OH WOW Rei CHAN!! How can you make a map so good you are still 6 digit? You are so amazing! This map is so good! FUN TO PLAY and NICE HITSOUNDS! How you know to make insane beatmap
idk how to mod, this is my first time but i'll try to fix the metadatathanks a bunch~Source: 東方Project
Tags: Halozy Touhou Seirensen Star Lotus Ship 星蓮船 ～ Undefined Fantastic Object 2009 stage 6 theme 法界の火 Fires of Hokkai 感情の摩天楼 Hijiri Byakuren Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind Grand Slam c90 90 水瀬ましろ Mashiro Minase sumijun c88 comiket 88 2015 Marathon 幻奏響UROBOROS肆dEATHtINYoVERdRIVE
13:21 Zxozmo: hello
13:21 Mombei: Oh, hi
13:21 Zxozmo: sorry bout my map
13:21 Zxozmo: but im ready whenever you are
13:22 Mombei: It would be better to get this over with as soon as possible
13:22 Zxozmo: ill just wait until you finish with your mods
13:22 Mombei: I had started, so I have a saved draft with some suggestions already
13:22 Zxozmo: thanks
13:23 Mombei: Let me fix up a couple of things and we may get started
13:23 Zxozmo: ok
13:24 Mombei: Okay then
13:24 Mombei: I only got as far as the first bit before the pause
13:24 Zxozmo: iim ready as well\
13:25 Mombei: 00:00:329 (1,2,3)
13:25 Mombei: 3 should blanket 1's sliderhead and be arranged as a triangle (1-2-3)
13:26 Zxozmo: ok done
13:26 Mombei: [https://puu.sh/wk8L9/01671e42f6.jpg this is what it would look like]
13:26 Zxozmo: ah yes
13:26 Mombei: Don't eyeball triangles, especially when you're going to build a lot of them
13:26 Zxozmo: should i also rotate is as well so that 3 doesnt lead into a dead zone?
13:27 Mombei: A way to make perfect triangles is to create 2 new circles that overlap perfectly 1 and 2 and rotate them by 60 degrees, and overlap again
13:27 Mombei: Then you'll have a placeholder for 3 that makes a perfect triangle
13:27 Mombei: rotate what?
13:27 Zxozmo: um
13:27 Zxozmo: 00:00:329 (1,2,3) -
13:28 Mombei: Why would you? Just make the placeholder the way I just explained and make 3 so it blankets 1
13:28 Zxozmo: ok then
13:29 Mombei: 00:01:328 (5) - It's probably better to make this slider just blanket 1 instead of overlapping it awkwardly [url=https://puu.sh/wk95x/aae2844ffe.jpg like this]
13:29 Mombei: Oh dammit
13:29 Mombei: That looks neat though
13:29 Mombei: You there?
13:29 Zxozmo: ye
13:30 Zxozmo: im trying to see where the slider tail of 2 went
13:30 Zxozmo: sorry
13:30 Zxozmo: i meant 1
13:30 Mombei: 00:01:828 (6) - With the new 5 if you just ctrlG this it looks good and plays fine, so do that
13:30 Mombei: 1's slidertail position doesn't matter, it's already faded
13:30 Zxozmo: ah
13:31 Mombei: 00:02:662 (9,1) - bring your stack leniency down to like, 3 (in the song setup, last tab) and overlap these
13:32 Zxozmo: ok done
13:32 Mombei: Also, you should delete 1 and use a flipped copy of 00:02:328 (8) instead
13:32 Mombei: Move 9 and 1 so that the slidertail overlaps with 00:01:828 (6)'s head and blankets 8 too, like [https://puu.sh/wk9fZ/0ed57d5d48.jpg this]
13:32 Zxozmo: ok
13:33 Mombei: 00:02:995 (1,2,3,4,5) - This pattern is better arranged like the previous one. [https://puu.sh/wk9BE/159a663eb8.jpg sketch]
13:33 Mombei: That's as far as I had gotten, from there I guess 6 would have to be fixed
13:35 Mombei: I'm thinking something like [https://puu.sh/wlECS/89416c391a.jpg this]
13:35 Mombei: Dude wth
13:36 Zxozmo: sorry
13:36 Zxozmo: router crashed
13:36 Zxozmo: anyways i did what you asked me
13:36 Mombei: I was saying
13:36 Mombei: I'm thinking something like [https://puu.sh/wlECS/89416c391a.jpg this] for 6
13:37 Zxozmo: ah thats nice
13:37 Mombei: You probably want to make it look as close to 00:01:828 (6,7,8,9) - as possible
13:37 Mombei: And just repeat that arrangement for the rest of the section
13:38 Mombei: It probably requires some replacement, it's not something that can be done with just tweaking around
13:38 Zxozmo: how about hitcircles?
13:38 Mombei: Mh?
13:38 Zxozmo: to change some of the sliders
13:39 Mombei: I don't understand what you're attempting to convey to me
13:39 Zxozmo: 00:02:328 (8) -
13:40 Zxozmo: replacing it with hitcricles instead of the usual slider?
13:40 Zxozmo: something like that
13:40 Mombei: I mean, you could do that, but why would you?
13:41 Zxozmo: i dont mean it like change it there
13:41 Zxozmo: for the other parts
13:41 Mombei: Again
13:41 Mombei: You could do that, but why would you?
13:41 Zxozmo: ah
13:44 Mombei: Well
13:44 Mombei: Pretty much the same applies to everything else after that
13:44 Zxozmo: im doing the same changes before the first break
13:45 Mombei: You need to consider more how objects play into each other
13:45 Mombei: And have a reason to change the flow
13:45 Mombei: A reason to use different spacings
13:45 Mombei: A reason to arrange objects a certain way
13:45 Mombei: What you lack is a criteria behind object placement
13:45 Zxozmo: how can i change that?
13:45 Mombei: If I just told you "make this pattern like this" you wouldn't get anything out of it
13:46 Mombei: Honestly, it's the same as getting better
13:46 Mombei: play more
13:46 Mombei: map more
13:46 Mombei: Focus on it
13:46 Mombei: Prioritize flow until it's second nature
13:46 Mombei: You got rhythm down pretty well
13:46 Mombei: Now practice object placement
13:46 Zxozmo: is it possible for me to use how other maps flow into each other?
13:46 Mombei: Flow is a pretty vague and general concept
13:47 Mombei: It's more about comfortable and uncomfortable movement
13:47 Zxozmo: pishifat?
13:47 Mombei: Yeah, that
13:47 Mombei: A good rule of thumb is to use comfortable movement unless you have a reason not to
13:47 Zxozmo: what are those reasons tho?
13:47 Mombei: A sound that stands out a lot, perhaps
13:48 Mombei: Or maybe a repetition of the same section
13:48 *Mombei is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1291493 Daniel Ingram - My Little Pony Theme Song]
13:48 Zxozmo: i see
13:48 Mombei: This is the map I used to practice circular flow
13:49 *Mombei is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1317729 Fractal Dreamers - Fortuna Redux [Extra]]
13:49 Zxozmo: ill try it
13:49 Mombei: And with this I've been practicing streams
13:49 Mombei: Making neat streams is tougher than it looks
13:50 Zxozmo: ill keep that in mind if i decide to make streams
13:51 Mombei: Sometimes it's good to get inspiration from other mappers
13:51 Mombei: For example
13:51 *Mombei is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1301681 Daniel Ingram - My Little Pony Theme Song [Insane]]
13:51 Mombei: 00:12:589 (2,3,4,5) - Seen these anywhere?
13:52 Zxozmo: i havent mapped that long that i havent seen those types of patterns yet
13:53 Zxozmo: one last question
13:53 Zxozmo: do you use silders for streams?
13:53 Mombei: Of course
13:53 Mombei: No sane man handdraws their streams
13:53 *Mombei is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/869222 BABYMETAL - Road of Resistance [Rebellion]]
13:53 Zxozmo: but some people dont though?
13:54 Mombei: 01:35:007 (1,2,3,4) -
13:54 Mombei: The people that don't can't have neat streams unless they spend an unreasonable amount of time drawing them
13:54 Mombei: Using sliders is just better
13:54 Zxozmo: ok ok
13:55 Zxozmo: also
13:55 *Zxozmo is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1317729 Fractal Dreamers - Fortuna Redux [Extra]]
13:55 Zxozmo: how did you make those streams with different spacing
13:55 Mombei: By using different sliders
13:55 Mombei: You don't make the whole stream with just one slider
13:55 Mombei: Otherwise shaping them would be painful
13:56 Zxozmo: and when is a good idea to expand or shorten the streams?
13:56 Mombei: That's usually based on the instensity of the song
13:57 Mombei: A lot of the time it's also just for variation
13:57 Mombei: Whether that's correct varies from case to case though
13:57 Zxozmo: how?
13:57 Mombei: I just told you - it's case dependent
13:57 Zxozmo: ah
13:57 Mombei: You'd have to look at the map to see if it actually fits
13:58 Zxozmo: hmm like drumrolls?
13:58 Mombei: I suppose
13:59 Zxozmo: thanks
13:59 Zxozmo: ill get to mapping once im done taking a break
13:59 Mombei: I guess I'll post this as an IRC mod
13:59 Mombei: Sorry again for the delay
My first mod, sry if i dont find much :/Thanks for modding
Halozy - Runaway
- fix aimod stuff Fixed the kiai times being not snapped, also this is a marathon map anyways so no 2 more difficulties
- audio is only 128 kbps, if you can find some higher quality that would help (128 is still rankable) I found a 320 kbps version so thanks for letting me know!
- i saw that you had a silent slider slide and tick hit sound, make sure you don't make them both silent on sliders(i didn't find any but make sure) Ill counter check then~Good song and fun to play, good luck. ^^
- 00:07:995 (1,1,1) - This stack feels weird, breaks the rhythm you had going without any change in the song Intentional so they can be taught about other spacing anomalies later in the song (especially around before the first kiai time)
- 01:11:495 (1) - snap slider end to blue tick? feels to short.Intentional cause of the music
- 02:37:663 (1) - personally i would make this stream section less curvy and for it to have consistent spacing its for variety, also it warns you about spacing change if it starts a new combo mid stream(also works in other parts of the song)
- 02:54:829 (2,2) - make these 2 sliders curve better instead of more straight, the only time where you made the sliders not curved Fixed~
- 04:24:329 (1) - doesn't line up with the burst Fixed!
- 04:24:828 (1) - ^
- 04:25:328 (1) - ^
Aesthetics and Visual SpacingThanks for modding!
ur visual spacing is not very consistent at all, i will give an example to try to explain what i mean (fixed! for the slow parts)
00:00:329 (1,2,3) - the distance between the objects here visually is known as visual spacing. here its rather close together
then when it gets to here 00:01:328 (5,6,7,8,9) - it becomes further apart. u want to keep the visual spacing concept as consistent as possible to make ur map look neat and clean (Fixed)
00:29:662 (1,3) - 00:35:995 (5,1) - 00:24:828 (3,4) - and here its just way too close, give some moderate distance to ur blankets (Fixed!)
avoid overlaps that seem unintentional (fixed these!)
00:07:161 (6,1) -
00:17:328 (4,2) -
00:19:828 (5,2,5,6) - 01:02:995 (2,1) -
00:08:328 (1,1) - here u randomly just put 2 circles instead of ur usual 1/1 slider
00:35:995 (5) - normally u use a circle but u put a slider here actually u seem to just randomly swap around these 2 variations, u could either just stick with one or just swap them in a systematic order
Fixed the Screwy Rhythm!
00:21:662 - while i can see that you put the claps on the dominant beat, the standard usage of the clap is to follow the snare or the beat of the music which usually go on the 2nd and 4th white ticks 00:21:995 - 00:22:662 -
Changed the hitsounds~
01:09:495 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - what in the hell is this supposed to be following here lol? the 1,2,3 1,2,3 circle pattern should be starting on 01:09:662 - ur 1/2 a beat early (Ikr it took me a while to fixed but anyways (Fixed!)
01:12:328 - half the kiai seems to be just following the drums on a 1/1 track without much diversity. why not follow the vocals some more? ur literally just mapping to the beat until 01:20:328 -
not to mention ur rhythm consistency here strays off from the first half of the kiai 01:28:328 -
(Well I try to actually follow the voice and the beat with the beat on top, if i follow the vocals too much it'll lead into rhythm inconsistency)
Also fixed the first part!
01:39:828 - im not sure what happens here but the rhythm just stops following the music around here lol, u stop following the 1,2,3 structure u've developped for urself (Yeah pretty much it was a stupid rhythm i made, but Either way its fixed!)
k ill stop here for now. try to improve the map urself with some of these points
First mod, sry if theres something wrongDone! ill be working on it now non-stop since it's my sembreak!
Offset feels a bit off, try 317
00:10:995 (8) - Maybe use x0,5 SV until here, then, 00:21:662 (1) - x0,75 SV until here fits better imo since the song is still building up until that point
(True, also changed it into x0.75 now
00:46:328 (5) - i think a long slider instead of a spinner would be better here
00:56:995 (6) - ^
02:19:662 (2) - ^
02:37:663 (1) - 02:42:494 (8) - this stream has a lot of unnecessary direction changes, try redrawing it into something like this https://puu.sh/wZ7ak/343aa82e43.mp4
03:25:662 (1) - 03:28:162 (16) - theres no need to put this jumps here
(Well i considered it as boss battle, also there's a sweer guitar sound here that i accomapanied it with
04:26:662 (4) - i think kiai should end here, not sure
03:54:162 (1,2) - space this more from 03:53:662 (1,2) -
03:54:662 (1) - ^
that was it i think, map is really fun
Title: runawayTy letting me know to change the source but i dont know what to do with the links can you please tell me?
Source: 東方星蓮船 ～ Undefined Fantastic Object.
Disc 3 http://www.toranoana.jp/info/dojin/toho_uroboros4/
oFirst of all thank you for modding!
[- - General - -]
- - I compressed the mp3 file into 192kbps, the maximum bit rate rankable and also reduced the file size. Here it is, and you might want to change the offset a little too.
- By any chance, are you using the custom hitsound "soft-slidertick.wav"? You might need to delete it, or try to make a good use of it in some of the sections in the map.
Yes i am on the slow parts of the song
- Not sure if I'm gonna be right about it, but I've seen some storyboard file elements hanging around the beatmap folder which are also unused. Or is it still WIP? I might be wrong, but saying it just in case.
Believe me, the story board is WIP as all heck (cause i dont know how TO storyboard
[- - Escape - -]
- 00:23:160 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:25:826 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The structures here aren't really well organized and way cluttered, pattern designing seems really lacking at some point. The overall flow and distance spacing are kinda out of place as well... So in order to fix that, you might need to reconsider a few note placements or density and rearrange the pattern nto something better than the current ones. There are others further that also applies the same issue as these two parts, so I may not gonna repeat this.
- 00:34:993 (1,3,5) - 00:37:660 (1,3,5) - The slider positionings over these, and many more further of course, are probably not the best way to comprehend the smooth flow somehow. They don't seem to be appealing as well, so maybe you should try to reshape those sliders a bit curvy rather than random. But hey, I've found some good sliders around, unfortunately it wasn't using consistently for aesthetics.
Changed into something much better!
- 00:45:326 (1,2,3,4,5) - Because of the velocity change on 00:46:160 - , the visual aspect here looked really harshen as if it is extending its distance spacing in all of the sudden. I would recommend removing the green inherited point and balance the spacing in between the notes to make things cleaner.
When i asked some people to test play it it seems as they had no problem with that change as the instruments actually become silenced in this part and the vocals are left
- 00:58:993 (3) - You probably had a good idea on this one long slider art, sadly it wasn't executed properly due lack of polishing. But there's an option to change the slider shap of this if you want it to look better in many ways. Bt to me personally, you can stick with this design and redo to this type of slider positioning. It might save you some more time rather than thinking of another shape of slider.
That's actually a smoother slider than i made, Using it!
- 01:09:493 - I have no idea why would you literally skip this beat just after the stream. It sounds quite promising for at least a circle or a 1/2 slider in my opinion. But it's up to you for sure.
- 01:41:576 (1) - 01:52:243 (1) - Well, I can see you're mostly following the melody and some vocal. But to be honest, the whole tracks that's being added as a spinner has a lot of good beats that's worth mapping on it. The section in these two are covering the whole thing that has something potential especially the percussion and downbeat at the end of the spinner, which is supposed to be clicked than lifted. So I would suggest removing the spinners and just add a few more notes in order to not skip beats that are too great to map.
Changed the (some) of the spinners into circles/sliders
Though the spinners are there to make sure that there are sufficient break times for the player
- 02:02:326 (4,5,6,7,8) - 02:07:660 (4,5,6,7,8) - 02:12:493 (1,2,3,4,5) - These streams appear out of nowhere. There aren't any audible soundwaves over the blue ticks in the song track, even the inaudible ones are barely heard. So this might be having an overmap issue or something related to it. I highly recommend to remove the 1/4 circles to avoid overburdening the note density.
The streams are changed into simple jumps now since that IS overmapping apparantly
The map still needed more tweaks and improvements, especially the structure though. You executed the rhythm compositions quite okay, but the design of the difficulty itself wasn't really perfect. I hope you'll do better!
16:10 Zxozmo: uh hey
16:11 PeterEU: okay then
16:14 PeterEU: 00:02:669 (9,1) - i feel like those could be stacked but not sure
16:15 Zxozmo: it has a 1 beat apart i also use that later in the song
16:15 Zxozmo: wait let me update it first
16:16 PeterEU: okay tell when you update
16:17 Zxozmo: updated
16:17 Zxozmo: done
16:17 Zxozmo: ready to spec as well
16:18 PeterEU: ok
16:22 PeterEU: OH
16:22 PeterEU: no
16:22 PeterEU: xd
16:23 PeterEU: i;ve noticed some things that can be improved
16:23 Zxozmo: yes?
16:23 PeterEU: so will point out
16:23 Zxozmo: sure
16:23 Zxozmo: also i apologize
16:23 Zxozmo: i just realized some parts arent hitsounded yet
16:24 PeterEU: 00:13:669 (1,3,5) - distance of these are not the same 00:14:169 (3,5) - these are closer
16:24 PeterEU: it feels weird
16:24 PeterEU: while playing
16:25 Zxozmo: if you rotate them they have the same distance though
16:25 PeterEU: nope
16:26 Zxozmo: oh yep
16:26 Zxozmo: nvm
16:26 Zxozmo: i fixed it
16:26 PeterEU: ok
16:26 PeterEU: there are more
16:26 PeterEU: things
16:26 PeterEU: 00:24:669 (2,3,4) - it feels weird
16:27 Zxozmo: well i did forget to move that
16:27 Zxozmo: that wasnt intentional btw
16:27 Zxozmo: it used to be
16:27 PeterEU: 00:36:002 (5) - shape of this slider is weird and idk if you wanted to make blanket here
16:27 PeterEU: if yes its off
16:28 Zxozmo: there used to be another slider there
16:28 Zxozmo: when i first mapped this
16:28 Zxozmo: fixed
16:29 PeterEU: 01:25:335 (7) - it feels unnatural because you jumped to the right and then slider goes to the left
16:30 Zxozmo: fixed
16:32 PeterEU: 03:11:669 (1,2,3,4,5) - i feel like this jumps could be improved
16:32 Zxozmo: ah yes
16:32 Zxozmo: do you have any suggestions regarding that?
16:32 PeterEU: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9393866
16:32 PeterEU: im bad at making extras
16:32 PeterEU: so idk
16:32 PeterEU: xd
16:33 Zxozmo: well you know im bad at making easier diffs so it balances out haha
16:33 Zxozmo: ethat's a good suggestion
16:33 Zxozmo: ok donne it~
16:34 PeterEU: 03:18:335 (3) - this is hmm wierd also because jumps goes down and then slider is going up at weird angle
16:34 Zxozmo: made it look smoother now
16:35 PeterEU: 03:33:669 (2) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9393887 this is how it should look
16:35 PeterEU: wavy sliders are that hard :p
16:36 PeterEU: also http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9393897
16:36 Zxozmo: yeah i agree
16:36 Zxozmo: done it
16:37 PeterEU: 03:47:835 (4,5) - fix blanket rotate slider better
16:38 PeterEU: 04:31:669 (1,2) - it feels weird
16:39 Zxozmo: that's supposed to be stacked
16:39 PeterEU: but it isnt >_<
16:39 Zxozmo: yeah thanks for pointing that out
16:40 Zxozmo: 04:32:335 (6) - extended it
16:41 PeterEU: ok i think its fine
16:41 PeterEU: now
16:41 Zxozmo: 04:27:002 (1) - ^
16:41 Zxozmo: you wanna post this as an IRC mod?
16:41 PeterEU: sure why not
hi , from my qLate reply cause lifeGeneral
- *hmm disable countdown lol
*also disable the widescreen support as well .. no need them
I do when im gonna storyboard
*about the hitsound volume .. dont put it to 100% it is too loud ..
Yeah changed it~Escape
- 00:46:410 (1) - what with this random spinner lol
Idk, i changed though
00:57:076 (1) - hmm i think better both of them change into a long slider
01:00:826 (4,1) - blanket this
01:04:326 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - can be better .. i mean the arragement
Changed the arrangement!
01:11:160 (5) - i think you shound distance this more .. cuz the sound is a bit louder at that part
01:52:243 (1) - idk what up with you and your random slider xD
Dunno man, i just like em, changed though into a spinner
03:20:993 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - can be better
Made em look smoother
03:23:826 (3,6) - blanket this
03:25:660 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - idk why you increase the distance as the song goes ... i see it is unnecessary because the sound is just the same .. i think it would be better is the jump distance same and arrange it in different angle
It accompanies the sweet guitar riff
hmm sorry but to be honest with you your map arrangement note is kindda messy and all over the place ... i think you should work more on arranging them so it look neatly for rank .. practice make perfect (I remapped this when you posted this lol, but i think it looks nicer now~)
goodluck with your map ^^ (Thanks!