forum

Over 30,000.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
We hit 30,000 registrations today, with a bit of help from the sudden surge of people from VGCats. Quite a large milestone, although the 10k jumps are starting to become more of an everyday occurrence the further we go! Anyways, I do actually have something to say, which is that the next public release should be hitting your PCs within the next 4 or 5 days, depending on progress. This will feature a number of improvements including but not limited to:

1. The ability to view your personal online record for each beatmap from in-game.
  2. New layout for the song selection screen.
  3. A new mod - Flashlight Mod. Quite possibly the most challenging mod to come!
  4. Progressive ranking displayed during breaks.
  5. New editor functionality.
  6. Multiplayer match setup improvements.
  7. Better support for Asian Language input.
  8. Improvements to the osu! default skin, including a new spinner and slider follow circle.
  9. A mirage barrage of bug fixes.
I hope this gets you excited.
adam2046
I'm so excited I could hug you, or my screen.
ROMaster2
I've been this close to Scott before.

Don't ask
ash
I've seen some of these features in mattyu007's YouTube videos.

Sounds/looks jawsome
Gemi

Ash wrote:

I've seen some of these features in mattyu007's YouTube videos.
How would people (and especially peppy) feel if I started regularily making videos of new features in the test to show them off to others before they are released? This would of course be done with the disclaimer that anything might still change before being released to the public.
Topic Starter
peppy

Gemi wrote:

How would people (and especially peppy) feel if I started regularily making videos of new features in the test to show them off to others before they are released? This would of course be done with the disclaimer that anything might still change before being released to the public.
I'm neutral on this one. I won't stop you as long as you don't provide false hopes or expose potential bugs.
Xiao_old

peppy wrote:

expose potential bugs.
Wouldn't that technically be a good thing?
Topic Starter
peppy
Usually not. Testers are generally under the agreement that they won't abuse bugs they find. If they are made public, it could cause more widespread abuse of such bugs, which are also present in the public release in some way.

I'm talking about testers making videos of bugs they have found - I don't approve of this even if it has a weird/funny effect on the game that they would like to share.
LuigiHann
A mirage of bug fixes.
So you haven't really fixed the bugs? It's an illusion?
Zerostarry

LuigiHann wrote:

A mirage of bug fixes.
So you haven't really fixed the bugs? It's an illusion?

You never cease to make me LOL
fdtoonsman
Can't wait for the flashlight mod pep
Nharox
Great to see how the game is growing. :)

But, peppy, you still didn't reply to my PM. :P
steve_krd
;) congratilations! ;)
GSR_old
I've been waiting for this update for a while. The personal best and flashlight mod are both features I've really been wanting.
Gemi

peppy wrote:

Usually not. Testers are generally under the agreement that they won't abuse bugs they find. If they are made public, it could cause more widespread abuse of such bugs, which are also present in the public release in some way.

I'm talking about testers making videos of bugs they have found - I don't approve of this even if it has a weird/funny effect on the game that they would like to share.
I wasn't going to publish bug related videos, I was talking about making videos of new features and skin changes. I guess it's ok then, so I'll spend a little time to post videos whenever there's something worthwhile to show.
Foffo_old
Editor and Multiplayer improvements, yay!
ThePassingShadow
Thank you Peppy.
jmaeshawn
I hope that some of the editor improvements include retractable buttons and bars, so that there will be more room to place beats. :)

Thanks peppy for all your hard work!
awp
It's generally not recommended to place beats outside the grid.
rbjwest16
There SHOULD always be that guy that always bugs the developers for the hardest-to-implement upgrade thingie, since there isnt one now ill fill in the gap, here goes....*gasp*

Dancers pl0x!!~~

oh yeah dont forget that guy that always bugs the developers by saying negative things which Ill also fill the gap, here goes...*greater gasp*

[place random negative comment here like about not getting excited etc]~~~~

now nobody else can place negative comments I WIN :3

[EDIT] forgot to mention, thanks for your hard work God(that means peppy lol, maybe demi-gods for the other devs?) for osu!
show more