1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
posted
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 11:31:54 PM

Artist: deadmau5
Title: messages from nowhere
Tags: stuff i used to do mau5trap progressive house
BPM: 99
Filesize: 11468kb
Play Time: 05:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. call of the void (5 stars, 905 notes)


Download: deadmau5 - messages from nowhere
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
call of the void
Thank you so much to Spork Lover for helping me add some life to this map and making this map a bit more enjoyable. Has always been an influence to my mapping <3
old version
posted
slow m4m return lol

how do you map a song like this

[General]

192kbps
your bg is 1920x1126, needs to be 1920x1200 or 1920x1080

[call of the hash slinging slasher]

i would make the intro sliders a bit quieter, the ticks are bit loud imo
00:25:542 (2,3) - not sure why this slider has different spacing compared to the previous two notes and the following notes in the next combo? seem's a little strange. if its to hit that weird vocal sounding thing, how come you don't do the same on 00:27:360 (2,3) - ?
00:53:269 (1,2,3) - this is the only time you use this spacing for this entire section until the drum fill transition, any specific reason for this?
01:03:572 (3,4,1,2) - because of how you angle the first two sliders the (1) looks kinda weird since its the only slider that doesn't follow the gradual angle change, maybe ctrl + h it?
01:45:845 (3,4) - fix parallel
01:55:542 (3,4) - ya^
02:00:845 (5) - maybe consider putting more spacing on this because of the sudden pitch change? or maybe a direction change?
02:05:693 (5) - ya^ (pretty much same each time this happens)
04:28:723 (3,1) - nazi blanket
04:44:784 (1) - i would prefer it if you stuck with the rhythm you used previously here for consistency 04:35:087 (1,2,3) - or you could change the rhythm just mentioned to the slider one you have used previously throughout this part

pretty interesting, gl!
posted

Log Off Now wrote:

slow m4m return lol

how do you map a song like this everything is mappable my boi

[General]

192kbps
your bg is 1920x1126, needs to be 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 planning to get these both taken care of

[call of the hash slinging slasher]

i would make the intro sliders a bit quieter, the ticks are bit loud imo thinking about adding a silent slider tick or slide. I'm going to also get to these hit volumes when i get around to hitsounding
00:25:542 (2,3) - not sure why this slider has different spacing compared to the previous two notes and the following notes in the next combo? seem's a little strange. if its to hit that weird vocal sounding thing, how come you don't do the same on 00:27:360 (2,3) - ? did the same thing on that last slider
00:53:269 (1,2,3) - this is the only time you use this spacing for this entire section until the drum fill transition, any specific reason for this? follows vocal stutter rather than drums, the drum hits are quieter too
01:03:572 (3,4,1,2) - because of how you angle the first two sliders the (1) looks kinda weird since its the only slider that doesn't follow the gradual angle change, maybe ctrl + h it? it was intended to be parallel with 4 but i like this movement better
01:45:845 (3,4) - fix parallel rotated by a little
01:55:542 (3,4) - ya^ ya
02:00:845 (5) - maybe consider putting more spacing on this because of the sudden pitch change? or maybe a direction change? would break the pattern i use with 1.4x ds. may be ill think about doing something with slidershaps similar to the end of this part
02:05:693 (5) - ya^ (pretty much same each time this happens) same
04:28:723 (3,1) - nazi blanket lol fixed
04:44:784 (1) - i would prefer it if you stuck with the rhythm you used previously here for consistency 04:35:087 (1,2,3) - or you could change the rhythm just mentioned to the slider one you have used previously throughout this part

pretty interesting, gl!
thanks for first mod :)
posted
saku's overly aesthetic focused mod

00:25:454 (1,2,3) - since there's no emphasis on 3rd beat and it's the same 1/4 it feels weird to have 3's spacing be slightly different from 1,2
01:12:727 (1,2,3) - minor nitpick but overlapping 1 and 3 doesn't with the rest of the maps aesthetic. all other overlaps have aesthetic purpose like 01:28:484 (1,2,3). inconsistent aesthetics make me a sadboy
02:04:999 (1,2,3,4) - i dont understand the justification for giving 4 spatial emphasis when there's no rhythmic significance and it's all in 1/4. Especially because most patterns are like 02:10:909 (1,2,3,4,5) where they're all mapped pretty equivalently.
02:14:696 (1,2,3,4,5) - same pattern as above
02:35:151 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - the spacing here is super strange? strong beats are emphasized spatially by having slightly longer jumps but 3,4 is about half the distance of 5,6 an extremely weak beat. I would make 3,4 bigger and 5,6 smaller or maybe just replace the pattern. especially cause all the other patterns after like 02:36:363 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) have pretty close to even spacings
02:40:000 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - i dont like how this one flows. up, down, into zig-zag and then again you have spatial on 5,6 which makes no sense when 4 is the strong beat
02:44:848 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - i would give 3,4 more spatial emphasis but up to you
isnt a critique but the spatial emphasis of the jumps in 02:46:060 (1,2,3,4) made me nutt the long jump for 2 emphasizes the weird synth repeat perfectly then 3 which is the weakest beat has a much smaller jump then normal length to 4 is just perfect
02:51:666 (4) and 02:52:272 (2) - overlapping these is really weird and unlike a shared anchor point just looks weird to me. no other instances of this. unlike 02:44:242 (2) and 02:44:848 (1) which is same anchor and looks cool
02:52:121 (1) and 02:52:424 (3) overlap is less weird because same combo but still would not do it. up 2 u
02:49:696 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - same spatial emphasis problem with 3,4 jump and 5,6
02:58:333 (1,2,3,4,5) - 2 is a strong beat and has a minijump whereas 4 isn't really a even a beat but has the megajump
ok im beginning to think that maybe im wrong about spatial emphasis but everyone lectures me on this and it's in pishifat's jump video also
03:15:454 (2) and 03:15:909 (4) is the same deal as 02:52:121 (1) and 02:52:424 (3), overlap is less weird because same combo but still would not do it. up 2 u again
03:21:212 (1) and 03:21:515 (3) ^
03:24:696 (5) - again there's spatial emphasis on virtually no beat
03:25:151 (2) and 03:25:606 (4) makes aesthetic sense because of the way it looks like 2 is coming out of 4 this is cool
03:28:030 (4) - another megajuimp on virtually no beat
03:30:909 (1) and 03:31:212 (3) maybe i just disagree with this aesthetic idk but listing it as an instance
03:32:878 (4) - the megajump again on no beat
03:38:636 (2) and 03:39:090 (4) is another instance
spacing on 03:41:818 (1,2,3,4) also is hot the big jumps are on 2 and 4 which are the most emphasized in song and you seem to map the big jumps on the big beats after this until
04:39:848 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 2 and 5 are the smallest beats and the biggest jumps pls fix
04:41:212 (1,2,3,4,5) - again

overall i really like this map just the patterns that ignore the rules of jumps and minor aesthetic fixes. i swear im not making spatial emphasis of jumps up here's the link to the pishi vid
i swear to god ive been lectured on this so many times too. maybe im wrong tho

slider art is also god tier

good luck!
posted

SakuraKaminari wrote:

saku's overly aesthetic focused mod

00:25:454 (1,2,3) - since there's no emphasis on 3rd beat and it's the same 1/4 it feels weird to have 3's spacing be slightly different from 1,2 There's a different voice that appears on that beat so the spacing emphasizes the vocal change, not intensity in this case
01:12:727 (1,2,3) - minor nitpick but overlapping 1 and 3 doesn't with the rest of the maps aesthetic. all other overlaps have aesthetic purpose like 01:28:484 (1,2,3). inconsistent aesthetics make me a sadboy This is okay with me because it makes sense with 01:12:727 (1) - (on the right angle). Also i mave some other minor overlaps, like 01:20:909 (4,1) - 01:30:606 (4,1) -
02:04:999 (1,2,3,4) - i dont understand the justification for giving 4 spatial emphasis when there's no rhythmic significance and it's all in 1/4. Especially because most patterns are like 02:10:909 (1,2,3,4,5) where they're all mapped pretty equivalently. These are justified by the higher pitch note (02:05:606 (4) - ) coming after the collection of lower pitched notes (02:04:999 (1,2,3) - ), also taking advantage of slider leniency here since this is after a sliderend
02:14:696 (1,2,3,4,5) - same pattern as above yeah i use this concept consistently
02:35:151 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - the spacing here is super strange? strong beats are emphasized spatially by having slightly longer jumps but 3,4 is about half the distance of 5,6 an extremely weak beat. I would make 3,4 bigger and 5,6 smaller or maybe just replace the pattern. especially cause all the other patterns after like 02:36:363 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) have pretty close to even spacings A little bit of variety in spacing is okay so that patterns don't end up being too stale. I would also argue that 02:35:606 (3,4) - this smaller spacing is justified because there is no melodic note at 02:35:757 (4) -
02:40:000 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - i dont like how this one flows. up, down, into zig-zag and then again you have spatial on 5,6 which makes no sense when 4 is the strong beat I dont think this flow is an obstacle in gameplay, this is just clockwise flow with a zig zag. Same thing as above with 02:35:606 (3,4) - Im placing my emphasis in the melody more so than the drums (implied through my choice of rhythm).
02:44:848 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - i would give 3,4 more spatial emphasis but up to you i think it's okay
isnt a critique but the spatial emphasis of the jumps in 02:46:060 (1,2,3,4) made me nutt the long jump for 2 emphasizes the weird synth repeat perfectly then 3 which is the weakest beat has a much smaller jump then normal length to 4 is just perfect hehe glad you like the pattern :D
02:51:666 (4) and 02:52:272 (2) - overlapping these is really weird and unlike a shared anchor point just looks weird to me. no other instances of this. unlike 02:44:242 (2) and 02:44:848 (1) which is same anchor and looks cool
02:52:121 (1) and 02:52:424 (3) overlap is less weird because same combo but still would not do it. up 2 u This is just a personal preference that I don't like to directly overlap notes seperated by one hitobject (unless i make a point of it). THis is apparent in these parts 01:24:848 (1,2,3) - and i make a point of doing it in places like 01:27:272 (1,2,3) - (its repetitive) I see where you were going with this one though
02:49:696 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - same spatial emphasis problem with 3,4 jump and 5,6 same response. Btw these are more flow-focused patterns, the flow makes these patterns easier to play
02:58:333 (1,2,3,4,5) - 2 is a strong beat and has a minijump whereas 4 isn't really a even a beat but has the megajump i feel like 4 is stronger in the melody here
ok im beginning to think that maybe im wrong about spatial emphasis but everyone lectures me on this and it's in pishifat's jump video also i think the thing your mostly confusing is variety in spacing vs. proper emphasis in spacing. Yes some jumps are spaced different from others to some degree but these patterns all flow similarly which is how i aimed to connect them all together in a sense. You're not entirely wrong, places like 02:58:636 (3,4) - have much more spacing. ye its kind of weird looking at all of these concepts at once because some patterns can work in one way but not the other. It mostly becomes a problem when patterns don't really work in any way ignore this if i confused you
03:15:454 (2) and 03:15:909 (4) is the same deal as 02:52:121 (1) and 02:52:424 (3), overlap is less weird because same combo but still would not do it. up 2 u again keeping, i like the connection between 2,3,4
03:21:212 (1) and 03:21:515 (3) ^ same kind of thing, i aim for the back-and-forth motion with these patterns
03:24:696 (5) - again there's spatial emphasis on virtually no beat the note in the melody is stong
03:25:151 (2) and 03:25:606 (4) makes aesthetic sense because of the way it looks like 2 is coming out of 4 this is cool oo youre right :o
03:28:030 (4) - another megajuimp on virtually no beat kick in drums, high note in synth
03:30:909 (1) and 03:31:212 (3) maybe i just disagree with this aesthetic idk but listing it as an instance same, using overlaps and back/forth for these patterns
03:32:878 (4) - the megajump again on no beat high note. To explain the megajumps youre pointing out, I use larger spacing here all together (not just in certain jumps, etc) because the song is most intense at this part.
03:38:636 (2) and 03:39:090 (4) is another instance for every one of these jumps i use a fixed ds from slider 1 the overlap the sliderhead of 1 with 3, so this is to be expected. same spacing is used at 03:35:757 (1,2,3) - etc.
spacing on 03:41:818 (1,2,3,4) also is hot the big jumps are on 2 and 4 which are the most emphasized in song and you seem to map the big jumps on the big beats after this until thnx :o
04:39:848 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 2 and 5 are the smallest beats and the biggest jumps pls fix This is coming from 04:39:242 (3,4,1) - so i dont think this will be too much of a prob
04:41:212 (1,2,3,4,5) - again decreased spacing of 04:42:121 (4,5,1) - because this was kind of an outlier

overall i really like this map just the patterns that ignore the rules of jumps and minor aesthetic fixes. i swear im not making spatial emphasis of jumps up here's the link to the pishi vid
i swear to god ive been lectured on this so many times too. maybe im wrong tho I've seen the pishi vid before, I don't think you're wrong in what you're saying about spaicng emphasis but I just don't think it's as applicable in this map

slider art is also god tier Thanks!

good luck!
Thanks for the mod! Even if i didn't fix much i appreciate the time you spent and another perspective always helps :)
posted
Yo

call of the :b:oid
00:36:666 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - havin the exact same angle on all the doublets here doesnt rly make any sense to me, cuz the sound is clearly changing.. i would suggest ctrl-h ing 00:36:969 (5,6) - or something tbh.

on that note, 00:37:121 (6) - why does this note have such a drastic volume decrease? i think using 35% volume instead of 20% would be better here

01:00:606 (1,4) - prolly wasnt what you were going for but the blanket is off

01:06:363 (5) - ctrl-g this? would create a nice contrast for the movement between 01:06:666 (1,2) - if u do decide to do that, u should prolly ctrl-g 01:08:787 (4) - this as well

01:08:484 (3,4,1,2) - i dont like how 3 is the same shape visually as 4, 1, and 2 while it's mapped to a completely different sound. just sth that threw me off lol

04:27:878 (1) - u use a sharp angled slider for this

04:32:424 (4,5,2) - make this a triangle?

04:44:545 (4) - moving this to 422,228 would make a nice straight line


i've been staring at this map for almost 2 hours straight and these are the only things i could find. ridiculously solid map, good luck with this.
posted
m4m i guess

Greetings
Difficulty
  1. In m opinion od9 is a bit too much, perhaps od8 would be a bit more reasonable
  2. 00:38:333 (1,2,3) - you use 1/8 very few time and sometimes it have spacing visually very similar to 1/4 (for example 02:28:030 (1,2,3) - and 00:38:333 (1,2,3) -) . Perhaps you can nc every note in those 1/8 patterns to make it somewhat easier to read
  3. also i dont really like that fact you making 00:46:515 - and similar to this one sounds not clickable, but it doesnt looks like you willing to change it so w/e i guess
  4. 00:44:545 (4,1,2) - spacing those two feels p awkward coz you use higher spacing to weak sound on (1) and lower spacing to strong sound on (2) (also its inconsistent with your spacing in similar patter at 00:54:242 (5,1,2) - ) same thing applies for 01:01:515 (4,1,2) -
  5. 01:09:848 (4,1) - 00:40:757 (4,1) - 00:43:181 (4,1) - and 01:12:272 (4,1) - represents same sounds but flow (and spacing) on those is comlitely different. Perhaps you can use chose one type of flow and make it consistent across all those patterns coz in current state it looks varied for no reason
  6. 02:37:121 (4) - 02:38:939 (1) - those two sliders represent two different sounds but they looks pretty much the same. In my opinion it would be pretty cool to use different shapes for those two c:
  7. 02:50:303 (4,5,6) - 02:55:151 (4,5,6) - and another happy little spacing inconsistency
  8. 03:25:606 (4,1) - once again, two different sounds but represented through same slidershapes
Thats all from me, hope it helps. Good luck! c:
posted

Kaine wrote:

Yo

call of the :b:oid
00:36:666 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - havin the exact same angle on all the doublets here doesnt rly make any sense to me, cuz the sound is clearly changing.. i would suggest ctrl-h ing 00:36:969 (5,6) - or something tbh. i decided to group these not4es in the same way because its the same vocal rhythm thats just being repeated

on that note, 00:37:121 (6) - why does this note have such a drastic volume decrease? i think using 35% volume instead of 20% would be better here that vocal note isnt as loud

01:00:606 (1,4) - prolly wasnt what you were going for but the blanket is off http://i.imgur.com/PNjEl3H.png The way the approach circle touches the sliderhead and sliderend makes this viabe

01:06:363 (5) - ctrl-g this? would create a nice contrast for the movement between 01:06:666 (1,2) - if u do decide to do that, u should prolly ctrl-g 01:08:787 (4) - this as well I like the repetitive upward movement in the sliders here

01:08:484 (3,4,1,2) - i dont like how 3 is the same shape visually as 4, 1, and 2 while it's mapped to a completely different sound. just sth that threw me off lol These drum hits are pretty similar anyways

04:27:878 (1) - u use a sharp angled slider for this You're right, good catch :)

04:32:424 (4,5,2) - make this a triangle? They already make a triangle (with the sliderhead)

04:44:545 (4) - moving this to 422,228 would make a nice straight line True, changed


i've been staring at this map for almost 2 hours straight and these are the only things i could find. ridiculously solid map, good luck with this. Thanks for taking a nice in depth look at this!

Su1fu7 wrote:

m4m i guess

Greetings
Difficulty
  1. In m opinion od9 is a bit too much, perhaps od8 would be a bit more reasonable I think you're right about the high OD, I think 8.5 would suffice
  2. 00:38:333 (1,2,3) - you use 1/8 very few time and sometimes it have spacing visually very similar to 1/4 (for example 02:28:030 (1,2,3) - and 00:38:333 (1,2,3) -) . Perhaps you can nc every note in those 1/8 patterns to make it somewhat easier to read This is a really good catch :o But I think the 1/8 is still readable when compared to 00:36:666 (3,4,5,6,7) -, and the other 1/4 usages are okay because of the repeated use of 1/4 throughout the diff from there
  3. also i dont really like that fact you making 00:46:515 - and similar to this one sounds not clickable, but it doesnt looks like you willing to change it so w/e i guess Yeah I'm already happy with how I follow the cymbal with a slider because it diverges from the usual drum beat and is a stronger note
  4. 00:44:545 (4,1,2) - spacing those two feels p awkward coz you use higher spacing to weak sound on (1) and lower spacing to strong sound on (2) (also its inconsistent with your spacing in similar patter at 00:54:242 (5,1,2) - ) same thing applies for 01:01:515 (4,1,2) -
  5. 01:09:848 (4,1) - 00:40:757 (4,1) - 00:43:181 (4,1) - and 01:12:272 (4,1) - represents same sounds but flow (and spacing) on those is comlitely different. Perhaps you can use chose one type of flow and make it consistent across all those patterns coz in current state it looks varied for no reason Don't think making these exactly the same is that important
  6. 02:37:121 (4) - 02:38:939 (1) - those two sliders represent two different sounds but they looks pretty much the same. In my opinion it would be pretty cool to use different shapes for those two c: Yes yes good idea. Used a straight slider to represent the melody
  7. 02:50:303 (4,5,6) - 02:55:151 (4,5,6) - and another happy little spacing inconsistency Changed the first one, it was pretty overspaced aha
  8. 03:25:606 (4,1) - once again, two different sounds but represented through same slidershapes This one I'm more okay with, the long slight curve looks nice to me
Thats all from me, hope it helps. Good luck! c:
Thanks for your time guys :)
posted
niqquh that's some tight ass drain time here

Okay so, that's a really solid map without much (any?) risk-taking/gimmicks, so obviously there won't be much to say since you seem to know what you're doing and it's overall quite consistent.

That said, I do have one issue with the rhythm of one section;

01:19:242 (2) - You completely skip this snare + hihat combo for the whole section, and after the kiai aswell, which keeps throwing me off everytime. I don't even know what else it's supposed to follow, but it feels more like a generic/filler pattern used again and again that don't match with anything in the song.

And also, given the rather minimalistic style of the song, you're missing out on emphasizing the "special" sounds such as 01:18:787 - the one here, that's quite huge since it's half the interesting stuff going on in the whole verse. I did say early that this map has no risk taking/gimmick, and while that isn't a bad thing nor you have to use any, it does miss out on the few opportunities the song gives you. In it's current state, it's a solid map, but there isn't anything quite interesting about it, because it doesn't highlight the interesting elements of the song.

with all of that said, 01:14:545 (1,2,3,4) - I think this should be spaced more, as there isn't anything that indicates a compressed 1/2 stream, and even more considering the relatively high spacing used before.

So yeah, I think it's a fine map, solid and plays fine, no glaring errors and flows well, but I also think it could be more interesting, both to play and from a mapper point of view.

In any way, good luck with the ranking~
posted

GoldenWolf wrote:

niqquh that's some tight ass drain time here

Okay so, that's a really solid map without much (any?) risk-taking/gimmicks, so obviously there won't be much to say since you seem to know what you're doing and it's overall quite consistent.

That said, I do have one issue with the rhythm of one section;

01:19:242 (2) - You completely skip this snare + hihat combo for the whole section, and after the kiai aswell, which keeps throwing me off everytime. I don't even know what else it's supposed to follow, but it feels more like a generic/filler pattern used again and again that don't match with anything in the song. These follow the echo of the new sound that's playing here (the special sound you mention below)

And also, given the rather minimalistic style of the song, you're missing out on emphasizing the "special" sounds such as 01:18:787 - the one here, that's quite huge since it's half the interesting stuff going on in the whole verse. I did say early that this map has no risk taking/gimmick, and while that isn't a bad thing nor you have to use any, it does miss out on the few opportunities the song gives you. In it's current state, it's a solid map, but there isn't anything quite interesting about it, because it doesn't highlight the interesting elements of the song. The 2 1/2 sliders follow the echo of the sound, which is why i skipped the snare that you mention above.

with all of that said, 01:14:545 (1,2,3,4) - I think this should be spaced more, as there isn't anything that indicates a compressed 1/2 stream, and even more considering the relatively high spacing used before. I agree, I did something more interesting with this (this stream was pretty boring)

So yeah, I think it's a fine map, solid and plays fine, no glaring errors and flows well, but I also think it could be more interesting, both to play and from a mapper point of view. Yeah, I'm not really satisfied with how dull this map is but its a solid map, and every other aespect of it is interesting besides gameplay so why not just push it forward i guess

In any way, good luck with the ranking~
Thanks! Think im going to get bns early considering this map doesn't really do anything special
posted
did stuff, it's okay I guess, though I'm not partucalrly happy with the slidershapes during kiai and a few more rather subjective things

IRC log
23:11 squirrelpascals: Hey are you taking mod reqs atm? trying to push forward a safe approval map
23:11 squirrelpascals: also sorry if ive asked im asking a lot of bns rn
23:12 Bakari: yeah, i do take mod reqs
23:12 Bakari: as long as it's not some random japanese stuff
23:13 squirrelpascals: no random japanese, just a usual std map, nothing out of the ordinary
23:13 squirrelpascals: here is the map if youre interested
23:13 *squirrelpascals is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1300354 deadmau5 - messages from nowhere]
23:17 Bakari: o, i can just check it right away
23:19 Bakari: exactly 300s wow
23:20 Bakari: up for an IRC check?
23:34 squirrelpascals: hey if youre still there can you do an irc check in like 20 minutes?
23:34 Bakari: sure
23:34 squirrelpascals: sorry im doing some houseworks atm
23:34 squirrelpascals: okay thanks 3
23:34 Bakari: that's cool
23:49 squirrelpascals: hey im back
23:49 Bakari: alright
23:49 Bakari: let's start with general stuff
23:49 Bakari: any link to confirm metadata?
23:49 squirrelpascals: cool
23:50 squirrelpascals: yes lemme pull it up
23:50 squirrelpascals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp_bxrK3uT8
23:51 squirrelpascals: this is from his self-owned label's youtube channel
23:51 squirrelpascals: might add a mau5trap tag also
23:52 squirrelpascals: is a 1920x1126 bg okay?
23:54 Bakari: yeah, the resolution is fine
23:54 Bakari: https://bakarisu.s-ul.eu/yjQEJSLJ.jpg this kind of confused me
23:54 Bakari: but your source also works, so we'll keep the current metadata
23:54 squirrelpascals: alright cool
23:55 Bakari: did you silence sliderticks 4 and 7 (soft)?
23:55 squirrelpascals: yes i beleive i did
23:55 Bakari: if so, they aren't really the files we use to mute things. there's a 44byte file you can get from osu's website directly
23:56 squirrelpascals: okay ill use that one instead
23:56 Bakari: http://up.ppy.sh/files/blank.wav
23:57 squirrelpascals: thanks for the link lol
23:58 squirrelpascals: done
00:00 Bakari: 00:24:545 - both instruments and vocals are kind apeaking here, i'd prefer something like https://bakarisu.s-ul.eu/0g60zQqA.jpg this
00:01 Bakari: this would affect a lot of sliders, though
00:01 squirrelpascals: okay i agree
00:01 squirrelpascals: wait how so
00:01 Bakari: 00:25:757 (3) - 00:26:666 (1) - okay, not a lot of, just two
00:02 squirrelpascals: theres a distuinguishable beat on the repeat arrows though isnt there
00:06 Bakari: 01:04:999 (4) - again, sort of similar thing 01:05:151 - the vocals and instruments sorta peak on 01:05:151 -
00:06 squirrelpascals: alright i can put another triple there
00:07 Bakari: or you can just split the slider https://bakarisu.s-ul.eu/mMlZZeHp.jpg
00:08 squirrelpascals: wouldnt that be doing the same thing?
00:08 squirrelpascals: with the slider starting on the red tick
00:09 Bakari: 01:05:303 - a slider would give us passive rhythm for this beat
00:09 Bakari: which makes more sense, since there isn't much going on
00:09 squirrelpascals: osu.ppy.sh/ss/8303844
00:09 squirrelpascals: what is what i was doing :p
00:10 squirrelpascals: same thing as 00:53:333 (1,2,3) - basically
00:10 Bakari: yeah, that's cool
00:10 squirrelpascals: cool
00:12 Bakari: 01:17:272 (1) - again, 01:17:424 - players don't get anything to click on here but the song has two separate beats which are pretty much identical
00:12 Bakari: just stack two circles and that'd work, I suppose
00:12 squirrelpascals: i think of that as one continuous tone
00:13 squirrelpascals: i dont really hear an individual note at 01:17:424 -
00:13 squirrelpascals: same kind of thing for the intro at 00:19:090 (1) -
00:13 Bakari: oh, well, that's fine I guess
00:13 Bakari: I feel two hold notes there, each is 1/8 beat long
00:13 squirrelpascals: okay
00:14 Bakari: but yeah
00:14 Bakari: as long as you keep your rhythm consistent, it works
00:14 squirrelpascals: cool
00:15 Bakari: 01:19:242 (2) - this one is mapped to that bass sound, right?
00:15 squirrelpascals: yeah it is, since it echos out
00:16 Bakari: why is 01:20:151 - a similar sound here ignored then?
00:17 squirrelpascals: you mean the voice that we were talking about earlier?
00:17 squirrelpascals: 01:19:242 (2) - is mapped to the echo of 01:18:787 (1) -
00:17 Bakari: not the voice, but the bass thingy
00:18 squirrelpascals: i dont really hear a bass sound there tbh
00:18 squirrelpascals: even if there is something there i used this same rhythm throughout this whole section
00:19 Bakari: yeah, I see that it's the same rhythm repeated multiple times
00:19 Bakari: still, that's kinda bothering me
00:19 Bakari: guess we'll just let it be for now
00:20 squirrelpascals: okay
00:20 squirrelpascals: wasnt aware of any bass note there
00:22 Bakari: 01:47:272 (3) - shouldn't this slider be reversed to keep the circular flow?
00:22 Bakari: oh, wait
00:23 squirrelpascals: if there should be more circulay flow here i can ctrl+g 01:47:575 (4) -
00:23 Bakari: https://bakarisu.s-ul.eu/mDrGaQkQ.jpg something of the kind woudl work
00:23 squirrelpascals: or the other one lol
00:24 squirrelpascals: ctrl+g 01:47:272 (3) - keeps it circular also
00:24 squirrelpascals: i like how 2 flows from 1 atm
00:24 Bakari: but there's still a sharp angle between 01:47:121 (2,3) - these two
00:25 Bakari: 01:49:090 (1,2,3) - this, for example feels way more natural because angle is bigger
00:27 squirrelpascals: to me it feels pretty natural because its more eliptical
00:27 squirrelpascals: do you mean smaller angle?
00:28 Bakari: just look at the screenshot, I've already changed that angle there
00:29 squirrelpascals: okay
00:29 squirrelpascals: i think ill try to do the screenshot but keep the curve of slider 1
00:30 squirrelpascals: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8304015
00:30 Bakari: yeah, that seems to work with the rest of the patterns better
00:31 squirrelpascals: sweet
00:33 Bakari: 03:08:636 (1,2) - i don't really feel like the antijump works here
00:33 Bakari: it contrasts too much with the spacing used before
00:33 squirrelpascals: okay i can agree
00:34 Bakari: something like a regular spacing or a smaller jump would be perfect
00:34 squirrelpascals: thats what im going for
00:34 Bakari: 03:10:151 (3,4,5,6,7) - this would also feel way more natural if there was some kind of transitional pattern like 03:08:636 (1,2) -
00:35 squirrelpascals: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8304056
00:35 squirrelpascals: is this too small?
00:35 Bakari: looks just right to me
00:35 squirrelpascals: cool
00:35 squirrelpascals: and can you elaborate on "transitional pattern"
00:36 Bakari: something that'd give players a slowdown after the jumps
00:36 squirrelpascals: like a repeat slider instead of a stream?
00:37 Bakari: we've already changed 03:08:636 (1,2) - into a more spaced thing
00:37 Bakari: that'll do, I guess
00:38 squirrelpascals: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8304085 is this alright?
00:38 Bakari: looks cool
00:38 Bakari: but i'll probably need some kind of explanation on 03:13:181 (1) - these shapes. what exactly do they do?
00:39 squirrelpascals: well the part from 03:13:939 - is the most intense part of the song, plus theres an added choir in the music
00:40 squirrelpascals: so i added these aesthetics 03:13:636 (2) - 03:18:030 (3) - to differentiate this part from the rest of the map
00:40 squirrelpascals: is that what you were wondering
00:40 Bakari: yeah
00:40 squirrelpascals: cool
00:40 Bakari: i just don't feel like the kiai differes from the rest of the song that much
00:41 Bakari: but i guess it's reasonable
00:41 squirrelpascals: yeah, choir and all the instruments playing at onc
00:41 squirrelpascals: once
00:43 Bakari: 03:53:636 - are you sure this doesn't need a circle?
00:44 Bakari: sounds pretty much identical to 03:55:757 (3,4) -
00:44 squirrelpascals: i just did the same thing i do with the other cymbals there
00:44 squirrelpascals: i can put a circle there if thats a problem
00:44 squirrelpascals: 01:36:969 (1,2) -
00:45 Bakari: i guess circles would feel more natural
00:45 Bakari: the cureent rhythm just feels kinda empty, especially when you compare it with stuff like 03:55:757 (3,4) -
00:45 squirrelpascals: okay fair enough
00:46 squirrelpascals: i will put circles for those parts
00:49 squirrelpascals: also changed 00:58:181 -
00:51 Bakari: oh, btw, does x0.2 sv count as non-standard slider velocity?
00:51 squirrelpascals: yeah i had to go into taiko mode for that
00:51 Bakari: https://bakarisu.s-ul.eu/LABCd8bx.jpg
00:52 Bakari: sounds kinda random to me, but I guess it has to be done https://bakarisu.s-ul.eu/LABCd8bx.jpg
00:52 squirrelpascals: alright i can put that in the discription once i update i
00:52 squirrelpascals: it
00:52 Bakari: it is literally listed as a rule
00:52 Bakari: so yeah
00:52 Bakari: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
00:52 squirrelpascals: okay i dont have a problem with that
00:53 squirrelpascals: didnt think it would be a problem since it waas at the beginning xp
00:54 Bakari: the last slider isn't really readable, tho
00:54 squirrelpascals: o
00:54 Bakari: unless you expect an sv change, it's very likely that you'll just click it like a regular kick slider
00:54 squirrelpascals: yeah
00:54 squirrelpascals: i can remove that
00:54 squirrelpascals: rip combobreaks
00:56 squirrelpascals: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8304226 still wanna do something cool for the end
00:56 squirrelpascals: thats x1 sv
00:56 Bakari: I wouldn't say it's cool, but I generally dislike these slider shapes :p
00:57 squirrelpascals: okay, i think theyre cool haha
00:57 Bakari: and I guess that's about it
00:57 squirrelpascals: sweet, ill update


~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
posted
nice drain time
[edgy top diff name]
00:14:393 (1) - unclear slider path plz fix
i know it doesnt matter and isnt unrankable here but its also super ugly so make it look nicer

00:24:242 - this section seems kinda high density, u could cut out some notes like 00:24:393 (2) - or 00:25:606 (2) - and make stuff like 00:25:151 (2) - without vocals into circles

00:36:666 (3,4,5,6,7) - same here pretty much

can u put sl 2 so 00:38:787 (1,2) - will stack thx

00:47:878 (3,4,1) - these line jump is kinda uncomfortable imo,,

00:52:121 (1,2,3) - u shd highlight the offbeat thing so that ur map isnt all the same rhythm for like 10 yearz

01:15:151 (1,2,3) - not a back and forth?

01:07:575 (1) - can u line this up with the line

01:11:515 (1) - this spacing is yuuge

01:20:909 (4,1) - seems weird to use the same patterning even tho the sound is clearly different
think making 4 2 clicks would fit better

01:30:909 (1,2,3) - ys the overlap so small now;

01:44:242 (1,2,3) - same u normally only use this pattern for the red sliders and u hav a very very defined pattern of back and forth for this sound

01:57:575 (1) - wud b better as 3 clicks cuz melody

02:05:757 - u could do something about this different sounding thing (02:00:909 (5) - )

02:14:772 - triplzz

02:50:151 (3,4) - slider here makes more sense
02:57:033 - in this section as a whole (the bookmark) u could add some triples to make it more interesting imo, stuff like 02:58:409 - or 03:03:181 (1,2) - could definitely support it

03:03:939 (1) - ur not larto,, these sliders died in 2009

03:19:393 (3,4) - ctrl g rhythzm
cuz melody on slider tail is kinda lame;

03:26:666 (3,4) - so big

04:14:242 (3) - shd totally b 2 clickz

04:25:454 (1) - wud b better as 1/2 sliders cuz all melody clickable stuff


also tell m why u used this bg cuz it seems completely 100% unrelated for no reason
a
posted

Naotoshi wrote:

nice drain time
[edgy top diff name]
00:14:393 (1) - unclear slider path plz fix
i know it doesnt matter and isnt unrankable here but its also super ugly so make it look nicer I think the slider path here is actually easy to determine. It's easy to see from the first part of the slider how the slider body loops around. http://i.imgur.com/1YYk0PT.png

00:24:242 - this section seems kinda high density, u could cut out some notes like 00:24:393 (2) - or 00:25:606 (2) - and make stuff like 00:25:151 (2) - without vocals into circles Don't think that this density is very high at all. I represented the vocals at 00:24:545 (3,1,2) - with the stronger vocal notes on the sliderheads and there are weaker ones on the slidertails, so it's necessary. These long repeat sliders at 00:25:757 (3,1) - reduce a lot of clicking rhythms as well

00:36:666 (3,4,5,6,7) - same here pretty much all the notes were stronger here so i decided to use all circles here, small jumps aren't that stressful to play. decided to do a little more here going into the "drop"

can u put sl 2 so 00:38:787 (1,2) - will stack thx I don't like using perfect overlaps, I would rather stack them like this

00:47:878 (3,4,1) - these line jump is kinda uncomfortable imo,, Don't know what exactl to say to this because i use this at this same part through the whole map.. but imo they play fine already

00:52:121 (1,2,3) - u shd highlight the offbeat thing so that ur map isnt all the same rhythm for like 10 yearz its true that the rhythm is kind of dull which im not a big fan of either (although it kind of captures the progressiveness of the song) but i want to stay consistent with what im doing here. I might find a way to show diversity in the future.

01:15:151 (1,2,3) - not a back and forth? made one

01:07:575 (1) - can u line this up with the line made this aesthetic smoother

01:11:515 (1) - this spacing is yuuge agree

01:20:909 (4,1) - seems weird to use the same patterning even tho the sound is clearly different
think making 4 2 clicks would fit better I want to stick to mapping drums here the same way as the first part (similar to the other orange reply above). I start following the new sound the white tick after this

01:30:909 (1,2,3) - ys the overlap so small now; dont think this is a bad thing because the sliders are parallel so theyre still harmonious iwth eachother

01:44:242 (1,2,3) - same u normally only use this pattern for the red sliders and u hav a very very defined pattern of back and forth for this sound i made the pattern go back and then forth

01:57:575 (1) - wud b better as 3 clicks cuz melody would be a good rhythm, but want to keep the rhythm density lower here so that I can allow more of a buildup to the harder parts of the map like 02:35:151 - there, the melody is a lot stronger compared to here

02:05:757 - u could do something about this different sounding thing (02:00:909 (5) - ) i had some fun with aesthetics for this

02:14:772 - triplzz the note here id barely noticable. Im pretty sure this is just audio distortion from slowing down the song

02:50:151 (3,4) - slider here makes more sense I want to recognize the strong snare at 02:50:303 - , same for all
02:57:033 - in this section as a whole (the bookmark) u could add some triples to make it more interesting imo, stuff like 02:58:409 - or 03:03:181 (1,2) - could definitely support it same as the last triple, i dont think those notes are recognizable enough to map to

03:03:939 (1) - ur not larto,, these sliders died in 2009 too bad im bringing them back

03:19:393 (3,4) - ctrl g rhythzm
cuz melody on slider tail is kinda lame; i dont usually do this but im following the drums here

03:26:666 (3,4) - so big did something

04:14:242 (3) - shd totally b 2 clickz sounds like one sound to me

04:25:454 (1) - wud b better as 1/2 sliders cuz all melody clickable stuff The reason why i didnt do this is because that would just give me 5 1/2 sliders in a row and would make this part feel really slider spammy and repetitive (not like the map needs more repetition than it does)


also tell m why u used this bg cuz it seems completely 100% unrelated for no reason idk, i thought it reminded me of the song because the ambiance of both is kind of similar.
a
thanks for the mod :)
posted
recheck placeholder

edit: we changed a bunch of rhythms to make it not as boring, bubbled.

(7:45 am UTC friday)

edit 2: it doesnt show up on mapfeed so im just gonna make a new post
posted
ok bubbled
posted
Modded via IRC.

Log
23:22 Gero: yoo yoo, let's do IRC mod
23:22 Gero: ovo
23:22 squirrelpascals: hi!
23:22 squirrelpascals: and sure :D
23:22 Gero: give me some minutes, I'll get something to eat xD
23:22 Gero: I'm hungry haha
23:23 squirrelpascals: alrigtht xD
23:33 Gero: okay I'm here
23:33 Gero: could you np the set?
23:34 squirrelpascals: sure
23:34 *squirrelpascals is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1346092 deadmau5 - messages from nowhere]
23:37 squirrelpascals: ugh my taskbar keeps showing up in the editor mode
23:37 squirrelpascals: im going to quickly restart
23:38 Gero: welcome back
23:38 Gero: o3o
23:38 squirrelpascals: thanks
23:38 squirrelpascals: hopefully this wokred ;o
23:41 squirrelpascals: its not working argh
23:42 Gero: oh man :(
23:42 squirrelpascals: i found a work around for this last time it happened ill figure it out
23:42 squirrelpascals: meanwhile you can just list concerns about the map here
23:42 Gero: alright then
23:45 squirrelpascals: okay i figured it ouw
23:45 Gero: as far as I know I think you're passing through the limit of the background dimensions, your current one is 1920x1126. I thought the limit was 1920x1080 so I'd like to resize that
23:46 squirrelpascals: okay, when i asked the limit was 1920x1200
23:46 Gero: did they change that? xD let me check
23:46 Gero: hold on
23:47 squirrelpascals: https://puu.sh/wWK7W/ceb16d2d77.png
23:47 squirrelpascals: yuii also said 1920x1200
23:47 Gero: alright, I just confused the limits lmao, everything's fine
23:48 squirrelpascals: alright cool :o
23:48 Gero: hopefully all hitsounds are used, right? I don't have the checker app to see it xD
23:49 squirrelpascals: yeah i was sure to use them all, i can double check
23:49 Gero: sure =v=b
23:49 squirrelpascals: if you want i can also pinpoint where i use each one xp
23:49 Gero: no no xD
23:49 Gero: don't worry
23:49 squirrelpascals: also can i put a circle at 00:24:393 -
23:49 squirrelpascals: okay xp
23:49 Gero: I was about to suggest adding a circle there hahaha
23:50 Gero: sure go ahead
23:50 squirrelpascals: okay cool
23:50 squirrelpascals: nao didnt agree with a circle being there so i just said id ask you haha
23:51 Gero: 00:28:181 - I'd like to suggest adding one here, there's somehow a vocal sound
23:51 Gero: I see nothing wrong in adding one there xD
23:51 squirrelpascals: alright sure
23:52 squirrelpascals: oh
23:52 squirrelpascals: 00:27:575 (3) - going to snap to the blue with
23:52 squirrelpascals: tick*
23:52 squirrelpascals: not with wtf
23:52 Gero: alright
23:53 squirrelpascals: did both
23:59 Gero: 00:53:333 (1,2,3) - Is there's any special reason to do a stack with these 3 objects? I think would be a lot better to unstack them imo
00:00 squirrelpascals: i stack here whenever im mapping to vocals
00:00 squirrelpascals: for this bookmark
00:00 squirrelpascals: also at 01:04:848 (3,4,5) -
00:00 Gero: 00:57:878 (1,1) - I know that you're trying to emphatize the strong next beat, but don't you think that this is really a huge jump? D:
00:00 Gero: Alright got it :3
00:00 squirrelpascals: im trying to keep the difficulty lower in the earlier parts of the map
00:01 squirrelpascals: that does seem a bit overspaced ill move it down
00:01 squirrelpascals: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8716614 better?
00:02 Gero: a looot better
00:02 squirrelpascals: sweeet
00:02 Gero: 02:25:606 - my fav part for sure <3
00:03 squirrelpascals: uhm is it okay if i switch some of these samplesets from soft to drum?
00:03 squirrelpascals: hahaha
00:03 Gero: sure it's fine
00:03 squirrelpascals: that repeat slider looks as lonely as i do
00:03 Gero: same tbh xD
00:03 Gero: hahaha
00:05 Gero: 03:10:151 (3,4,5) - This pattern is bothering me a bit, basically these objects has the same kind of pitch, so why having them with a different spacing? 02:28:030 (1,2,3) - I think something like this is better
00:06 squirrelpascals: can i make 02:28:333 (3) - a slider
00:06 squirrelpascals: and i dont see what you mean, those parts look pretty similar
00:07 Gero: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8716644 I mean this
00:07 squirrelpascals: oh
00:08 squirrelpascals: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8716648
00:08 squirrelpascals: i see this
00:08 squirrelpascals: do you have a different version? :o
00:08 Gero: wooow, right lol
00:08 Gero: updated hahaha
00:08 Gero: looks fine as it is
00:09 squirrelpascals: okay xp
00:09 squirrelpascals: im also going to rotate this 03:14:696 (4) -
00:10 Gero: sure
00:11 Gero: that's all, it's a great difficulty <3
00:11 squirrelpascals: alright thanks :D
00:11 squirrelpascals: i will update when im finished changing hitsounding parts
00:11 Gero: alright =v=b
00:12 squirrelpascals: how much longer will you be on for?
00:12 squirrelpascals: dont think it will take that long but i'd like to be sure
00:12 Gero: well you should wait 24 hours cause I qualified another set already ;u;
00:13 squirrelpascals: oh alright no worries
00:13 squirrelpascals: i forgot that theres a limited number of qualifies xp
00:14 Gero: per person, yeah xD
posted
Changed few patterns due that the difficulty of them were a bit unpredictable.

~ Approved (Qualified) ~
posted
Someone should learn bbcode syntax, check your tags order they are fucked up.

Your description should be
[centre][url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the%20call%20of%20the%20void]call of the void[/url][/centre]
[centre][notice][box=]Thank you so much to Spork Lover for helping me add some life to this map and making this map a bit more enjoyable. Has always been an influence to my mapping <3
[size=50][url=https://puu.sh/wzbzh/6c3c5d3090.osu]old version[/url][/size][/box][/notice][/centre]
[centre][notice][img]https://puu.sh/wTUoi/67b9b9ee08.png[/img][/notice][/centre]
Edit: Yes that's most likely why the website is broken

Edit2: Got updated, everything work now
posted
Congrats on breaking the osu! website.
posted
I am not std player, but why is it approved with ~5min drain time? Isn't it has to be 5min+ to be approved?
nvm website bugged
Please sign in to reply.