forum

T-Aiko! for Android/iOS

posted
Total Posts
show more
OnosakiHito
Taiko Inner Oni for now finished. I'm sure I will change some patterns since some may not fit this well, but having the first views/opinions is good. I used Taiko this time as own instrument in this game.
Also about the lenght: Still not mapped the whole 4min. Maybe concidering this one more time?

Download: http://puu.sh/cwnV
alexchan420
Report:

Regarding the motorola devices problem, I tried to refer you message to them.
But in my view, it seems the problem may be from the new launcher, as I knew atrix 2 and razr using the new launcher UI apart from MotoBlur, and atrix 1 got a new firmware update to 2.3.5 not a long time ago.

I got another user telling me that using HTC Sensation ICS and got a crash report with FC problem. But he/she didn't mention about whether writing a specific comment or not.

Another user mentions that if using the new market release with online ranking system.
If after logging in then press play will got app close like motorola devices, if log out and then press play will be OK to play. But I am not sure what device he use.
Kim Jin Seok
I can't see all user's ranking?
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
I'll make a site for it, don't worry. Katawa Shoujo means less free time for a while.
I'll reply to other stuff laaaaater... zzz
NightPk
Im using 1.4b on this screenshots

hit point isnt located at the right position(i just noticed it when i actually tried to play)
and where the yellow line begins(on the gameplay pic) is about where i actually have to hit the notes
(i had to play not by looking at it, but by listening to song)

and anything that i was talking about, is well described on the screen shots.

FPS on the game menu is slow(about 15~25 approx?)
but in actual game play, i don't see any frame issues so it shouldn't be too problematic for actual game play.

i will test this game on my friend's Iconia Tab A100, an 7 inch screened Android tablet w/ Honeycomb 3.2
since mine(Eee Pad Transformer) has resolution of 1280x800 while his Iconia tab has resolution of 1024x600 because i felt like tablet mode for this game was made for 7" tablets not 10.1", which could make sense for the off-position issues of notes.

ps. do you think it would be possible for you to add side-note instructions on how to put songs, inside the app? i saw a lots of people having hard time putting songs which isn't problematic for us-kind, but is to first-timers.
NightPk
and after finishing things up, do you think you can add like.. profile editing sections...? lol..
i just noticed that only thing that you can do, with your account, currently is to....
log out. lol

WHAT IF I WANNA CHANGE PICTURES?!!?!!? XD(duh just make a new account....(boom! headshot!))
asowlzz
i have a problem of processing the songs.
i have total 402 songs and when t-aiko processed about 190 songs then it has to force close.
i tried a folder with 190 songs only and everything was fine.
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Still gotta reply to everyone properly :l Being lazy...

Here's a basic ranking: http://107.22.145.40/
Yuzeyun
@^ I'm still waiting for the apk :U

Send it by forum PM :U²
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
@alex It may be the firmware update, yeah, I'm not sure though. It's definitely motorola firmware related though.
Any crashes like the login one you mentioned should be fixed in 1.4b, the one you describe about crashing after login is fixed

@kimjin, the URL I posted is a temporary rankings table for now

@night thanks, that's helpful to see.
I think I can make the song select screen lag less, I'll do that in the future, and I thought I'd fixed the position issues, but I guess not. When I make any changes, I'll make sure to get you to test them.
As for profile editing, sorry, but it's ont he todo list of-course. Along with the site online

I don't have much time for the next week/two but after that I'll likely get back to a lot of updates.

@asowlzz Sorry, I should really limit the amount of songs that can be loaded, but it seems to vary a lot related to phone memory/max heap size. Just load less maps for now, I'll likely do something about it.

@gezo Why are you waiting again?
Yuzeyun
@^ I don't see the apk orz (since my tablet fails at loading the market lololol)

I have the 1.2c >_>
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Aaah okay, here: http://puu.sh/cCy3 Enjoy
As night pointed out though, I didn't fix the positioning issues on tablet
alexchan420
Report:
"Another user mentions that if using the new market release with online ranking system.
If after logging in then press play will got app close like motorola devices, if log out and then press play will be OK to play. But I am not sure what device he use."

The user replies using the latest update, should be 1.4b, the issue resolve, i.e. which is after login press play then force close.
Device: NTT Docomo Sharp SH-01D
Resolution: 1280 x 720

Further replies:
- interface and texture is not in the right place(I think he mean the game elements might get a little bit off from the normal track)
- Upon fast tapping of taiko, the app holds and then crash, the problem should like the previous reports from LG P970 users.
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
-I have one new crash report on the song select screen, so I'll take a look at that if I get a chance.
-Yeah, large resolutions still aren't fixed.

-I can actually see a load of reports about the P970, but I don't think I can do anything about it, it's also occurring in a system library (although not as awkward to track down):
  at android.media.SoundPool.play(Native Method)
It's the kind of thing that should work on android, but playing a sound seems to be completely hanging the app.

I can probably work around it, but not at the moment (I'll tell you when this feature is done)
I'll make it so that at 0% sound effect volume (in settings) disables them completely, and they won't be played. Anyone with this issue will have to turn them down to 0%, should avoid the issue.
-remember, this isn't done yet, I'll let you know

Thanks
Kim Jin Seok

Guy-kun wrote:

@kimjin, the URL I posted is a temporary rankings table for now
Good! ;)
Kim Jin Seok
Do you considering introduce score effector? (hardrock,hidden,etc..)

edit: and localization plan? (like viewtopic.php?f=85&t=64389)
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Yep, I'll be having a think about modifiers, but later <:
And yup as well. I've already got simplified an traditional chinese mostly done thanks to alex, and will look into finding others.
The annoying thing is that I'm constantly changing the game, and having to keep chasing people for new translations is a headache...
Kim Jin Seok

Guy-kun wrote:

Yep, I'll be having a think about modifiers, but later <:
And yup as well. I've already got simplified an traditional chinese mostly done thanks to alex, and will look into finding others.
The annoying thing is that I'm constantly changing the game, and having to keep chasing people for new translations is a headache...
If you finding korean translations, I can translate :)
(I can translate well a simple string.)
alexchan420
For the changelog, if you don't have time, just use the English one for all.
You don't need to keep every changelog localized, otherwise, I'll just see the changelog with the same info and don't know which part is added or improved.
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
I'll give it a thought Kim, thanks
Also thanks alex, I forgot about that, removed the outdated chinese changelog now~

Hanako route in KS was so good...
Akai-_old
I have a strange problem. When I choose any song and any diff and click on it to play, there is a message: 'unknown error...'
What the matter? Am I doing something wrong?
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
What songs are you trying? Give me the name of at least one that doesn't work and I can take a look sometime.
PsychoSkill
you also can download the beatmaps directly here: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist XD is this already known? XD
So you can download it on your mobile phone XD
Yunacat
I got the same problem as Akai a moment ago on Firework by Katy Perry (Krisom's map I think but it cuts the name off). Hope that helps.
Yuzeyun

Yunacat wrote:

I got the same problem as Akai a moment ago on Firework by Katy Perry (Krisom's map I think but it cuts the name off). Hope that helps.
Same.
But it seems like it does only with ogg and non-ASCII names (Maybe with MP3 errors too)
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Email me the names of any maps you have issues with (guydesu@gmail.com) so that I'm less likely to forget them.
Busy with exams :c
Yuzeyun

Guy-kun wrote:

Email me the names of any maps you have issues with (guydesu@gmail.com) so that I'm less likely to forget them.
Busy with exams :c
No worries. I already said what's wrong on my side :U
Nexus Dash
Yeah I get the same "Unknown error..." but it isn't on A HUGE AMOUNT OMG of maps, so it's all good and can of course wait for exams. GL in them
Darkness251
Awww, I just bought a Motorola and now it won't work <.< gonna wait for the next firmware
Cristian
where i can see the overwall rank?
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
On this beautiful page for now :http://107.22.145.40/
Cristian
OMG KimJinSeok 64300984 1
Kill me ._., no way, no one can pass them ._., at least 4 days all-time playing t-aiko
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
It's not -that- hard to be honest, I got 31million with only casual playing (not even more than once/twice a week)
He just plays stupidly well <: Van on the other hand has around 5x his amount of plays
Yuzeyun

Kurisuchianu wrote:

no one can pass them
he's gonna SS EVERYTHING IN TEH WORLD
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
UPDATED! Finally!

Much better tablet support in this version (all that's missing now are high-res images)
Some other fixes too...
Kim Jin Seok
score rankingboard problem:

http://yfrog.com/mn2g4ioj

first try, I got a 626,900 points.

and when i got a same score in second try, score duplicated like that photo.

:(
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Hah, that's pretty funny, what's the song name in that screenshot?
Kim Jin Seok

Guy-kun wrote:

Hah, that's pretty funny, what's the song name in that screenshot?
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/29775&m=0
palion
should put irc info in main post
Nyan
Too hard for me ;_;

show more