forum

[Archived] Display resolution is gone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nameko
Problem Details:
After graphic driver and windows update i discovered my favorite resolution was gone and it seems i can't do anything about it.
I've tried to fix it with .cfg file but it didn't work. Tried past video driver and it also didn't work.
I can't play this game without my 3840x2160.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170409cuttingedge
o x
Make sure all your drivers are up to date and working properly.
Topic Starter
Nameko

wwwww_ wrote:

They are. All new and work well.

btw i lost the abilyty to choose higher resolution than 1980-1080 in all games.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Nameko wrote:

wwwww_ wrote:

They are. All new and work well.

btw i lost the abilyty to choose higher resolution than 1980-1080 in all games.
Then it seems like something outside of osu! is causing this.

This may sound weird but in Screenshot one, No External FPS counter, in Screenshot two, External FPS counter. Maybe try disabling what ever that is?
It's a bit of a far reach, but it's a place to start.
You never know with Computers these days.
(Also double check your monitor is still set to the higher res in Windows and didn't go back to 1080p for some reason)
Topic Starter
Nameko

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

This may sound weird but in Screenshot one, No External FPS counter, in Screenshot two, External FPS counter. Maybe try disabling what ever that is?
It's a bit of a far reach, but it's a place to start.
You never know with Computers these days.
(Also double check your monitor is still set to the higher res in Windows and didn't go back to 1080p for some reason)
Fps has nuffin to do with all this, it's just because i redownloaded Osu! and made this screenshot.

I always use native resolution in monitor, but different in games. This time i can't do both - make higher on monitor and in game resolution.
Topic Starter
Nameko
Ok, now i'm back to the old verion of video driver and Osu! just refuses to load. It says "Osu! programm is not working".
Also, if i set Renderer : Compatibility Mode it runs but without resolution that i need.