forum

Ranking up

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tenshi

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

I rarely finish a song unless its a S or 95% +.

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

For faster ranking.
There's your problem.

Also, what James said.
winber1

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

Hey everyone. I have a quick question about ranking up. It's kind of a sad to see people my level at the 2,000 and im in 4900 xD
some people just rankwhore and just get ranks as fast as possible, or they actually just aren't all that great at rhythm games. Just play whatever you want o_o. Ranking doesn't really do anything for you anyways...
akrolsmir
I'm mostly like that too, not finishing songs unless I FC or do relatively well- or I bookmark the song to replay later. It gives you a higher accuracy for your rank, but also a higher playcount (which is what I think you mean by level). I just get a sense of satisfaction from playing like that.

You probably would rank up faster if you played a whole bunch of relatively easy and long maps to get a long combo, and ignored your accuracy, focusing on keeping the combo up. But again, as previous posters have affirmed, enjoy the game. If you find that playing osu! to get a higher rank becomes a chore, then... don't.

Edit: oh level means level. derp.
LaceWingfield
hey i'm lower than you
i'm one level below but only 6600 xD

well if me, just enjoy, ranking is not really important, this is a game after all :D
but if you want raise rank, download beatmaps, try longer songs, xD
Waryas
Ranking doesn't reflect's one true skill, useless stat.
Topic Starter
seasonS

akrolsmir wrote:

I'm mostly like that too, not finishing songs unless I FC or do relatively well- or I bookmark the song to replay later. It gives you a higher accuracy for your rank, but also a higher playcount (which is what I think you mean by level). I just get a sense of satisfaction from playing like that.

You probably would rank up faster if you played a whole bunch of relatively easy and long maps to get a long combo, and ignored your accuracy, focusing on keeping the combo up. But again, as previous posters have affirmed, enjoy the game. If you find that playing osu! to get a higher rank becomes a chore, then... don't.

Edit: oh level means level. derp.
I'm the exact same way. If i get an A with 90+ accuracy I put it in favorites A for later to get a FC xD. I dont know why but, I guess the inner perfectionist comes out when I dont FC xD.
EDIT: I even had to edit this post to fix all the "i" into "I" lol.
Topic Starter
seasonS

winber1 wrote:

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

Hey everyone. I have a quick question about ranking up. It's kind of a sad to see people my level at the 2,000 and im in 4900 xD
some people just rankwhore and just get ranks as fast as possible, or they actually just aren't all that great at rhythm games. Just play whatever you want o_o. Ranking doesn't really do anything for you anyways...
I know it doesn't do anything but it feels good to see the increase as I play :). But then I take a break for 2 days and oh look >.< back where I started.
Neruell

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

Hey everyone. I have a quick question about ranking up. It's kind of a sad to see people my level at the 2,000 and im in 4900 xD. I rarely finish a song unless its a S or 95% +.
Do you think for ranking, I should just finish a song no matter what? Also what kind of songs should I play? Like long/ short? For faster ranking.
For ranking up play normal/hard song. After you finished all of them (full combo) that are in Osu! you will be in top 100.
gat1toneku
no i think you should just play that way
also having a lower rank than most around your skill level is better, it's cool to beat some people with higher ranks than you in multi lol
Ikillforpies

JesusYamato wrote:

Ranking doesn't reflect's one true skill, useless stat.
This.
Just play the beatmap is you like or is fun to you
Wishy
If you want to rankwhore first get good enough to FC almost every insane map (no super insanes ofc) in a single or maybe 2 max 3 plays.
Topic Starter
seasonS

Neruell wrote:

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

Hey everyone. I have a quick question about ranking up. It's kind of a sad to see people my level at the 2,000 and im in 4900 xD. I rarely finish a song unless its a S or 95% +.
Do you think for ranking, I should just finish a song no matter what? Also what kind of songs should I play? Like long/ short? For faster ranking.
For ranking up play normal/hard song. After you finished all of them (full combo) that are in Osu! you will be in top 100.
Every single song in osu o-o?... All of those like 200 pages of ranked o-o? lol I'm not even close to that good or that much time :3 lol
Neruell
It is a way to get into top 100 without having any real skill. If you do have skill and can play very good and fc the songs fast then just a half of them would bring you into top 100.

But the more you "wait" the less chance you have to get there so fast. Due to the ranking system which is always only adding the score it will be nearly impossible to get into top 100 without spending a year or more or just "farming" because not only you want to get there also other people who are there already want to keep their rank and continue playing new maps which makes the gap between you and them growing bigger or at least stay the same which means you need a lot of time (no real skill required) to get into higher ranks.

P.S. My opinion to the ranking system = It is wrong and false and doesn't show the "real" ranking/skill of players.
Topic Starter
seasonS

Neruell wrote:

It is a way to get into top 100 without having any real skill. If you do have skill and can play very good and fc the songs fast then just a half of them would bring you into top 100.

But the more you "wait" the less chance you have to get there so fast. Due to the ranking system which is always only adding the score it will be nearly impossible to get into top 100 without spending a year or more or just "farming" because not only you want to get there also other people who are there already want to keep their rank and continue playing new maps which makes the gap between you and them growing bigger or at least stay the same which means you need a lot of time (no real skill required) to get into higher ranks.

P.S. My opinion to the ranking system = It is wrong and false and doesn't show the "real" ranking/skill of players.
I see :3 well i hate the idea of farming because then its just boring i end up getting mad and quitting. Ill just once in a while play longer songs to get a 10mil score increase for a little boost :3
Avedas
Yep just go FC a couple thousand maps. Most insanes aren't even that hard, really.
winber1
idk about you guys, but i only play newly ranked maps, unless i get new songs from multiplayer. (sometimes i get new maps on my own, but that is usually very rare...)

I find that kinda fun cuz there's a lot of variety usually (or maybe not idk) and hard songs pop up every now and then and not there's not that many to play anyways. well that's just me. I'm also kinda of a lazy ass and never try songs more than like 3 real times ("real" as in 30 seconds or something into the song, not like 3 seconds into the song when i missed like the 2nd note by accident or something), unless i really like it lol.

basically like many people said, high ranks don't really say anything about a player, and it doesn't really make you that much more known anyways.. unless you're like cookiezi or something. however, if you want to rankwhore, you can go ahead, no one's going to stop you :3
Sup A Noob
Rank up? Play every map there is out there.

I'll have to note 10k++ ranked people 280BPM stream better than me, and I'm below 500.
CXu

winber1 wrote:

idk about you guys, but i only play newly ranked maps, unless i get new songs from multiplayer. (sometimes i get new maps on my own, but that is usually very rare...)
I almost never download a beatmap unless I'm in multi, or someone links me and asks me to try it
Topic Starter
seasonS

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

I'll have to note 10k++ ranked people 280BPM stream better than me, and I'm below 500.
I would play the older maps but, for some reason the olders are slower but harder xD like, idk the beats are off or something o: I get so many 50's. I think newer maps have a better beat to follow.
Ikillforpies

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

I would play the older maps but, for some reason the olders are slower but harder xD like, idk the beats are off or something o: I get so many 50's. I think newer maps have a better beat to follow.
i agree. older map arn't exactly very good.

Ranking is not really important. i see ranking as like how much they play ranked map.
in ctb i am around rank 540s but i can beat people in the 300s, and sometimes in the 200s even in the 100s.
CPTW
I don't think it matters unless you're in the top 100 is what someone in the top 1000 told me :P

But farm hard diffs and you're there but that defeats the purpose as you don't get any better at songs you can do
Wishy
There are many players in the top 100 who just average players like me, or worse. Rank means nothing, even if you're in the top 10, anyone can get into the top 10 all you need to do is FC every almost every insane map, and almost every insane is easy to FC no mod (in case they're sick there's always a hard diff which gives 999999999999999 score).
gat1toneku

Wishy22 wrote:

There are many players in the top 100 who just average players like me, or worse. Rank means nothing, even if you're in the top 10, anyone can get into the top 10 all you need to do is FC every almost every insane map, and almost every insane is easy to FC no mod (in case they're sick there's always a hard diff which gives 999999999999999 score).
which is why sometimes i want to farm and think a high rank is cool
but meh i never did it