forum

Music Gun Gun: osu with guns!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Coro
Anyone else here play the arcade game Music Gun Gun & Music Gun Gun 2?

Since it is relatively obscure, I'll give an overview. Basically it's a rhythm game developed by Taito, where you have a standard arcade light rail gun. Sound eater, the villain, will throw his minions at you to the beat of the music. Cue pointing at osu-style hitcircles and pressing the trigger to the beat. It's quite good fun.

Other notes include slider-style notes, and a prompt where you point your gun skyward and fire it to the beat of the music. Usually, there will also be a section where sound eater goes berserk and starts spamming notes around the screen. Trigger-happy people can go for sound eater himself for extra points, and the notes floating around give extra score as well, more if they are shot on the beat.

Difficulties include Normal & Hard, and uses a level-ranking system. Very Hard is unlocked by clearing your first song at Hard with a ranking of A, S or SS.

Music includes the obligatory J-Pop, Anime & Taito originals. Special mention to Namco songs such as GO MY WAY!! from IdolM@ster & Saitama 2000 from Taiko no Tatsujin. Also features many Vocaloid songs and... Touhou! Yes, this is the first commercial game I've seen with touhou songs in it (ZUN did work for Taito at one point). Songs include Bad Apple!, Marisa stole the precious thing & Cirno's perfect math class.

So, anyone else plays it?
Lilac
Sounds...like it can be fun...

...Need video of it.
lepidopodus
This one was discussed once in Taiko thread, so I have some informations about it, but I never played it since there's no available machine in Korea as I know. Anyway, here's a video. You guys love Bad Apple, huh?
Zekira
MGG2 has SAITAMA2000

I'm really annoyed that there's not one here in the PH >_>
Haseo_old

lepidopodus wrote:

This one was discussed once in Taiko thread, so I have some informations about it, but I never played it since there's no available machine in Korea as I know. Anyway, here's a video. You guys love Bad Apple, huh?
HOLY CRAP I AM SO FLYING TO JAPAN
Topic Starter
Coro
Singapore has a couple of MGG & MGG2 machines, but not that many other people play. I'm holding high scores for Hard/Very Hard for Bad Apple!!, Saitama 2000, Marisa stole the precious thing, and for all 3 diffs for God Knows...

Still can't pass any Very Hard song, though. Your trigger finger gets tired easily and the notes are osu speed =P I failed Bad Apple!! very hard with one bar to pass D8
Quaraezha
That's actually pretty fukken sweet.
Such a shame a lot of countries doesn't have it.