forum

BPM in osu file?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kevvv_old
I was wondering what determines the BPM within the .osu file, I'm looking for manually edit some of the times that the BPM switches and just don't know how the BPM is stored, I was thinking the [TimingPoints] might be something to do with it but it seems to have no relevance.
Sakura
Why would even want to edit the BPM manually on the .osu files, you can manually edit it in the timing setup panel anyways (F6 in editor)
Kitsunemimi
The problem with the BPM in the .osu files is that they're not listed as BPMs, they're listed as milliseconds between each beat. You also have to look out for inherited sections and all that stuff and I don't feel like explaining it all, so you're better of using the Timing setup panel.

Hit F6, and select your uninherited timing section. On the left side, it'll list the BPM and Offset. You can manually change the values there.
Selee
err, I don't know if you want to know the BPM of the song, or the way osu! store BPM in .osu file.

If you want to know the BPM of the song you can post your map here

If you want to know the code----Yes, it is stored in [TimingPoints]

the general form of timing points are x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x
1st x means the offset
2nd x means the BPM but in the other format, the BPM in Edit is equal to 60000/x.
3rd x is related to metronome, 3 means 3/4 beat., 4 means 4/4 beats.
4th x is about hitsounds set: soft/normal...etc
5th x is custom hitsounds: 0 means no custom hitsound, 1 means set 1, 2 means set 2
6th x is volume
7th x means if it's inherit timing point
8th x is kiai time
Topic Starter
Kevvv_old

Selee wrote:

err, I don't know if you want to know the BPM of the song, or the way osu! store BPM in .osu file.

If you want to know the BPM of the song you can post your map here

If you want to know the code----Yes, it is stored in [TimingPoints]

the general form of timing points are x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x
1st x means the offset
2nd x means the BPM but in the other format, the BPM in Edit is equal to 60000/x.
3rd x is related to metronome, 3 means 3/4 beat., 4 means 4/4 beats.
4th x is about hitsounds set: soft/normal...etc
5th x is custom hitsounds: 0 means no custom hitsound, 1 means set 1, 2 means set 2
6th x is volume
7th x means if it's inherit timing point
8th x is kiai time

That's what I was looking for, thank you very much :D

Edit: What do the negative numbers mean on the 2nd one? o.O
mm201
Negative means it's an inheriting section. These change gameplay stuff like sounds and slider speeds without altering the BPM.