forum

How to use a .rar skin on osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
macaroni_old_1
I just downloaded this game last night, so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to use a .rar skin. I have winzip which I've used to unzip the file. I added it to my skins folder and dragged it onto osu but I keep getting an error message that says "Sorry, osu doesn't know how to deal with this file type." I've looked on the forums for a more detailed guide on how to install .rar skins but I can't really find anything that helps. :(
This is the skin I'm trying to download btw if it makes a difference: t/181251
Sandy Hoey
You can just drag the whole folder that you get after you unzip the file into the skin folder. The you can open the skin folder from the options menu or find it in your computer
Keiger
you can also use winrar. if you were to, you would drag the rar fle on to your desktop, right click the rar file once on your desktop, then click extract files. Then right click that file extracted, and press add to archive, then you want to make the archive format .zip, do this first. Then where it says .rar or .zip or whatever it says as the file format as the end of the skin name in the bar at the top, put in .osk and press ok. Then it will download and show up on your desktop, then you just have to double click that, and its done :D