forum

easy maps with od9 or higher

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Caradine
Hi, do you have a moment?

I'm looking for exactly that, maps with od9 or higher that are preferably below 4 stars. also would be nice if they're short.

Please share if you can :(
Smokk
I don't think you'll find an OD9 map below 4 stars. But you could edit an Insane to OD9 in the editor if you'd like to.
7ambda
Get off your high horse and learn real skill.
Topic Starter
Caradine

Smokk wrote:

I don't think you'll find an OD9 map below 4 stars. But you could edit an Insane to OD9 in the editor if you'd like to.
i found a few hards and normals that work with dt/hr/dthr, od7 dt seems to be od9
i'm also looking for that because i can't find more :(

F1r3tar wrote:

but what how :(
Dovydas
try HR, don't think you'll find many od9 at such low star rating.
Topic Starter
Caradine

Dovydas wrote:

try HR, don't think you'll find many od9 at such low star rating.
i have difficulty finding maps that won't also be ar10 :(
Endaris
Nattsun

F1r3tar wrote:

Because accuracy is not important in a rhythm game :^)
chainpullz

Cirno9 wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

What makes you think 3* maps have rhythm? Most hard difficulties are undermapped, ignore half the music, and are almost completely devoid of 1/4 snaps. Being able to OD9+ on simple maps doesn't translate to good accuracy on actual maps.

vs
7ambda

Cirno9 wrote:

OD 9 is fine, but NOT in the sense that he's looking for

chainpullz gives a perfect explanation of what i mean
Topic Starter
Caradine

chainpullz wrote:

What makes you think 3* maps have rhythm? Most hard difficulties are undermapped, ignore half the music, and are almost completely devoid of 1/4 snaps. Being able to OD9+ on simple maps doesn't translate to good accuracy on actual maps.
he didn't say or deny any of those, it's also not useful to "find out" that simple od9 maps are easier than complex od10 maps :o

Mostly because I'm looking for farm 8-)
Yolshka
I suppose people have different interpretations on what a complex beatmap is, but I belive that changing the od in the editor to 10 from whatever value it was on, does not make a map harder to acc. I don't see why it would, your hits on the hit error meter are unlikely to change anway. You'll obviously, most likely going to score less accuracy %, but that's due to the blue area shrinking. Chainpullz pointed out an issue that's similiar to what I'm talking about.

I'd say that the overall accuracy you get is very heavily tied to reading, which is why these complex maps pose a threat.Besides, accuary is not rocket science, you just have to press the button when you hear the beat, and the beat is the same regardless of od.
Well, that's assuming that we measure accuracy by looking at how far away we are from the absolute perfect hit, which i doubt that the playerbase have agreed on.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/18156 pretty easy, pretty fun, maybe take a look at it later.
Topic Starter
Caradine

Yolshka wrote:

I suppose people have different interpretations on what a complex beatmap is, but I belive that changing the od in the editor to 10 from whatever value it was on, does not make a map harder to acc. I don't see why it would, your hits on the hit error meter are unlikely to change anway. You'll obviously, most likely going to score less accuracy %, but that's due to the blue area shrinking. Chainpullz pointed out an issue that's similiar to what I'm talking about.

I'd say that the overall accuracy you get is very heavily tied to reading, which is why these complex maps pose a threat.Besides, accuary is not rocket science, you just have to press the button when you hear the beat, and the beat is the same regardless of od.
Well, that's assuming that we measure accuracy by looking at how far away we are from the absolute perfect hit, which i doubt that the playerbase have agreed on.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/18156 pretty easy, pretty fun, maybe take a look at it later.
Hey, I didn't get what chainpullz and F1r3tar were talking about (i'm sorry)
but I get what you mean, higher OD doesn't make the map harder to acc in an actual solid way, it just changes the resulting pixels on the screen...
That's important to keep in mind i guess.

And thank you, I will try it :D
timemon

Yolshka wrote:

Higher OD makes maps harder to acc. Due to stricter timing windows. You get lower accuracy because it IS HARDER to acc.

You're also downplaying how hard OD10 is even on the simplest maps. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/134621/ change the OD to 10 and see how you fare.
7ambda

timemon wrote:

You're also downplaying how hard OD10 is even on the simplest maps. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/134621/ change the OD to 10 and see how you fare.
you could've picked something less cringy to listen to
timemon

F1r3tar wrote:

timemon wrote:

you could've picked something less cringy to listen to
I'm just sending him an example of simpler maps, though.
But is it even related to the topic lol

I play all the maps because I don't limit myself on my taste so I could get better ;)
7ambda

timemon wrote:

I'm just sending him an example of simpler maps, though.
But is it even related to the topic lol

I play all the maps because I don't limit myself on my taste so I could get better ;)
yes, because i was gonna attempt, but not that
timemon
7ambda
too late now, I'm offline
chainpullz
I mean, I'm definitely not floob and I've never spam retried maps for accuracy but it's not that difficult to get a decent OD10 acc on piss easy maps.
Nattsun

chainpullz wrote:

I mean, I'm definitely not floob and I've never spam retried maps for accuracy but it's not that difficult to get a decent OD10 acc on piss easy maps.
Why do I have that feel that you just suck on techmaps...
show more