forum

Bad Osu! days?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kanade_old
Do you also have one of those days once in a while when you suddenly just can't keep up, or your fingers don't move fast enough? ( lol. )
I'm having one right now, feels bad. :(

Not sure wether I should continue playing or let it rest for awhile.
DeathxShinigami
Whenever I have a "bad day" I tend to do other things on osu! such as raise playcount, sort through songs to play later or just mess around. :P

Though you should probably take a break every once and awhile if you're not feeling so well too.
Kodoshi
i know how you feel T_T
Topic Starter
Kanade_old
Due to that tablet-scale thread I tried adjusting my own to see if it would improve my game.

Worst.
Idea.
Ever.
Mismagius
Try playing random songs that you never FC'd or got top 40. Then, you will randomly get one, and probably stay nervous as fuck. When you're nervous you always end up playing faster ;p
tyrael6192
lol, tablet scaling changes take a while to adjust to... but yeah, i know what you mean about bad days. Usually i try to force myself to improve for hours, and then i ragequit and promise myself never to play osu again.

Then i click 'osu!' an hour later.
Shael_old

Kanade wrote:

Due to that tablet-scale thread I tried adjusting my own to see if it would improve my game.

Worst.
Idea.
Ever.
play full area like a boss
Topic Starter
Kanade_old

Blue Dragon wrote:

Try playing random songs that you never FC'd or got top 40. Then, you will randomly get one, and probably stay nervous as fuck. When you're nervous you always end up playing faster ;p
I had that once, I scored S and my profile page showed I was rank #12. I was so incredibly happy, then I found out the beatmap had been out for 5 minutes and only 17 people had played it.

tyrael6192 wrote:

lol, tablet scaling changes take a while to adjust to... but yeah, i know what you mean about bad days. Usually i try to force myself to improve for hours, and then i ragequit and promise myself never to play osu again.

Then i click 'osu!' an hour later.
^^ same here! except for the never play Osu! again part. I've fallen too much in love with this game even though I'm not that good at it.

Shael wrote:

play full area like a boss
I did before this. :D
Kitsunemimi
I honestly think I'm having a pretty good osu! day, except I'm so noob that I keep failing this map every time.

orz.
Martinawa
I just had one of them today. I feel like a noob.
gat1toneku
i usually had one if i'm sick
so i just mess around for a few minutes then take some rest
mekadon_old
Used a stupid machine that cannot even get a constant 60fps and always around <50 while playing and get a spinner fail at spun out every tim > Got a decent machine that can run at 1000+fps > Back to the old machine

:/
Waryas
have them at least twice a week. pretty frustrating to have your fingers not able to keep up on maps you can usually 98%+ easily.
If it happens i just take a break.
KRZY
Yeah taking a break is the best option. Trust me.
Starrodkirby86
If things don't roll your way, struggling against it may lead to even more frustration, far from the idea of enjoyable fun. If that be the case, taking your mind off it with a relaxing break can help. That way once you'll be back on osu! you'll be rejuvenated and maybe ready to kick butt again.
Mithos
I remember being told in stepmania that you shouldn't play if you are having a bad day. The theory is that muscle memory and your habits change towards your bad playing. I have no idea if the same is for osu, but worth a shot.
SYSEN
rule no1: don't play Osu! when you're sleepy..

if i play Osu! for too long, my accuracy and finger speed dramatically decreased
Sup A Noob
I get them all the time. Then I either play until I get back to top form without realising it, or rage quit and come back the next day.

And it's always on a bad day when I'm on my alternative rig.