forum

[duplicate] Automatically Shift to Normal osu! Skin when in Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
Esupanitix
Basically, what I mean is when you're in the editor, if you're using a skin that may have different sound effects than what most skins use (Ouendan, EBA, Taiko), you may end up making a crappy map in the eyes of people who don't use the same skin as you, and making the skin automatically shift in gameplay (I.E. They wear the skin that you were mapping with) wouldn't make things much better. Basically, if you didn't add that skin element to the map itself, your skin automatically switches to the portions of the osu! skin that wasn't used in the map (I.E. Hitsounds aren't an exception).

I.E. this would make less of a hassle for most everyone because of the fact that hitsounds might sound stupid on most skins while on one skin it sounds just fine. Just using the regular sounds when mapping shouldn't be much of a hassle. Less confusion, less fighting over the hitsounds, less problems when deciding on hitsounds.

To reiterate, unless that skin element was put in the map itself, all parts of your skin (Obviously, not including the cursor) change over to the original osu! skin's elements.

This may sound stupid, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were taken as a bad idea.
Jarby
The basic placement of hitsounds would remain correct regarding accents no matter which samples were used unless the mapper is effectively doing it wrong. That being said, I think it would make sense for this feature to occur exclusively in test mode if at all. Mappers shouldn't have to map with skins other than their preference, but they should be aware of how their map sounds and plays with the default skin even if it's not the forced selection.

An option to switch between the mapper's custom skin if applicable and the default skin on the fly would be of use.
Topic Starter
Esupanitix
...Now that I think about it, that sounds a bit better.
mm201
This is already somewhere on my todo list. Also, it would obey SkinPreference, and apply to testing as well.