirsty for pp, but having that burst of pp doesn't mean you've improved a lot.
Nattsun

AncuL wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

I have 4 200pp plays that are 4*, one of them is a choke
i tried to find all the 200pp maps that are 4* at your profile
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/928847
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/831260
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/882897
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/988793

i found out that all of them are 1500+ combo marathon with the SR of nearing 5.
5 minute maps are not marathon maps. You should get rid of that thinking, they are also the easiest 200pp plays I got. Easy to acc, easy to FC and due to their length a truckload of pp. If you are inconsistent af I can see why you may think they are hard, but trust me, 3-5min maps are free pp. Well, all of them except "lolis" are not farm maps, though.

NINJAEDIT: There are also a few short 200pp plays in the 4* range, but you need good accuracy for that.

EDIT2: @Sayorie try to lower your gamma and your resolution if your monitor is too big. I had the problem with dry eyes too.
KupcaH

Cirno9 wrote:

5 minute maps are not marathon maps. You should get rid of that thinking
Huh, marked maps are 5:20 - 5:40 seconds.

Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

5 minute maps are not marathon maps. You should get rid of that thinking
Huh, marked maps are 5:20 - 5:40 seconds.

Wow, that's new to me. 5 minutes are still not marathon maps IMO, and the ones I FCd are NOT labeled as marathon :-)
LoliPantsu
:P

Nattsun wrote:

I hope you are just retarded. I can make you a list with more than 200 maps that you can't sightread or even pass at all, all 4*. :-)
ok challenge accepted
LoliPantsu
show me those 4 star maps i cant pass
N0thingSpecial

LoliPantsu wrote:

some people look good in diapers
LoliPantsu

LoliPantsu wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

ok challenge accepted
im still waiting
Juuuuuuuuul
2 years, that some nice patience.
Anyway, high 4* for big pp are now 5* since the recent SR update.
Penswer

LoliPantsu wrote:

LoliPantsu wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

ok challenge accepted

im still waiting

Still Waiting?
baconwolf23
I have been playing for 2 years I stopped playing because I didn't see any improvement, I started playing again but I still see no improvement, I can only play 3* so if something worked with you plz tell me i really need help (sorry if my english is not good)
WitherMite
Been playing for 2 years, only has ~50 hours played, you can't really expect to get better if you never play...

Also, dont necropost.