forum

Desktop Dungeons

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
This is my newest addiction.

I don't know much about the game, just read about it somewhere else and decided to try it. It's either in earlier development, or development just stopped. (v0.2) It's free, and I believe you can purchase a pre-release of a later version or something.

The game randomly generates dungeons designed to be beaten (or lost) in 10-20 minutes. You pick one of 7 races (5 available at start) and one of 19 classes (4 available at start)

There's 3 different difficulties, and 5 different game-modes. Again, only one of each are available at start.

Being a completionist gamer, this game is awesome. Not sure whether or not the game will have replay value after I unlock everything (there is an online leaderboard afaik, not sure how it works), but the road to unlocking everything is at least a lot of fun. I probably have 5 hours into the game and I've only unlocked 9/19 classes and 5/7 races.

As far as how the game is played, it's a bit hard to explain, or at least hard to explain and make it sound appealing. I'll admit it's not the prettiest game, but the gameplay and concept is pretty solid.

Here's a video, though I suggest actually playing the game because as I said, it's not the prettiest.

Also, there is a scoring system, though I don't think there's any way to see your high scores :( Mine is something like 24k with an elf wizard on snake pit. Post yours ^__^
Nharox
Fun and simple game which I always play in school when I'm bored. :) Nice to see that they are going to release a full version. I'll definitely buy it when it's on Steam.
Mukku
An awesome game. Played it through and through a while back. Don't know how it is nowadays but back then there was a working highscore leaderboard. I scored 14th if I recall correctly. Can't remember how much score that was though.

Unlocking all the classes and races was a blast :D
Quaraezha
"By Derek Yu"

That explains everything.
Xiao_old
This looks incredibly addictive. I will play this.
WhoAteFred
Start playing as physical class, play decently for 5 minutes. Get Earth goddess as religion. Convert only attack spell. Use corpse->grass boon. Realize you just screwed yourself over. ????. Rage. (I got better.)
Topic Starter
Rolled
Most annoying class is Rogue by far. There's only a handful of bosses he can survive a hit from, even as a Dwarf buying +HP items. If you get a goat or something, just quit the dungeon. You're fucked :(
adam2046

Quaraezha wrote:

"By Derek Yu"

That explains everything.
I'm pretty sure Derek Yu only made the tileset.
Mukku

Rolled wrote:

Most annoying class is Rogue by far. There's only a handful of bosses he can survive a hit from, even as a Dwarf buying +HP items. If you get a goat or something, just quit the dungeon. You're fucked :(
But sir, you aren't thinking this through! Take the race that converts to mana potions and then convert everything else but fireball and toast the goat.
Topic Starter
Rolled
Why the fuck would I want a fireballing rogue :(
Cyclone
Played this a while back. Did this much before i got bored.
Mukku

Rolled wrote:

Why the fuck would I want a fireballing rogue :(
Becouse rogue can't take hits. Why else?