forum

Evangeline & Redeilia - Doggo Busters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Roz
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 3:57:30 PM

Artist: Evangeline & Redeilia
Title: Doggo Busters
Tags: Starlit Horizons Evangeline Redeilia Doggo Busters
BPM: 175
Filesize: 24766kb
Play Time: 05:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Immensum (5.78 stars, 1311 notes)
Download: Evangeline & Redeilia - Doggo Busters
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
[ Transit umbra, lux permanet ] - Unknown

This was originally a map made by request from my friend. I noticed now that I can get it over 5 minutes. Special thanks to my friend, coowhip.

Mods are very appreciated!

Modders:
this1neguy
UnNVus
Troponoop
KnightC0re
marth0
cooldude4232
Unknown Guest

List of Changes:
3/7/2017 - Added some extra storyboarding, made a couple patterns a little less screwed up.
3/8/2017 - Added tags, raised hp slightly. (Might raise more later.)
3/10/2017 - Made some spacing in patterns better.
3/11/2017 - Added mods from this1neguy and UnNVus. Thanks you both!
3/12/2017 - Got drain time over 5 minutes.
3/14/2017 - Updated Storyboard to conform to some changes, added mods from Troponoop.
3/31/2017 - Added mods from KnightC0re
4/10/2017 - Added mods from marth0
4/15/2017 - Added mods from cooldude4232
4/18/2017 - Added mods from Unknown Guest
this1neguy
Really like this map! You managed to keep it from being repetitive and did a bunch of cool patterning imo ALSO the sb is SUPER nice. This is pretty basic stuff for some minor fixes and aesthetics mostly~

01:32:773 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - maybe do the same little curve on these as you did on the previous two sets of 4? looked nice imo

01:50:173 (4,5,6) - this angle is super sharp think it would be better to make it match the previous one, http://i.imgur.com/dbEQJOk.png or so

02:02:602 (7) - x=188 y=264 blankets a bit better

02:35:173 (2,3,4) - there are a bunch of sounds here you're kind of ignoring, maybe try a very small buzzslider?

02:46:831 (1) - in the quiet section starting here until 02:52:316 (1) it's hard for me to tell what you're going for. the dominant sound in the song doesn't really seem to fit your rhythm here and while I can't say exactly what to do to fix it I think it would be worthwhile to slow it down and listen and see if either (a) I'm crazy or (b) you might be able to improve this part. (just in the linked slider I can hear 2 distinct sounds that you let fall into a bare slider only mapping the sounds on the sliderhead and sliderend, f/e)

02:53:002 (2) - make this a repeat slider on the red tick to accent the note in the middle http://i.imgur.com/uQUAOHN.png, same for 02:57:116 (4)

03:08:431 (1,1) - there's a definite bass hit on the blue tick here that you didn't put a circle to, try something like this http://i.imgur.com/ZWebC2Z.png

03:11:173 (5,6) - these notes are stacked when there's definitely more emphasis on the (6), maybe separate them and put the NC on the (6) instead of on 03:11:516 (1) because the emphasis is heavier on that note

03:19:745 (1) - i love the way you mapped this kiai holy

03:47:688 (4) - should maybe be a kickslider, there's a sound here on the blue tick again that I think should be mapped although it doesn't need its own circle

03:53:345 (5) - ^

04:26:516 (2,1) - this blanket could be improved a bit http://i.imgur.com/bMi7ms2.png

04:37:488 (2,1) - ^

NOT BLANKET MODDING I SWEAR

04:46:145 (1) - i think a finish sounds better here than a whistle but -shrug- your call

04:59:344 (5) - idk what the artist was doing here but to me the notes sound like they fall on the next blue tick and the white tick so I'd go with this http://i.imgur.com/Bmm1LGg.png, either that or replicate 05:00:716 (5,6,7) here

05:01:916 (3,4) - need a circle on the blue tick between these two

05:03:459 (4,5) - ^
Topic Starter
-Roz

this1neguy wrote:

Really like this map! You managed to keep it from being repetitive and did a bunch of cool patterning imo ALSO the sb is SUPER nice. This is pretty basic stuff for some minor fixes and aesthetics mostly~

01:32:773 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - maybe do the same little curve on these as you did on the previous two sets of 4? looked nice imo Fixed, though I did change the spacing of all 4 sets to add something breaking them up!

01:50:173 (4,5,6) - this angle is super sharp think it would be better to make it match the previous one, http://i.imgur.com/dbEQJOk.png or so I see what you mean by this. I just changed the ending of the stream altogether, the little to no movement fits with the song there.

02:02:602 (7) - x=188 y=264 blankets a bit better Agreed

02:35:173 (2,3,4) - there are a bunch of sounds here you're kind of ignoring, maybe try a very small buzzslider? Fixed it with a small repeating slider plus another slider to fit with the song.

02:46:831 (1) - in the quiet section starting here until 02:52:316 (1) it's hard for me to tell what you're going for. the dominant sound in the song doesn't really seem to fit your rhythm here and while I can't say exactly what to do to fix it I think it would be worthwhile to slow it down and listen and see if either (a) I'm crazy or (b) you might be able to improve this part. (just in the linked slider I can hear 2 distinct sounds that you let fall into a bare slider only mapping the sounds on the sliderhead and sliderend, f/e) I see what you mean, but the distinct sounds you're mentioning is the delay of the sliderhead's sound. I might be biased because of my experience making music, but I feel like undermapping the delay makes more sense, not only for it being a calm section, but also it focuses the main notes of the song instead of the effect put onto it. They're also the same pitch. I hope that makes sense!

02:53:002 (2) - make this a repeat slider on the red tick to accent the note in the middle http://i.imgur.com/uQUAOHN.png, same for 02:57:116 (4) Totally agree. This sorta relates to what I said above, because they're different pitched notes now instead of the same pitch, it would be better to let them stand out.

03:08:431 (1,1) - there's a definite bass hit on the blue tick here that you didn't put a circle to, try something like this http://i.imgur.com/ZWebC2Z.png Fixed

03:11:173 (5,6) - these notes are stacked when there's definitely more emphasis on the (6), maybe separate them and put the NC on the (6) instead of on 03:11:516 (1) because the emphasis is heavier on that note I disagree. Even though there is the extra beat there, in my opinion it shouldn't be emphasized. Imagine how an extended slider works on osu; that's what I think that extra beat would be like in music terms. Bad analogy, but it should give you an idea

03:19:745 (1) - i love the way you mapped this kiai holy Thanks! The song works so perfect with speed varying streams here.

03:47:688 (4) - should maybe be a kickslider, there's a sound here on the blue tick again that I think should be mapped although it doesn't need its own circle I feel like the sound is too small to matter, it would make the jump section feel awkward compared to the other sections around it due to the extra slider.

03:53:345 (5) - ^ Same thing here, and I know it looks like the sound is mapped sometimes, but that's because I was following the main lead. There are times where the lead and that sound line up

04:26:516 (2,1) - this blanket could be improved a bit http://i.imgur.com/bMi7ms2.png Looks fine to me, plus it's on the sliderend of a slider before.

04:37:488 (2,1) - ^ I did change this slightly though.

NOT BLANKET MODDING I SWEAR (͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)

04:46:145 (1) - i think a finish sounds better here than a whistle but -shrug- your call Fixed

04:59:344 (5) - idk what the artist was doing here but to me the notes sound like they fall on the next blue tick and the white tick so I'd go with this http://i.imgur.com/Bmm1LGg.png, either that or replicate 05:00:716 (5,6,7) here Agreed. Used hitsounding to keep the small stop in the song.

05:01:916 (3,4) - need a circle on the blue tick between these two Fixed

05:03:459 (4,5) - ^ Fixed with another triple
Thank you a lot, this is great!
Axaptice
hi i mod

Immensum

00:23:516 (2) - You should lower the SV for this slider in particular because I think it would better fit the music. The song mutes that note a little so you could make the slider slower to show that.

00:54:373 - This combo gets really long, you should add a new one here.

01:00:545 (3,4) - I'm not sure why these two specific sliders have an angle in them when none of the other sliders in this section do. Either change the other two sliders on 3,4 that follow this or straighten out this two. Personally, I'd prefer if you bent the following sliders as well tho.

01:15:631 (3,4,5,6) - The circles here are placed like this despite the actual music notes going down in scale. Imo, sections like this would be better emphasized if you placed notes in accordance with how the music sounds, so changing the original pattern to something like this. (Keep this in mind for other circles on similar musical patterns.)

01:30:030 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2) - The notes here are on the bass rather than the actual sounds emphasized, but this is fairly minor so I think that changing it or keeping it is entirely up to you.

01:30:030 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - The spacing between these notes is smaller than the spacing between all the other notes in this section despite the music not changing emphasis at all.

03:09:802 (1) - Why did you make this a NC? (There are several other instances like this in the map.)

03:18:373 (1,1) - Very hard to read properly, consider placement like this so that the tail of 1 leads into the head of 2 (or something that would make this more playable).

03:43:059 (1,1,1,1) - I'm personally not a fan of using NC for stylistic purposes only, but it's not like it makes this unplayable so I'll leave that up to you.

You use some weird NC's which I don't necessarily agree with but if you have a specific reason then I guess it's fine.

~

I really like this map, it flows super well and was a ton of fun to play!
Topic Starter
-Roz

UnNVus wrote:

hi i mod

Immensum

00:23:516 (2) - You should lower the SV for this slider in particular because I think it would better fit the music. The song mutes that note a little so you could make the slider slower to show that. Agreed

00:54:373 - This combo gets really long, you should add a new one here. Yepyep, I must've done that while changing something, cause I had it as a NC before

01:00:545 (3,4) - I'm not sure why these two specific sliders have an angle in them when none of the other sliders in this section do. Either change the other two sliders on 3,4 that follow this or straighten out this two. Personally, I'd prefer if you bent the following sliders as well tho. Meh, seemed like a good idea at the time when I was mindlessly mapping, but I was waiting for someone to say something about it. Changed most of the sliders in that section to slightly bent ones. I did leave the earlier ones straight though, since it was before the buildup.

01:15:631 (3,4,5,6) - The circles here are placed like this despite the actual music notes going down in scale. Imo, sections like this would be better emphasized if you placed notes in accordance with how the music sounds, so changing the original pattern to something like this. (Keep this in mind for other circles on similar musical patterns.) Done. I'm a little iffy, I do that for other songs, and I thought it mattered less on this genre. I'll take your word for it though, I don't mind changing it

01:30:030 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2) - The notes here are on the bass rather than the actual sounds emphasized, but this is fairly minor so I think that changing it or keeping it is entirely up to you. I was thinking about changing it for that very reason, but it was supposed to be a slight break and I didn't want to have an odd rhythm. I could potentially change all the circles to 1/2 sliders, which I might do later but for now I'm keeping it the same

01:30:030 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - The spacing between these notes is smaller than the spacing between all the other notes in this section despite the music not changing emphasis at all. If you look closely, the spacing gets bigger through the curved sets of 4, but it's ultimately pointless. Was worried if I didn't do something like that it would be a repetitive section, but now that I really look at it, it's too small to even get there. So fixed anyway

03:09:802 (1) - Why did you make this a NC? (There are several other instances like this in the map.) Just a mistake, I need to look for them more.

03:18:373 (1,1) - Very hard to read properly, consider placement like this so that the tail of 1 leads into the head of 2 (or something that would make this more playable). Was weary about this. Changed it, the second circle slider is bigger with a higher SV to match the vocal that happens.

03:43:059 (1,1,1,1) - I'm personally not a fan of using NC for stylistic purposes only, but it's not like it makes this unplayable so I'll leave that up to you. I use a mixture of stylistic NC's along with ones that match measures. I've always done it this way, and so far I don't really think there's a reason to change. Those notes are spread out enough to where it doesn't even matter, they should be readable

You use some weird NC's which I don't necessarily agree with but if you have a specific reason then I guess it's fine. ^

~

I really like this map, it flows super well and was a ton of fun to play! Thanks for the kind words and mod, it's nice to get these. Have to credit my friend somehow for spreading the word when I was too lazy. :o
Axaptice
btw, your minute is 1 second of drain time away from being considered a marathon map
you should probably make it so it fits that criteria unless you wanna map a full diff spread for this
Topic Starter
-Roz
Have anyway easy to do this? I've milked as much drain time out as I could, the last bit of time I could use is in the only break the song has x.x
Axaptice

-Roz wrote:

Have anyway easy to do this? I've milked as much drain time out as I could, the last bit of time I could use is in the only break the song has x.x
Sadly I think that's the only solution. You could start mapping at 03:06:030 which would get you in range and keep the majority of the break intact. You'd have to speed up the storyboard elements tho.
Topic Starter
-Roz
Fair enough. I'll do that with the next mod, thanks for pointing that out
Axaptice

-Roz wrote:

Fair enough. I'll do that with the next mod, thanks for pointing that out
np, gl on getting this ranked!
this1neguy

-Roz wrote:

you have a spinner at the end which means it's over 5:00, I'm 99.9% sure it's fine length-wise
Topic Starter
-Roz
Yeah, I have a bunch of people saying it's fine and a bunch that don't. Might as well do it anyway, to be sure
Axaptice
It should be fine now.
Troponoop
ayyyy m4m

General stuffs:

I'm not a fan of 9.8 AR for a 175 BPM song. It's a really fun jumpy map, but the AR is preeeeetty high.

---

00:21:116 (4) - this guy should be emphasized like one of those circle sliders like 00:10:145 (5) - because they share the same sound

00:39:631 (6) - and 01:03:631 (7) - slightly touching the cute HP bar

01:26:602 (3,4) - i gotta contest these sliders. they don't really fit the clean jumpy vibe that the map has got going

01:45:116 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I'd nerf these a bit because the drop hasn't started building up. but the next part is good

01:52:659 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - since this is the gimmicky part for the section, you could clean it up by fixing the spacing (#nazi mod)

03:22:316 (9,6) - not sure how i feel about these itty bitty sliders, aesthetically im all for it, but it feels like an uncomfortable speed bump

03:43:059 (1,1,1,1) - i think you could spice this up by making each of these into sliders and slowly increasing the SV ( maybe .50 to .75 to 1 to 1.25)

04:13:230 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - could spruce this up and clean up the DS, mainly because 04:14:259 (7,8) - looks a bit unpleasant (not a fan of that overlap)

02:11:859 (3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - for consistency sake, i think that these two streams should be more similar (even if the music doesn't sound exactly the same)

01:23:516 (3,4,5) - feels out of place because there aren't any other patterns like it

05:07:316 (4,1,4,1) - you're a cruel person for these jumps, I love em. buuut a possible issue is you didn't put any large gaps like these in any other streams up till now and this part of the music is not nearly as intense ( i'd keep it if i were you, but it might be a problem later on)

---

few thoughts about the map

I think the circle sliders got too repetitive and you also used them for different sounds like 03:55:402 (1) - and 00:10:145 (5) - i'd say to use some more variation in slider design

a few objects that are off the grid, but thats not a big deal

sorry that i couldnt help with hitsounds / combo colors, im pretty bad with them :(

This map is really damn clean though, just some inconsistencies sprinkled in there. Surprised you don't have a map ranked yet, i saw some of your other maps and they were gucci.

rank it for the memes
Topic Starter
-Roz

Troponoop wrote:

ayyyy m4m

General stuffs:

I'm not a fan of 9.8 AR for a 175 BPM song. It's a really fun jumpy map, but the AR is preeeeetty high. Had others comment about this, changed to AR9.6

---

00:21:116 (4) - this guy should be emphasized like one of those circle sliders like 00:10:145 (5) - because they share the same sound They do, but that section of straight sliders is representing the build up percussion sounds. The way I used the parallels should give the idea that a break is coming, thus the slight break

00:39:631 (6) - and 01:03:631 (7) - slightly touching the cute HP bar Fixed

01:26:602 (3,4) - i gotta contest these sliders. they don't really fit the clean jumpy vibe that the map has got going True, true. Fixed

01:45:116 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I'd nerf these a bit because the drop hasn't started building up. but the next part is good Done

01:52:659 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - since this is the gimmicky part for the section, you could clean it up by fixing the spacing (#nazi mod) Not quite sure what you mean here.. The spacing seemed fine and readable

03:22:316 (9,6) - not sure how i feel about these itty bitty sliders, aesthetically im all for it, but it feels like an uncomfortable speed bump I never noticed a difference, to me they aren't awkward enough to matter

03:43:059 (1,1,1,1) - i think you could spice this up by making each of these into sliders and slowly increasing the SV ( maybe .50 to .75 to 1 to 1.25) I was originally going to do something with hitsounding for here, but I couldn't find the right sound. Done

04:13:230 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - could spruce this up and clean up the DS, mainly because 04:14:259 (7,8) - looks a bit unpleasant (not a fan of that overlap)
Wasn't a fan either, fixed
02:11:859 (3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - for consistency sake, i think that these two streams should be more similar (even if the music doesn't sound exactly the same) I disagree, with the lower AR It should be fine

01:23:516 (3,4,5) - feels out of place because there aren't any other patterns like it Fixed

05:07:316 (4,1,4,1) - you're a cruel person for these jumps, I love em. buuut a possible issue is you didn't put any large gaps like these in any other streams up till now and this part of the music is not nearly as intense ( i'd keep it if i were you, but it might be a problem later on) I'll fix if it becomes a problem like you said, for now let the chokes happen cx

---

few thoughts about the map

I think the circle sliders got too repetitive and you also used them for different sounds like 03:55:402 (1) - and 00:10:145 (5) - i'd say to use some more variation in slider design Meh, I feel like if they were more jumps it would be more repetitive. I can't say I disagree with the sliders though. My only excuse is that the song is pretty generic in my opinion lol

a few objects that are off the grid, but thats not a big deal I'll iron them out sometime

sorry that i couldnt help with hitsounds / combo colors, im pretty bad with them :( Those are USUALLY the least important in my book, so no worries.

This map is really damn clean though, just some inconsistencies sprinkled in there. Surprised you don't have a map ranked yet, i saw some of your other maps and they were gucci. Thanks, I don't submit much. and everything that is submitted before this is either mindless mapping or old. cx

rank it for the memes
KnightC0re
moddo moddo~ (not being inappropriate)

00:24:201 - This section could start with even slower sliders (I know it's already sv 0.5 but it could be 0.3 just sayin') and then gradually increase slider velocity depending on the synth's volume
00:46:114(4) - The new combo could go here
00:47:087(2,3) - I don't get this part. You could start the sliders on red ticks, that would work better
03:33:287 - A circle here would work
03:33:259(9) - NC here
03:41:687 - Add a break here for suspense

I generally like the concept a lot, it plays well.

I do feel like some jumps are exaggerated though, but that's just my opinion.
Topic Starter
-Roz

KnightC0re wrote:

moddo moddo~ (not being inappropriate)

00:24:201 - This section could start with even slower sliders (I know it's already sv 0.5 but it could be 0.3 just sayin') and then gradually increase slider velocity depending on the synth's volume I don't think it would fit with 00:35:173 (1) this section being slow as well. Plus since I can't make any more breaks in the song, I wanted some parts to be both slow and easy to read to simulate one.
00:46:114(4) - The new combo could go here Fixed
00:47:087(2,3) - I don't get this part. You could start the sliders on red ticks, that would work better The small vocals in the background are the most stand out sound in the section, and if you listen on 25%, the sliders follow the sounds correctly.
03:33:287 - A circle here would work Agree
03:33:259(9) - NC here Yep, it helps along with the previous mod
03:41:687 - Add a break here for suspense I can't, any more breaks and it won't be a marathon. Plus I like having the increasing SV sliders.

I generally like the concept a lot, it plays well.

I do feel like some jumps are exaggerated though, but that's just my opinion.
Thanks a lot for the mooood!
-zilva-
m4m :3

General

Combo colors are way too similar. change the Combo 2 like this http://i.imgur.com/PO0Iaor.jpg

--

00:34:659 (2) - end the slider here and add something else. theres a strong sound that should be starting the next section. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788088 idk xP

01:16:916 (4,7) - make this space the same as 01:18:288 (4,6) ? as well as 01:18:288 (4,6) and 01:18:716 (6,7).

01:22:316 (3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6) - the background weird sound screams a decrease of spacing and then BAM 01:24:545 (1) could be a big jump. :P

02:35:859 (1) - is there a reason the octupus slider isn't symmetric? not too fond of its shape, the rest of sliders has a cleaner shape and this stands out in a bad way.

03:23:859 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - idk what kind of magic did you put in these streams, but everytime I try to make them like that they end up playing like shit. yet I felt really comfortable playing them, FC'd all of them. maybe the song is just perfect for them. idk.. just wanted to say it :)

03:43:059 (1,1,1) - how about making this part like this? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788231 it gives more momentum after the break. control points would look like this http://i.imgur.com/NcOMBK0.jpg

04:24:202 (1) - I don't hear the sound on blue tick but on white tick. (sliderend)

05:07:659 (4,1) - this is evil. :o
Topic Starter
-Roz

marth0 wrote:

m4m :3

General

Combo colors are way too similar. change the Combo 2 like this http://i.imgur.com/PO0Iaor.jpg I agree with this, but it's too similar with some colors in the background.

--

00:34:659 (2) - end the slider here and add something else. theres a strong sound that should be starting the next section. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788088 idk xP Turned the SV slightly higher to show the increased volume.

01:16:916 (4,7) - make this space the same as 01:18:288 (4,6) ? as well as 01:18:288 (4,6) and 01:18:716 (6,7). Fixed

01:22:316 (3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6) - the background weird sound screams a decrease of spacing and then BAM 01:24:545 (1) could be a big jump. :P I disagree, would be foreign to the rest of the map

02:35:859 (1) - is there a reason the octupus slider isn't symmetric? not too fond of its shape, the rest of sliders has a cleaner shape and this stands out in a bad way. Fixed and added a circle

03:23:859 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - idk what kind of magic did you put in these streams, but everytime I try to make them like that they end up playing like shit. yet I felt really comfortable playing them, FC'd all of them. maybe the song is just perfect for them. idk.. just wanted to say it :) I guess it's just the different pitch/sounds! Thank you!

03:43:059 (1,1,1) - how about making this part like this? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788231 it gives more momentum after the break. control points would look like this http://i.imgur.com/NcOMBK0.jpg I like it the way I have it. It supports both the momentum, and accounts for the small sounds on the red ticks.

04:24:202 (1) - I don't hear the sound on blue tick but on white tick. (sliderend) Listen to 25% speed. It definitely starts on the blue

05:07:659 (4,1) - this is evil. :o Yep, starting to think I should change :<
Thanks for the mooood
yoshee4232
M4M form my queue, nice storyboard btw

[Immensum]
  1. 00:14:259 (5) - there should be something here
  2. 00:27:116 (2) - this slider feels way to long, maybe split it into 2 different sliders
  3. 00:44:088 (3) - have a clickable object on this slider tail because there is a pretty strong sound here
  4. 00:43:059 (8,1,2) - I think this would be better if structured more like this https://puu.sh/vlsBr.png
  5. 00:45:802 (1) - there is no real sound on this note, I think you should try removing it and making the triple here a double instead
  6. 01:51:973 (1,1,1) - there are no real big changes in SV so why do NC spam here?
  7. 01:57:459 (1,1,1) - ^
  8. 02:02:945 (9,1,1) - ^
  9. I'm just going to stop pointing it out, the point I'm trying to get at is there really aren't a lot of cases where NC spam is really necessary
  10. 02:00:545 (1) - remove NC
  11. 02:15:116 (7,1,2) - I think something more like this would work better for this section https://puu.sh/vltks.png as it is right now all your clickable beats are on the quieter sounds
  12. 02:20:602 (7,1) - do something more like this https://puu.sh/vltwK.png
  13. 02:31:573 (7,1) - ^
  14. 03:06:716 - put something here
  15. 03:09:373 (4,5) - Try going with something more like this https://puu.sh/vltGd.png so the player clicks on the strong sound at the end of the slider, also do the same thing for this slider 03:11:859 (3)
  16. 03:22:831 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - I don't think having this large spacing change is appropriate because they are essentially the exact same sounds, for example here 03:23:859 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) is where you used spacing changes right because they were all separate sounds
  17. 03:33:802 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ^
  18. 04:24:202 (1) - have a note right after this slider like this https://puu.sh/vlu8q.png because you are missing out on an important sound
  19. 04:51:459 (7,1) - swap these notes with each other for better rhythm
  20. 04:53:345 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - this seems kinda lazily mapped as far as rhythm you could have some sliders in here to complement some of the other sounds that are going on
  21. 05:08:773 (1) - have a click able object right after this slider, spinners are kinda weird and don't really count as click able objects
Topic Starter
-Roz

cooldude4232 wrote:

M4M form my queue, nice storyboard btw

[Immensum]
  1. 00:14:259 (5) - there should be something here Not really sure what you mean by this. I guess it's slower, but the small buildup that happens after fits it.
  2. 00:27:116 (2) - this slider feels way to long, maybe split it into 2 different sliders Those follow the pitch changes in the song. It feels long because the note it represents goes on long.
  3. 00:44:088 (3) - have a clickable object on this slider tail because there is a pretty strong sound here I'm conflicted on this, I fixed it but I'm not entirely sure I like it. I'll keep it for now.
  4. 00:43:059 (8,1,2) - I think this would be better if structured more like this https://puu.sh/vlsBr.png I don't really see why, it fits the slower notes
  5. 00:45:802 (1) - there is no real sound on this note, I think you should try removing it and making the triple here a double instead
  6. 01:51:973 (1,1,1) - there are no real big changes in SV so why do NC spam here?
  7. 01:57:459 (1,1,1) - ^
  8. 02:02:945 (9,1,1) - ^
  9. I'm just going to stop pointing it out, the point I'm trying to get at is there really aren't a lot of cases where NC spam is really necessary I don't NC for changes in the gameplay, but to complement the song. Each of the notes there are big, main sounds in the section so I use NC's to show they're important, and show the player that the next set of them are the same. As far as I've seen this is preference and doesn't really change the map in any meaningful way
  10. 02:00:545 (1) - remove NC Again, this is repeated throughout the song. I would change it if it didn't repeat.
  11. 02:15:116 (7,1,2) - I think something more like this would work better for this section https://puu.sh/vltks.png as it is right now all your clickable beats are on the quieter sounds The notes in the section are following the synth, not the beat. And the circles do follow the loudest synth.
  12. 02:20:602 (7,1) - do something more like this https://puu.sh/vltwK.png I disagree, it would be bad to start a slider like that in a section that doesn't have any.
  13. 02:31:573 (7,1) - ^
  14. 03:06:716 - put something here Fixed
  15. 03:09:373 (4,5) - Try going with something more like this https://puu.sh/vltGd.png so the player clicks on the strong sound at the end of the slider, also do the same thing for this slider 03:11:859 (3) Fixed
  16. 03:22:831 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - I don't think having this large spacing change is appropriate because they are essentially the exact same sounds, for example here 03:23:859 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) is where you used spacing changes right because they were all separate sounds
  17. 03:33:802 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ^ I agree that you're right, but the first one was meant to show there were going to be spacing changes instead of surprising the player, hence the high-to-low change. As for the second one, I just repeated the first for consistency. If others point it out I'll change.
  18. 04:24:202 (1) - have a note right after this slider like this https://puu.sh/vlu8q.png because you are missing out on an important sound As I said in a mod before this, the loud sound that you're talking about IS on the blue tick. Listen with 25%. I might replace it with a circle at the end later though, in a different way.
  19. 04:51:459 (7,1) - swap these notes with each other for better rhythm This is done earlier in the song multiple times, no need to change
  20. 04:53:345 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - this seems kinda lazily mapped as far as rhythm you could have some sliders in here to complement some of the other sounds that are going on Fiiiixed
  21. 05:08:773 (1) - have a click able object right after this slider, spinners are kinda weird and don't really count as click able objects The final sound in the song lands on the white tick, and since it had a lower pitch I chose to leave it on the slider end, gives it a "final note" feel
Thanks
Lazy Cat Soup
Hi! Here's a mod from your M4M queue:

1. 00:23:516 (2) - I think you should change this to a 1/2 back and forth slider that ends on the 2nd red tick because it sounds nicer, fits the movement on the clock ticking sounds from the song.
  2. 00:44:430 (4) - I don't think this note is necessary since there is a bit of a weak sound on that part, so you should 00:44:088 (3) - end the slider tail on white tick instead.
  3. 00:46:659 (1,2,3) - This feels weird to play imo because it doesn't seem like it fits the rhythm very well because the most important sound i hear is 00:46:487, and it seems like its missing a note there. I think you should move 00:46:659 (1) - to 00:46:487 instead, 00:47:087 (2) - to 00:46:830 and 00:47:344 (3) - to 00:47:173 then add a note on 00:47:516.
  4. 00:49:831 (2,3) - Remove these sliders, since playing them just feels off rhythm and replace them similar to 00:48:545 (6,7,8) -
  5. 00:52:573 (2,3) - ^ (The reason why you should remove those is because this part feels like a 1/2 measure beat. There shouldn't be a note on any blue ticks for this part
  6. I think you should add some 1/2 notes for 00:54:030 and 00:54:201, to maintain consistent rhythm.
  7. 01:08:945 (4) - You should make this note into a triplet
  8. 02:13:231 (1,2,3,4,5) - I would keep adding more streams up to 02:13:830 because it makes the transition from the song a lot cooler.
  9. 03:06:030 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This part makes a lot of players confused about that type of rhythm since there are notes on the blue tick. It would be helpful to introduce them better by deleting 03:06:887 (6) - this note, and change 03:06:630 (5) - to a slider, ending on the red tick.
  10. 03:09:287 - I hear a sound there that goes with the rhythm. You should add a note there.
  11. 05:03:973 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Why not make these into 1/4 sliders? They are very useful for speed and are also most used for preparing for streams.
  12. 05:05:345 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^
  13. 05:09:201 (1) - I think I would end this spinner on 05:14:859 - because the song ends there.
Hopefully that helps! Cool map btw :)
Topic Starter
-Roz

Unknown Guest wrote:

Hi! Here's a mod from your M4M queue:

1. 00:23:516 (2) - I think you should change this to a 1/2 back and forth slider that ends on the 2nd red tick because it sounds nicer, fits the movement on the clock ticking sounds from the song. Switched it to two slow 1/2 sliders.
  2. 00:44:430 (4) - I don't think this note is necessary since there is a bit of a weak sound on that part, so you should 00:44:088 (3) - end the slider tail on white tick instead. Fixed
  3. 00:46:659 (1,2,3) - This feels weird to play imo because it doesn't seem like it fits the rhythm very well because the most important sound i hear is 00:46:487, and it seems like its missing a note there. I think you should move 00:46:659 (1) - to 00:46:487 instead, 00:47:087 (2) - to 00:46:830 and 00:47:344 (3) - to 00:47:173 then add a note on 00:47:516. Yep. Added that on the mod before, but I dislike it. Reverting it back to how it was before I feel like the vocals are the most important sounds here, therefore I mapped the vocals. I might do something later to better flow into it, though.
  4. 00:49:831 (2,3) - Remove these sliders, since playing them just feels off rhythm and replace them similar to 00:48:545 (6,7,8) - ^
  5. 00:52:573 (2,3) - ^ (The reason why you should remove those is because this part feels like a 1/2 measure beat. There shouldn't be a note on any blue ticks for this part ^
  6. I think you should add some 1/2 notes for 00:54:030 and 00:54:201, to maintain consistent rhythm. Agreed
  7. 01:08:945 (4) - You should make this note into a triplet I'm not sure why :<
  8. 02:13:231 (1,2,3,4,5) - I would keep adding more streams up to 02:13:830 because it makes the transition from the song a lot cooler. This repeats the earlier section that sounds the same
  9. 03:06:030 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This part makes a lot of players confused about that type of rhythm since there are notes on the blue tick. It would be helpful to introduce them better by deleting 03:06:887 (6) - this note, and change 03:06:630 (5) - to a slider, ending on the red tick. Agreed
  10. 03:09:287 - I hear a sound there that goes with the rhythm. You should add a note there.Fixed
  11. 05:03:973 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Why not make these into 1/4 sliders? They are very useful for speed and are also most used for preparing for streams. Meh, I'd prefer the jumpy style for this because it fits with the rest of the map. But keyword is PREFER, so I might think more about it later. Doesn't seem like that bad of an idea.
  12. 05:05:345 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^ ^
  13. 05:09:201 (1) - I think I would end this spinner on 05:14:859 - because the song ends there. The sound stops there, but anyone playing won't recognize it without going into the editor. This way it makes the end feel more fade-out like.
Hopefully that helps! Cool map btw :) Thanksies!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.