forum

[invalid] Mouse Sensitivity Randomizer!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ningyoutsukai
I came up with this "feature" when I was messing around with my sensitivity... I just think that some people get way too attached to a specific sensitivity setting, so I think I'd be quite a challenge by having to readjust your movement every new game or something.

There could also be an 'accelerate' feature where the mouse sensitivity gets higher as a song progress.

This could also be done with global offset and that stuff.

I hope you get the gist of what I'm writing. I'll gladly elaborate if there's something you don't understand.
o x
At face value it seems like a cool idea, but unfortunately this isn't a good idea since users who have Windows 10 will be forced to use raw input which causes some delay.
Nitrous
but why
Topic Starter
Ningyoutsukai

Cawub wrote:

At face value it seems like a cool idea, but unfortunately this isn't a good idea since users who have Windows 10 will be forced to use raw input which causes some delay.
I thought of it as being a lo-fi difficulty thing. So delay and worse kinda plays into it.

You could also corrupt your skins so it's harder to play. I also thought of a mod where beatmaps randomly switches hidden on and off.

And lag spikes.

I don't know... Making the game painful?
Caput Mortuum
It'll just create confusion and frustration tbh.
When the beatmap just started, maybe they can adjust to it right away, but when the intense part comes, they will forget that the sensitivity has changed and then fail.

cool as an unranked mod, though

911th post cool
Topic Starter
Ningyoutsukai

Eraser wrote:

It'll just create confusion and frustration tbh.
When the beatmap just started, maybe they can adjust to it right away, but when the intense part comes, they will forget that the sensitivity has changed and then fail.

cool as an unranked mod, though

911th post cool

yeah, pure chaos. Probably best to have it unranked. But imagine osu world cup with totally randomized settings.
Endaris

Ningyoutsukai wrote:

But imagine osu world cup with totally randomized settings.
Would be total bullshit even without considering how mouse sensitivity breaks tablets.
There's a tight limit to how often you can adjust sens per day before your brain stops to be able to account for such changes.
shinshinkoharu
:? Seria algo complicado soy principiante en esto y no creo que eso sirva para algo, en todo caso seria una perdida de tiempo total y mas que tengo windows 10 como dice Cawub, a primera vista parece una idea genial pero no creo que lo sea.
o x
Having something like a chaos mod would be cool but I don't think this is the way to go about it. I don't think a mod should affect the player's equipment, it should only affect the game itself.
Edgar_Figaro
If this gets implemented into the game as a mod just have it listed as "Troll" mod.

This kinda seems like a Mania map with tons of SV changes but designed for Standard. Although I guess that would be more akin to allowing mappers to change map meta data mid map which is already a request (change in AR or CS)
Endaris

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

This kinda seems like a Mania map with tons of SV changes but designed for Standard.
It's rather comparable to shuffling your keylayout on 7K if you ask me.
JustMoca

Cawub wrote:

Having something like a chaos mod would be cool but I don't think this is the way to go about it. I don't think a mod should affect the player's equipment, it should only affect the game itself.
Yes I agree, the feature is a bit out there...
Nathanael
A small amount of people might be fun of this idea of this feature but many will be against it.
Using such feature will ruin your playstyle and makes players just quit even as an unranked mod.

If I was a dev (an example), I'd prefer implementing a feature that calibrates a user's offset with their timing of keypresses/clicks to help their accuracy.
Some of the popular rhythm mobile games have this.
Luddy

Ningyoutsukai wrote:

I came up with this "feature" when I was messing around with my sensitivity... I just think that some people get way too attached to a specific sensitivity setting, so I think I'd be quite a challenge by having to readjust your movement every new game or something.

There could also be an 'accelerate' feature where the mouse sensitivity gets higher as a song progress.

This could also be done with global offset and that stuff.

I hope you get the gist of what I'm writing. I'll gladly elaborate if there's something you don't understand.
Pretty much useless, I could do the same thing by creating a macro for my keyboard that when hit would randomly switch the DPI settings for my Logitech mouse.

Even though I could do it, I would never do it...