forum

Get mod while you play

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Epcar
Would not it be great to get mod while you play? On a power bar or mana while you play? Firstly there will be a power bar that is filled with the general combos and at the moment it is full, it can be activated in beatmaps that obviously have pauses, not those that do not have, I think it would be nice to have A combo in which the combos of the mod are counted up to a maximum of 100 or 50 to deactivate the skill, and if for the case can not add the points of the mod within the game because it may end before What you think ,, ??, eee, it will most likely be added after all players finish, the skill can be used only once in any beatmap that obviously has breaks of rest
Sandy Hoey
What do you mean by modes? Like power ups?
Topic Starter
Epcar
mod,Example, HD Hr
Sandy Hoey
Oh, mod, not mode. So you want to be ability to turn on mods in the middle of play? Why not just turn on the mod before you play... This would also make it more difficult to calculate score because you would have to apply the multiplier only after the mod is enabled. It would also be near impossible to click the button applying the mod during play, unlesss you are doing a stupidly easy map or there is a pause, which not all maps have.
Topic Starter
Epcar
Mmm, calculate the score, and add with the mod I do not see it so difficult it is more, it can be done, it is not impossible ,, and on the maps that have no pause there will not be the possibility of active mod, Come on buddy it's a good idea :oops:
Topic Starter
Epcar
I know it's a complicated issue but,, I think it can be done, with patience and intelligence with creativity.
Topic Starter
Epcar
Friend I think this would only be useful for beatmaps that have pauses, because there is where you can calculate the sum of the points of the mod and the general score ✵‿‿✵ in the pauses I would say that you can use the mana bar or power
Sandy Hoey
If you want to say something else and no one has responded to you yet, please just edit your previous post instead of posting again.

But would you hold your combo through the pause and would the mod apply to the whole combo or just the notes that you hit after the pause. This is again weird because the combo gives multiplier as well.

I honestly think that if you want to play with a mod, just turn it on before you play a map. Complicated is not always good. But you can always wait for someone else's opinion. I'm just one person
Houtarou Oreki

Sandy Hoey wrote:

But you can always wait for someone else's opinion. I'm just one person

We're two persons
Do The Flop
How would you add a MOD while playing ? like setting a timer where the Mod should start ?

1. Point n°1 : it would be too hard to calculate, since the score multiplier would have to change during gameplay at the same time that the combo actualy multiply the score itself, would just be a mess + What if the mod changed during a note ? short break ?
  2. Point n°2 : This system wouldn't be compatible with DT, it would require to change the music speed during gameplay and would mess up the Replay system.
  3. Point n°3 : HR Case ? Changing AR/CS/OD of the song during gameplay ? neh...
Probably too much hard to implement, Live mod changing would make the scoring system / leaderboard totaly broken, would lead to create a Unranked mod (one more ???) or a different leaderboard ...
Sandy Hoey

Do The Flop wrote:

[*] Point n°3 : HR Case ? Changing AR/CS/OD of the song during gameplay ? neh...
Good point. You would also have to invert.
Luddy

Epcar wrote:

Would not it be great to get mod while you play? On a power bar or mana while you play? Firstly there will be a power bar that is filled with the general combos and at the moment it is full, it can be activated in beatmaps that obviously have pauses, not those that do not have, I think it would be nice to have A combo in which the combos of the mod are counted up to a maximum of 100 or 50 to deactivate the skill, and if for the case can not add the points of the mod within the game because it may end before What you think ,, ??, eee, it will most likely be added after all players finish, the skill can be used only once in any beatmap that obviously has breaks of rest
I really do not think this is a good idea.. It would make scores more complicated to calculate, and would not really be good... Like someone would use DT on the first half of a map that they can do really easily then just purposely get it removed at the half that they can't do with DT. It would create inconsistency. Plus, I don't think many players would use this or it would be abused. Sorry..
Caput Mortuum
play this map instead https://osu.ppy.sh/s/48738
_Meep_
Why would u want to put on mods at different parts of the song
If that were the case I'd DT everything slow and do HDHR on everything fast then use FL for everything I memorised in one whole song marathon
is that ok for a score?
Obviously no
Snowy Heat
and how should this work?
you play it without mods and you have one score, that you add hr and it multiplies and then you turn it off when you like?
as i think of it i see the "unrankable" warning at the top of your screen tbh
Nathanael
I don't think this is possible when we're going to scorev2.
Topic Starter
Epcar

Nathanael wrote:

I don't think this is possible when we're going to scorev2.
And if it were only with the mod HD maybe to already some possibility only with that ಥ_ಥ